Prot's Awakening. A tale of my Eldar Folly.

Prot

• 3 weeks later...

I've been following and reading your blog for some time. 

I've noticed in your latest list you are taking only 7 wraithguard -- are these guys just too expensive and fragile in order to take more than 1 squad of them. Are they just not competitive? I don't care much about being super competitive personally but I also want to have fun.

I've been following and reading your blog for some time. 

I've noticed in your latest list you are taking only 7 wraithguard -- are these guys just too expensive and fragile in order to take more than 1 squad of them. Are they just not competitive? I don't care much about being super competitive personally but I also want to have fun.

That's a tough question to answer.... so here's my take based on my last 10 or so games with them:

- They are a bit too expensive. For their personal stats, all the Wraith infantry are, but the axe and board have survivability.

- The reason there is only one squad is because it doesn't work without buffs. The squad needs constant buffs to be a solid rock.

- IF you're opponent can't deal with this squad, it does win you games.

- It must be supported by lots of psychic powers.

I get asked about this squad a lot. A lot of online eldar players still aren't getting how this squad works, but it does win a lot of games. 

Taking 2 of the units doesn't work because you can't buff/defend them properly. Basically the unit acts as a bully unit while your softer units do some of the unit dissecting. Reaching mid table with this unit can cause a lot of opponents big problems.  Give it a shot. I think it takes some time but you can take on some very superior codexes and give them a good battle with this unorthodox unit.