CA Points leak

Vassakov

Anyone else see that the Fenrisian Great Axe for our Ven and Wulfen dreads dropped 20 points?  Axe and Shield dreads now cost 127 and 112 respectively.  Could be something there with Bjorn and Murderfang walking up the field surrounded by 4++ dreadnoughts.  

noticed that yesterday and wasnt sure if that was new or old points, but I love the point drop.

also lukas dropped 30 points. :)

Yeah, but the error in our points could be brushed under the table easily as it’s not “that big” of an error.

I’m planning on emailing them, but I think we all should.

If anyone has an email address to send alerts to, if they could share it here that would help.

I sent the mail to uk.custserv@gwplc.com

It does look like our points drops are quite a bit more than other armies, so this should be a net gain for us. Not enough to bring us in line with anyone else but with a little boost in PA I think we'll be there or there abouts. I don't really have to choose between Thunderwolves or that extra dread now in my normal list which is lovely :)

I think the best option is the great wolf claw/shield wulfen dread...

1. Is 8pts cheaper

2.flat 3 damage

3.no minus to hit.

4.reroll all wounds

104 points with 2 storm bolters by my count

The axe has the cleave attack and is - 3 but it will miss alot more than claw

Edited by lonewolf81

Against a T7/8 3+ save target, a Wolf Claw will inflict on average 4.74 wounds. The Great Axe will inflict on average 3.89 wounds.

This means that the Claw has a definite statistical edge despite being cheaper. Where the Axe shines is that it can be used in Scythe mode which makes it far more effective against 1W infantry.

I think I also lean in favour of the claw but it is by no means a done deal.

Axes look cooler :smile.:

Eight out of ten Vikings agree with this comment.

Gotta keep in mind that we are getting new rules soon as well. So we shouldn't judge the point adjustments too much until those rules drop and we can review them. Otherwise it might be another Feirros/Guilliman incident where they are nerfed and shouldn't have been nerfed. But I am super happy for the drop in points for the wolves! Going to be running 3 max squads in every list if I can. :D

IIt's so Fluffy Meme

Yeah, but the error in our points could be brushed under the table easily as it’s not “that big” of an error.

I’m planning on emailing them, but I think we all should.

If anyone has an email address to send alerts to, if they could share it here that would help.

I sent the mail to uk.custserv@gwplc.com

I have just heard back that the correct address for these emails is:

40KFAQ@gwplc.com

I do encourage as many people as possible to email (politely) so that they are not tempted to ignore it.

I have just heard back that the correct address for these emails is:

40KFAQ@gwplc.com

I do encourage as many people as possible to email (politely) so that they are not tempted to ignore it.

I'm not even really sure what the error is. :p

Well as all of our fast attack reverted to old points, likely in error. I wouldn't be surprised to see a FAQ correcting that points block. There is no reason for our landspeeder to be 25 points more expensive than marine ones for example. I asked them to confirm the points are correct not to analyze any specific unit because it looks like a copy paste error from last chapter approved, or maybe the index.

They could also not be adjusted due to changes in pa6.

Either way it will be a bit until we find out.

I'm happy wity the 5 pt drop from the shields on them. Atmost I could see a 4 pt drop on the twolves

I think the 5 point drop and the extra attack from Angels of Death puts T-wolves in a pretty good place really. They're fine, just utterly outclassed by Wulfen but to be fair, what isn't!? Mine chew through Infantry with Frost Swords (did they get a decrease as well?) and they're fairly tough to boot. Screen them with Wolves to avoid some Smite, I'm pretty happy.

Off topic, can we take the Master of the Forge upgrade from Faith and Fury? Iron Priests do have the Techmarine key word...?