Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which model do you wish GW would bring back?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

TorvaldTheMild

TorvaldTheMild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

If you could have GW bring back one model that they no longer sell what would it be?

• templargdt likes this

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,440 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

Chaos Forsaken, because the mutations on those models were absolutely amazing, and hundreds of times better than the "mutation sprue", and make the Possessed kit look tame.

• Kinstryfe, Marshal Loss, Azekai and 3 others like this

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

TorvaldTheMild

TorvaldTheMild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

Speaking of possessed, I can't wait till we get updates for those atrocities lol

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,440 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

I don't mind the Possessed, they're far, far better than the previous metal ones, but they're just not as good as what can be done now.

• Quixus likes this

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 826 posts
XV15 Stealth Suits, I like them more than the current plastic ones, I would happily see them come back as a troop choice (so as to not invalidate the plastic XV25s). I have 12 and could happily have some more.

There is also a slew of Rough Trader and 2nd Edition stuff I would love to see again like Eldar Ghost Warriors (the tiny ones) or the old Necron Lord and Scarabs (pre 3rd edition codex update).

I better stop now.
  • Doghouse likes this

TorvaldTheMild

TorvaldTheMild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

XV15 Stealth Suits, I like them more than the current plastic ones, I would happily see them come back as a troop choice (so as to not invalidate the plastic XV25s). I have 12 and could happily have some more.

There is also a slew of Rough Trader and 2nd Edition stuff I would love to see again like Eldar Ghost Warriors (the tiny ones) or the old Necron Lord and Scarabs (pre 3rd edition codex update).

I better stop now.

I don't collect tau but I quite like the new suits, though for a person that has had the previous ones I can see why you don't like them.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,317 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Squats...

• Doghouse, Jack of the Pelt, Gederas and 6 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,098 posts

Daemonhosts, as a regular thing, with a new sculpt. The "current" ones - you know, the pair on pre-order made-to-order - are absolutely fugly and reek of old-school 40k in a bad way. Don't get me wrong, some old-school models have their own charm (old-school Marines, Squats) - just not the Daemonhosts. (Actually, I'd have them redo the entire Inquisition faction in plastic with either new sculpts or different ones based on the same designs that are out right now, but that's for another thread.)

On the subject of older models being brought back wholesale, the different resin marks of power armor for HH. MK III and IV weren't entirely made obsolete by the plastics - what if I wanna build the models using JUST a set of guns or something?

I'd also want them to bring back Sorcerers as they were back in the day. The plastic one they just came out with is a step in the right direction, it just needs a SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDRI helmet and it's good to go.

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, TorvaldTheMild and Chaplain Augustus like this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,317 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Tbh the Daemonhosts are the worse minis I have ever seen, well those and the metal Possessed. 

• Magos Takatus, ShibeKing, TorvaldTheMild and 1 other like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,485 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

The Plastic Bretonnian men at arms, made so many conversions from them and always need MOAR :D 

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Sandlemad, Kierdale and 4 others like this

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Karskin.
  • Doghouse, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Trokair and 11 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,854 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Necron Pariahs. Awesome lore & models.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Azekai, Nova_Dew and 6 others like this

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,317 posts

The Plastic Bretonnian men at arms, made so many conversions from them and always need MOAR biggrin.png

Turning mine into 'Not Krieg' Guardsmen

Edited by Slave to Darkness, 26 November 2019 - 02:00 AM.

• Noserenda likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,927 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Space crusade dreadnoughts. They look like ED 209 and I love them.

• Doghouse, Noserenda, Nomus Sardauk and 2 others like this

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,614 posts
1980s Rogue Trader era (non-Guard, non-Marine) Imperial stuff. Ad-Mech, inquisitors, adventurers, Titan crew...

Heck, I’d love the old white-metal/plastic arm IG stuff too.
And Confrontation Gangs...
  • Kolgrim DeathHowl, Trokair and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 978 posts
Karskin and the old Tau Stealth Suits. Both are much better than their replacements.
  • Trokair, Centurion Jay and FelipeFlops like this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,908 posts

Praetorian Imperial Guard :D

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Reyner, Ldorte and 3 others like this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,837 posts

Chaos Forsaken, because the mutations on those models were absolutely amazing, and hundreds of times better than the "mutation sprue", and make the Possessed kit look tame.

These guys are weird because the mutations were fantastic and led to so many good conversions (WHFB and 40k) but as their own unit they didn't really add up to more than the sum of their parts. They always looked clunky and weird, I think because of the boring posing they needed to be ranked up.

Otherwise, the old metal/resin DE Archon. That model had style. A good open pose that got across a certain languid arrogance. Much better than the precariously perched plastic one.

Edited by Sandlemad, 26 November 2019 - 09:06 AM.

• Magos Takatus likes this

DBadger

DBadger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts

Brettonians, for their conversion value in 40k.

Also not a model as such but I'd bring back the idea of random bits of terrain in battleforces - Imperial Guard and Battle for Macragge, for example.

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

I will parrot Lord Marshall and Burni, I really want to have Kasrkin back, they were such good models that really had the elite human infantry vibe to them.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra and Centurion Jay like this

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

These guys are weird because the mutations were fantastic and led to so many good conversions (WHFB and 40k) but as their own unit they didn't really add up to more than the sum of their parts. They always looked clunky and weird, I think because of the boring posing they needed to be ranked up.
Could've been worse:

Black_Legion_Possessed_Marines.gif
  • Sandlemad and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,920 posts

Otherwise, the old metal/resin DE Archon. That model had style. A good open pose that got across a certain languid arrogance. Much better than the precariously perched plastic one.

The one holding a pyramid teabag in his hand? Yeah, he was a great miniature. I painted one up for my old GW's former manager, but regret not snapping up one for myself. I'm not fond of the new one with a pose I'm not keen on and no option for a helmeted head.

As for my choice for models to bring back, I choose the original metal Flayed Ones, because I far prefer the hunched designs with curved blades compared to stubby chisels and scissors for weapons, and the old models draped in flesh compared to the modern ones dragging around trophies. One of them actually looks like the corpse is riding them. Not creepy, just dumb.

Also, the 2nd edition style land speeder. In plastic. I like the design more, but a large metal model on a flight stand was the stuff of nightmares.

• Kierdale likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,403 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
The old Pink Horrors are ten times better than the new ones. Hands down. I would love the old Nurglings (or at least their design) back as well. The old Daemon Prince was also much nicer than the current plastic kit too.

Now if we're talking FW I have a laundry list...
  • Karhedron likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,732 posts

Squats, Squat Trikes, Exo Armour and the Ork Rock Band.

MR.

• Kierdale likes this

=][= Deathwatch PBP Game =][=

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

A Sometimes daily dose of Writer's Block: Mightier Is the Pen

EnsignJoker

EnsignJoker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 426 posts
Witch hunter inquisitor with the bionic pointing hand and plasma pistol.

Always Kasrkin. And Vostroyans. And Steel Legion :P

Bretonnians were a good call too. For 40k “conversions”
  • Inquisitor lorr, Noserenda and Centurion Jay like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users