IF successors after the FAQ (Non CF and BT)

newdigitalGK

So with the change from Siegebreaker Cohort being founding chapter only. What are us successor chapters main tactic? I'm generally not including Crimson Fists or Black Templar because they have other shenanigans they could focus on. Or do you feel like we didn't lose much not being able to use Siegebreaker Cohort. 

It's a huge loss.

I will say some interesting things you could do would be to focus on more aggressive builds.

Being able to take a tank captain is pretty brutal. Can only be wounded on a 4+ halves all damage, and sports a 3++ is very powerful.

Taking sternguard or devastators in a drop pod with the ability to take an 1+ save in cover is fairly strong.

Same goes for dropping in tactical terminators with missiles for that sweet 0+ save and all the bells and whistles.

It really just depends on what your focus is and what abilities you want to take from the DIY tactics.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I honestly can’t see a reason to take a successor chapter outside of BT and CF.

The main chapter tactic is really good! Exploding bolters and ignoring cover is awesome! Especially in the tournament scene where you see so many iron hands/raven guard successors who run “stealthy”.

I think that’s probably fair. Usually, ignoring cover is a very big bonus nowadays.

Stealthy and Master Artisans are pretty big bonuses though. Planes benefit a lot from both, as they’re quite unlikely to be in range for reroll auras, or getting cover. But there’s a pretty strong argument for running planes as iron hands successors instead.

• 1 month later...