Which model do you wish GW would bring back?

TorvaldTheMild

I'd say either the original pewter hormagaunts, or the original pewter necron model range. I loved both of those.

Wow, I remember my friend having the old metal Hormagaunts. They constantly fell over. What a pain. The sculpts were kinda nice though to be fair.

To be fair, the plastic ones have the same issue ha ha. I loved the old pewter tyranid line. They are what got be into Warhammer. I wish I still had those old models. If I could find an army worth of old tyranids, or Necrons, I would love to have them.

I have all of the old Tyranids. I've seriously been considering painting them up to a modern standard.

The old metal Hormagaunts were a pain, the old metal Gargoyles were hell.

• 2 weeks later...
Banana helm Eldar Guardians would be nice, IG Human Bombs, Guard Beastmen, Ork-Stealer Hybrids, Ork Madboyz, original Ork Battlewagon, Rough Riders, 1st ed Marine Scouts with mohawks and poofy sleeves. The more I think about it the more good stuff I remember. :wub:

I'd say either the original pewter hormagaunts, or the original pewter necron model range. I loved both of those.

Wow, I remember my friend having the old metal Hormagaunts. They constantly fell over. What a pain. The sculpts were kinda nice though to be fair.

To be fair, the plastic ones have the same issue ha ha. I loved the old pewter tyranid line. They are what got be into Warhammer. I wish I still had those old models. If I could find an army worth of old tyranids, or Necrons, I would love to have them.

I have all of the old Tyranids. I've seriously been considering painting them up to a modern standard.

The old metal Hormagaunts were a pain, the old metal Gargoyles were hell.

Those metal Tyranid Warriors were really odd. They didn't look quite right compared to the old army aesthetic or the new ones. They now look like overgrown Termagants. At the time I didn't think much of the sculpts but looking at them again apart from the oversized weapons I think they look pretty nice.

There is so much of the old GW stuff I enjoyed.

The Kasrkin models were great but so were the even older stormtrooper models.

I was a fan of Doomrider too.

The old metal demon prince certainly fits the Chaos Space Marine model line better but was an absolute pain to put together.

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

Heyheyhey, dissing current Raptors? They're good, and they fit the modern style.

They do, yes, but the most iconic artwork of Raptors is based on the old 3rd edition ones.

Raptors.jpg

Raptor_Chaos_Lord.jpg

Raptor.JPG

Chaos_Raptor_Art.jpg

Even Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine used that design of Raptors, and that game came out around the same time as the new Raptors kit:

Csm_raptor_cutout.png

It's the helmets, jump packs and taloned feet that make the older ones look more badass than the new ones. Really, if I were to have designed the kit, I would have used that design for the Raptors, and the new one for the Warp Talons

Edited by Gederas

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

Heyheyhey, dissing current Raptors? They're good, and they fit the modern style.

Clearly you have not vowed many of them for the ETL... Horrid nasty modelses... 

All that :cussing trim... 

They should have kept the old Raptor style jump pack though, they looked great. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

And THAT is why I always do trim first on my Chaos Minis now :lol:

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

And THAT is why I always do trim first on my Chaos Minis now :laugh.:

Trim... *scratches himself uncontrollably*

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

They do, yes, but the most iconic artwork of Raptors is based on the old 3rd edition ones.

It's the helmets, jump packs and taloned feet that make the older ones look more badass than the new ones. Really, if I were to have designed the kit, I would have used that design for the Raptors, and the new one for the Warp Talons.

I own the new kit, it's great and I love it. Great bits, fun to build, only kinda single-pose so it's customizable, easy to work with. Also, you just can't find the old one, it's too desirable. The only Raptors I could find for a decent price on eBay were the ones with the weird gross winged jump packs, not the actual Raptor packs. I like the beer-keg design because it's a lore thing, really, and the actual appearance has grown on me since getting the kit.

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

[OSOM pic 1]

[OSOM pic 2]

[OSOM pic 3]

[OSOM pic 4]

Even Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine used that design of Raptors, and that game came out around the same time as the new Raptors kit:

[OSOM pic 5]

It's the helmets, jump packs and taloned feet that make the older ones look more badass than the new ones. Really, if I were to have designed the kit, I would have used that design for the Raptors, and the new one for the Warp Talons

I wouldn't have said it better, brother. To be fair, they looked kinda spindly (specially the legs, but that was a common thing back in the days). Lucoryphus' portrayal in the NL trilogy is what completely sold me on that look. That sort of mixture between a Resident Evil Licker, the Predator and a Chaos Space Marine is just too badass, yes-yes.

If I ever build some Raptors, I will try to convert them following this look, but I cannot find any good feet alternatives ATM (maybe modifying the Havoc ones?).

EDIT: How could I forget Zso Sahaal ripping some heads off with his taloned feet in Lord of the Night?

Edited by Umbra Lynx

- 3 ed Chaos Raptors

[OSOM pic 1]

[OSOM pic 2]

[OSOM pic 3]

[OSOM pic 4]

[OSOM pic 5]

I wouldn't have said it better, brother. To be fair, they looked kinda spindly (specially the legs, but that was a common thing back in the days). Lucoryphus' portrayal in the NL trilogy is what completely sold me on that look. That sort of mixture between a Resident Evil Licker, the Predator and a Chaos Space Marine is just too badass, yes-yes.

If I ever build some Raptors, I will try to convert them following this look, but I cannot find any good feet alternatives ATM (maybe modifying the Havoc ones?).

EDIT: How could I forget Zso Sahaal ripping some heads off with his taloned feet in Lord of the Night?

The Raptors kit actually comes with talons, intended for Warp Talons; just use those.