Which model do you wish GW would bring back?

TorvaldTheMild

XV15 Stealth Suits, I like them more than the current plastic ones, I would happily see them come back as a troop choice (so as to not invalidate the plastic XV25s). I have 12 and could happily have some more.

There is also a slew of Rough Trader and 2nd Edition stuff I would love to see again like Eldar Ghost Warriors (the tiny ones) or the old Necron Lord and Scarabs (pre 3rd edition codex update).

I better stop now.

XV15 Stealth Suits, I like them more than the current plastic ones, I would happily see them come back as a troop choice (so as to not invalidate the plastic XV25s). I have 12 and could happily have some more.

There is also a slew of Rough Trader and 2nd Edition stuff I would love to see again like Eldar Ghost Warriors (the tiny ones) or the old Necron Lord and Scarabs (pre 3rd edition codex update).

I better stop now.

I don't collect tau but I quite like the new suits, though for a person that has had the previous ones I can see why you don't like them.

Daemonhosts, as a regular thing, with a new sculpt. The "current" ones - you know, the pair on pre-order made-to-order - are absolutely fugly and reek of old-school 40k in a bad way. Don't get me wrong, some old-school models have their own charm (old-school Marines, Squats) - just not the Daemonhosts. (Actually, I'd have them redo the entire Inquisition faction in plastic with either new sculpts or different ones based on the same designs that are out right now, but that's for another thread.)

On the subject of older models being brought back wholesale, the different resin marks of power armor for HH. MK III and IV weren't entirely made obsolete by the plastics - what if I wanna build the models using JUST a set of guns or something?

I'd also want them to bring back Sorcerers as they were back in the day. The plastic one they just came out with is a step in the right direction, it just needs a SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDRI helmet and it's good to go.

The Plastic Bretonnian men at arms, made so many conversions from them and always need MOAR :biggrin.:

Turning mine into 'Not Krieg' Guardsmen

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Chaos Forsaken, because the mutations on those models were absolutely amazing, and hundreds of times better than the "mutation sprue", and make the Possessed kit look tame.

These guys are weird because the mutations were fantastic and led to so many good conversions (WHFB and 40k) but as their own unit they didn't really add up to more than the sum of their parts. They always looked clunky and weird, I think because of the boring posing they needed to be ranked up.

Otherwise, the old metal/resin DE Archon. That model had style. A good open pose that got across a certain languid arrogance. Much better than the precariously perched plastic one.

Edited by Sandlemad

Chaos Forsaken, because the mutations on those models were absolutely amazing, and hundreds of times better than the "mutation sprue", and make the Possessed kit look tame.

These guys are weird because the mutations were fantastic and led to so many good conversions (WHFB and 40k) but as their own unit they didn't really add up to more than the sum of their parts. They always looked clunky and weird, I think because of the boring posing they needed to be ranked up.

Could've been worse:

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Black_Legion_Possessed_Marines.gif

Otherwise, the old metal/resin DE Archon. That model had style. A good open pose that got across a certain languid arrogance. Much better than the precariously perched plastic one.

The one holding a pyramid teabag in his hand? Yeah, he was a great miniature. I painted one up for my old GW's former manager, but regret not snapping up one for myself. I'm not fond of the new one with a pose I'm not keen on and no option for a helmeted head.

As for my choice for models to bring back, I choose the original metal Flayed Ones, because I far prefer the hunched designs with curved blades compared to stubby chisels and scissors for weapons, and the old models draped in flesh compared to the modern ones dragging around trophies. One of them actually looks like the corpse is riding them. Not creepy, just dumb.

Also, the 2nd edition style land speeder. In plastic. I like the design more, but a large metal model on a flight stand was the stuff of nightmares.

The old Pink Horrors are ten times better than the new ones. Hands down. I would love the old Nurglings (or at least their design) back as well. The old Daemon Prince was also much nicer than the current plastic kit too.

Now if we're talking FW I have a laundry list...