Dominions vanguard move

Nichodemus10

Reading the codex it seems like the dominions have kept there vanguard move, but lost the ability to extend that to their dedicated transport.

Is everyone else seeing this the same way, or am I missing something somewhere?

If that is the way it reads do we expect that to get FAQed?

Certainly that's what Crusher Joe found in his review - follow the link in this post: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/360159-adepta-sororitas-review/?p=5435021

IMHO its probably intentional, but we won't know for sure until the next big FAQ comes out.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Just speculating, but I'd say FAQ'd and corrected on the non-limited edition Codex that drops for the full release. That Vanguard move for the transport has been consistent in every edition since Witch Hunters, though I forget whether it was there in 2nd. Gotta be a misprint. 

That Vanguard move for the transport has been consistent in every edition since Witch Hunters, though I forget whether it was there in 2nd. Gotta be a misprint. 

No dominions in 2nd, and witch hunters didn't have it (3e predated scout moves). Dominions were dedicated mechanised units though and had compulsory transports.

They cannot currently extend their move to the transports and I wouldn't expect it to be FAQ'd.

This is correct, and one of the bigger disappointments in the book.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm pretty sure the Repulsor is going to get Legend'd and it won't matter any more anyway -- at least for 'competitive' play.

Do you mean the Repressor  - the FW sisters (well, and Arbites) only rhino variant?  Because the Repulsor is the floating Primaris marine tank, which I doubt is going Legends anytime soon. :tongue.:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Do you mean the Repressor - the FW sisters (well, and Arbites) only rhino variant? Because the Repulsor is the floating Primaris marine tank, which I doubt is going Legends anytime soon. :tongue.:

Folks really don't like seeing those these days lol

I agree on the Repressor assessment. I'm no fan of data sheets without models.

The vanguard move not applying to transports is a bummer - I would have used it on Immolators almost always lol

I remember in previous editions units with a scout move could use that ability when embarked on a dedicated transport.

But I can't think of any unit in this edition that gets to use that ability while in a transport.

Genestealer cults Achilles ridgerunner is a vehicle that scouts, not the same thing though. HOWEVER, As far as I know that's the only other unit left in the game that still has a scout move, though there are quite a lot of units and I could be wrong.

I remember in previous editions units with a scout move could use that ability when embarked on a dedicated transport.

But I can't think of any unit in this edition that gets to use that ability while in a transport.

Genestealer cults Achilles ridgerunner is a vehicle that scouts, not the same thing though. HOWEVER, As far as I know that's the only other unit left in the game that still has a scout move, though there are quite a lot of units and I could be wrong.

Imperial Guard Scout Sentinels still have a scout move.

The Repressor isn't going into legends.

Leaks for CA2019 show it is still enduring ongoing points adjustments within Chapter Approved, which disqualifies it from Legends.

I can still hope it gets mothballed. Having a unit with no available model is daft as hell.

D: I have 3 of them, and would be very sad if those units I bought years ago were shelved / squatted just because.

I'd rather see them re-release the model.

Leaks for CA2019 show it is still enduring ongoing points adjustments within Chapter Approved, which disqualifies it from Legends.

I can still hope it gets mothballed. Having a unit with no available model is daft as hell.

D: I have 3 of them, and would be very sad if those units I bought years ago were shelved / squatted just because.

Okay, if we're talking preference I too would like an actual model. I'd prefer a plastic one, but I'll take resin over that if it's available.

But I do not want a unit like this, with no model, to exist in any competitive way. Easiest fix is to retire it, so that's what I expect.

Okay, if we're talking preference I too would like an actual model. I'd prefer a plastic one, but I'll take resin over that if it's available.

But I do not want a unit like this, with no model, to exist in any competitive way. Easiest fix is to retire it, so that's what I expect.

Because it's so hard to plop one of the many outstanding repressor conversion kits on top of a rhino?

You say you don't want a "unit like this, with no model" like there never was a model sold by GW for a GW game. I have ten Repressors and would be really miffed if they got dropped from competitive play because the "sisters so hard if they were plastic" crowd can't get their hands on them.

Easiest fix is to leave the FW units rules in the FW index and print its points in CA. You know, like what they have already been doing for all of 8ed.

Remove the Fire Points, since they took it away from everyone else, bring down the cost a bit, give Dominions back the scout move. 

Though I guess we'll see when they actually release the finalized legends data sheets. I imagine a lot of SM Characters are going the way of the squat, the same with Sisters Jump Cannonesses, Jacobus, etc. 

Removing the fire points removes any reason to bring the Repressor.

The Vanguard move being removed from the transport actually helps take a little heat off the Dominions in my mind.

I have been putting AS SB doms in Repressors with some BR Repentia+Can tagging along for fun. Keep advancing and firing, drop the crazies off when a target presents itself.

Remove the Fire Points, since they took it away from everyone else, bring down the cost a bit, give Dominions back the scout move. 

Though I guess we'll see when they actually release the finalized legends data sheets. I imagine a lot of SM Characters are going the way of the squat, the same with Sisters Jump Cannonesses, Jacobus, etc. 

"Remove the fire points like they did from everyone else"

They absolutely did not do that from everyone else. Dark Eldar, just as a single example, can fire from inside their vehicles.

They absolutely did not do that from everyone else. Dark Eldar, just as a single example, can fire from inside their vehicles.

err.... yes they did remove fire points - that is the ability to fire from enclosed vehicles such as rhinos, chimeras etc etc .

Dark Eldar (+ quins & orks... maybe others dont know) can still fire from Open Toped vehicles .... not the same rule!

Imperial Guard Scout Sentinels still have a scout move.

Yes a vehicle with a scout move can make a scout move, just like an infantry unit with a scout move can make a scout move.

But an infantry unit with a scout move CAN NOT give that scout move to a vehicle that doesn't naturally come with a scout move.

err.... yes they did remove fire points - that is the ability to fire from enclosed vehicles such as rhinos, chimeras etc etc .

Dark Eldar (+ quins & orks... maybe others dont know) can still fire from Open Toped vehicles .... not the same rule!

I think the only units with fire points are fortifications now.