Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jokaero am I missing something

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts
I never understood the jokaero index rules, which are the same as the new rules. So now I don’t understand the new rules.

So don’t Ordo units already get full rerolls against their preferred quarry? Does the jokaero rule exist for the non quarry targets?

Still seems odd.

What am I missing?

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

Mobius0288

Mobius0288

++ FASCIA INFINITUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 638 posts

I believe it also says you can use on a unit or model, not necessarily itself? So yes, to give rerolls against non-quarry targets. It is also a character in the white dwarf rules, vs the old index where it wasn't.

So for me, drop podding a kill team with a small inquisitor retinue (space monkey included)... if I don't have xenos opponents (most are playing the new space marine stuff right now), I can use the inconceivable custom thingy on either my "agent" acolyte with a plasma gun or I can use it on the monkey. Pair that with psychic pursuit, and now I can target a character.

And it works for me because I like the xeno relics and CP warlord trait.

Nothing special beyond that, just an additional reroll opportunity against non-quarry.

I imagine you could do that combo with Greyfax to get additional bolter shots in from herself.

• Aothaine and brother_b like this
Deathwatch | Imperial Fist | Imperial Knights | Skitarii | Inquisition

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts
Yes kind of what I figured and the fact that my simian companion is a character is huge. Would have loved a +1 to rolls but content with the WD index we got.

Santaclauswitz

Santaclauswitz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
I think the big takeaway from what mobius said is that jokaero can use inconceivable customisation on itself. Remember they don't have the quarry rule

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts

I think the big takeaway from what mobius said is that jokaero can use inconceivable customisation on itself. Remember they don't have the quarry rule

I must have misunderstood I thought they were order as well, didn't look closely. That's good then, allowing them to energize themselves.

• librisrouge likes this

Mainely Wargamming

Mainely Wargamming

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
  • Faction: Custodes

I've seen some pretty hilarious usage with Drop Pods.  Steel RAIN style.  Load up 10 Jokero Weapon smiths, unleash hell, watch your opponent's face.

• brother_b likes this

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

I'd like to get one of these little furry guys as a member of my Inquisitors retinue but GW is seemingly always out of stock.

Do any of you know of any decent third parties where you have seen an alternative?

Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights, Sisters.
For the Emperor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users