NEW Legion Sabre Strike Tank

At least the fire raptor to storm eagle comparison has the same excruciating build problems, so youd want to pick the best for the list there :wink:

For real though, saying an executioner is a better option than a sabre is a statement devoid of all context. Tank hunting is patently worse, as two sabres with autocannons do a far better job than one executioner. To contrast, heavy infantry removal is obviously the strength of the pred.

My point exactly :) they are both good units but they have very different roles.

The two builds I see are autocanon + MM or stock + the shock pulse cannon. Those missiles are a trap choice imo.

Low points for shock pulse is really nice. If you have a way to outflank these suckers they have a spot in certain lists for sure.

The two builds I see are autocanon + MM or stock + the shock pulse cannon. Those missiles are a trap choice imo.

Low points for shock pulse is really nice. If you have a way to outflank these suckers they have a spot in certain lists for sure.

The best build in my opinion is the MM with the Neutron Blaster, but I can see there being mileage with a Volkite Culverin and Saker for just blending infantry or militia. The high volume of shots is definitely interesting, but I wouldn't say the best job for it. But, 95pts per Sabre for that is hard to argue with when you can field 6 for less than 600pts and they would cause a lot of headaches for horde armies.

The best build in my opinion is the MM with the Neutron Blaster, but I can see there being mileage with a Volkite Culverin and Saker for just blending infantry or militia. The high volume of shots is definitely interesting, but I wouldn't say the best job for it. But, 95pts per Sabre for that is hard to argue with when you can field 6 for less than 600pts and they would cause a lot of headaches for horde armies.

MM with Neutron is def a good option, but boy do you pay for it. For the price of 2 MM you could almost have another Sabre

It's been a while since we've seen an entirely new chassis design, so I thought I'd flex the old designing muscles:

gallery_53779_12611_480904.png

gallery_53779_12611_1530821.png

(it's actually a design I envisioned a while ago, it just turns out that I wasn't the only one who thought the Mastodon's front tracks would be cool to base a tank off :happy.: )

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

Nah the missiles are crap, it is litterally a rount of assaultcannon shooting for 20 points, it is ridicolous.

I'm with Brofist here, AC + MM or only pulselaser but I would say that a 5pts combi-weapon is worth it too.

A volkite-saber could be fun too if you verse not-marines or can use a bucketload of S6, remember a combi-volkite for 5pts can shoot it's volkite charger every turn so you get another 2 S5 choomies ;)

Also, I want a fast transport based on the sabre.

Just slap a couple of side-chatches and a small top-hatch on there, toss out the main weapon and we're done.

Zooom! :smile.:

If FW do that then they might as well put the Deimos rhino on "no longer available" since no one will buy it.

It's been a while since we've seen an entirely new chassis design, so I thought I'd flex the old designing muscles:

(it's actually a design I envisioned a while ago, it just turns out that I wasn't the only one who thought the Mastodon's front tracks would be cool to base a tank off :happy.: )

I suggest that you put track guards on the top/front of the vehicle. Also a massive ammo belt feed to the assault cannon.

Just slap a couple of side-chatches and a small top-hatch on there, toss out the main weapon and we're done.

If FW do that then they might as well put the Deimos rhino on "no longer available" since no one will buy it.

Or they make one in plastic :whistling:

Leave me alone, a man can dream.

Zooom! :)

They just need to remove the front gun, add a few more pintle options and have it as a 5 man capacity, just for non JP standard power armor units. Then you have a high end/ tech razor back precourser vehicle.

Edit: also, I did a quick colour job:

gallery_53779_12611_1530821.png

From the Sabre squadron pictured on FW's homepage, the hull looks a bit too squat next to PA marines to convincingly fit side doors when taking the tracks into account - instead, I have an idea involving fitting a frontal assault ramp similar to the one I designed for this Grav-Carrier concept, with the driver's compartment and cupola moved to the rear left-hand corner of the vehicle, maybe with a pair of hull weapon mounts (probably only combi-bolters) flanking the assault ramp similar to the Redemptor's chest weapons.

(it's actually a design I envisioned a while ago, it just turns out that I wasn't the only one who thought the Mastodon's front tracks would be cool to base a tank off :happy.: )

I suggest that you put track guards on the top/front of the vehicle. Also a massive ammo belt feed to the assault cannon.

The Warg's still a light vehicle, so I don't want to push its front armour past the existing AV 12 already possessed by the Sabre (I have extended the side armour at the rear of the vehicle as it's AV 12 there too), plus the cutaway track guards are a distinctive part of the aesthetic and I don't want it looking too blocky. The Kheres does have an ammo feed, it's just at the rear of the weapon and obscured by the turret assembly - it curves down into the turret ring in a similar way to the ammo feeds on a Land-Raider's hull-mount.

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

Hmm, acctually, I think the Sabre is of a similar size as the rhino. It looks smaller du to the difference of perspective with the infantry in the foreground, if you look at the surrounding terrain in relation to the tank it is acctually a bit bigger than we think.

So while i think that the mars pattern rhino hatches will be a little to big the deimos pattern circular hatches should be a snug fit. :)

I am not certain that a forward-facing assault ramp is a good idea, then it is probably better to redesign it with a single rear hatch and relocate the "engine" so to say into the sides of the hull into a more chimera-esque configuration.

Nah the missiles are crap, it is litterally a rount of assaultcannon shooting for 20 points, it is ridicolous.

I'm with Brofist here, AC + MM or only pulselaser but I would say that a 5pts combi-weapon is worth it too.

A volkite-saber could be fun too if you verse not-marines or can use a bucketload of S6, remember a combi-volkite for 5pts can shoot it's volkite charger every turn so you get another 2 S5 choomies ;)

Multi melta has less of a chance of resulting in hull point against every target except av 14 without AC. Missiles are there to add hull point burst, which is why a 5pt combi plas is a great buy as you one shot av 11 and cripple av 12 and 13. To put it in perspective, that multi melta that's 25 pts will only cause an explodes 1 out of every 5 shots, against av 10, in melta range...

Oh, so it is a bit smaller.

Same height and lenght (if you count the exhausts) as the rhino but maybe 2 cm narrower, however due to the shape it has a lot less bulk than the rhino.

I still like it.

legion-sabre-space-marine-tank-built-2.j

Same height and lenght (if you count the exhausts) as the rhino but maybe 2 cm narrower, however due to the shape it has a lot less bulk than the rhino.

I still like it.

Oh my word, it's adorable! :wub:

I still like it.

I think that has a lot to do with why I like it so much - it's clearly purpose-designed as a battle tank chassis, and while the rhino hull is versatile (hence why there are so many variants), you'll never get away from the fact that its base is an APC, and therefore a lot bulkier and less streamlined

I like that new chasis. Speaking of rhino hull, I am not huge fun of how predator looks like. Does anyone have any alternatives for the model, or at least turret?

You could go Forgeworld for the Deimos Variant for full tanks.

Personly i am going to use a lot of Kromlech stuff to have another look and make turrets and sponsons interchangable.

Here is the assault tank bundle.

https://bitsofwar.com/home/838-legionary-assault-tank-bundle.html

and here is the artillery tank bundle:

https://bitsofwar.com/home/1144-legionary-artillery-tank-bundle.html

Thanks for answer! I know both of those and still don't like them :/ The best thing so far I have found is that turret: http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=349 looks nice on rhino chasis. Also tu buff up hull I found this: https://miniaturescenery.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=152

Using real life scale model tank turret is also an option. Doeas anyone have any other ideas?

p.s. Any chance we could make an new topic out of it? Plz!

Apologies for bumping an older topic, but having just splashed out on two of these, I'm left wondering something important: can a Thunderhawk Transporter carry two Sabres, or just the one? The rules make reference to "Rhino-sized" or "Land Raider-sized", and from the photo above it would appear a Sabre is similar in size to a Rhino...