Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Reveal] Triumph of St. Katherine & stand-alone Repentia kit

Adepta Sororitas faction

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Borky

Borky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
  • Faction: White Scars

Hadn't seen anyone post this, so figured I'd do so.

The Triumph is looking good!

fdb40318.jpg

6201b253.jpg

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 03 December 2019 - 12:50 PM.
Edited title and tags.

• Master Commander Ajax, templargdt and Aothaine like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,713 posts
I absolutely love the Triumph. I will find a way to make it work on the table, no doubt about that.

Edited by Lemondish, 30 November 2019 - 10:04 AM.

• Beaky Brigade likes this

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
  • Faction: IH, SoH, IK

That is a really cool miniature design! I love the Archeopter, it is really unique. I will definitely not getting any, but I hope, that I will see it on the tabletop - play against it. 

The Triumph is also a really nice addition to the SoB range! Well, I'm not sure if I would like to collect a Sororitas army, but that is a nice centerpiece model, that I would like to assemble and paint up, even it will never hit the battlefield...

I used to be a regular Space Marine, just like you. - but then I took the Horus Heresy in the knee...

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,195 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I absolutely love the Triumph. I will find a way to make it work on the table, no doubt about that.

So do I, and I'm playing BT.

I'm thinking using the sisters bearing the icons as cenobytes, the tomb as an objective marker or as part of a large base (IK or flyer) and the remaining sisters as inquisitors ?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,828 posts

re: Triumph
https://www.warhamme...11/fdb40318.jpg

OK, are those supposed to be representatives from each of the major orders? I see Bloody Rose with the petal plate. I see Ebon Chalice, burning. I see Valorous Heart, with the icon staff. Martyred Lady seems to be leading them with the shield, but there's no Argent Shroud, instead there's... Glowing Chalice, the censer?

Saint herself seems to be... Golden Light?

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg, 30 November 2019 - 10:45 AM.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,520 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

re: Triumph
https://www.warhamme...11/fdb40318.jpg

OK, are those supposed to be representatives from each of the major orders? I see Bloody Rose with the petal plate. I see Ebon Chalice, burning. I see Valorous Heart, with the icon staff. Martyred Lady seems to be leading them with the shield, but there's no Argent Shroud, instead there's... Glowing Chalice, the censer?

Saint herself seems to be... Golden Light?

There’s a relic from each of the 6 main orders in the rules, with the Shield and the saint herself being from Martyred Lady (saint Katherine being the Martyred Lady, I believe). 
49146150637_434a6c9bfe_c.jpg

• Aothaine, Spyros and NKirkham24 like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

So do I, and I'm playing BT.

I'm thinking using the sisters bearing the icons as cenobytes, the tomb as an objective marker or as part of a large base (IK or flyer) and the remaining sisters as inquisitors ?

I mean, you're not a proper Templar if seeing the Triumph doesn't at least make you think of the bottom right corner of this:

Spoiler

Edited by Reinhard, 30 November 2019 - 12:37 PM.

• Son of Carnelian, Kierdale, Reclusiarch Krieg and 1 other like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,773 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Triumph of St. Katherine is stunning, as is the rest of the Sisters' range. Not too fussed about the Mechanicus flyer. One big reveal to go, apparently, but pretty dull as far as these events are measured

• Master Commander Ajax, 01RTB01 and Lemondish like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,068 posts
The flier is absolutely awesome.

I'm definitely getting triumph and I've got fingers crossed for a unit of sword and shield sororitas like the one leading the procession. Such a cool look.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

So what was the thing about the Triumph, is it order specific or can any sisters use it?

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,713 posts

So what was the thing about the Triumph, is it order specific or can any sisters use it?

It is not order specific, which is a blessing (and a small curse). It can't be protected by Celestians, for example.

Only T3, but 18 wounds, a 4++, and -1 to hit. Lots of bonuses doled out based on the relics being carried, and they lose access as the thing takes damage. I love everything about it.
  • MoshJason likes this

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,195 posts

Any. As it is, each of the sisters/relics represents a different order majoris.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts

The unit uses relics from all the prime orders, so it is for all of them

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,570 posts

=][= Topic re-opened. Please stick to the subject at hand (i.e. the Triumph of St. Katherine and the stand-alone Repentia kits). =][=

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.pngtn_gallery_45765_15430_660.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,603 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

So the 6 girls... looking at the models we get another canoness (the one at the back) 1 Sister Superior with a sword (the one at the front - the shield gets added to a canoness as the relic of +1 wound, +1 save) & then the 4 icon bearers I was thinking could be converted in to additional diagolous' and hospitilers.

Then we have a large objective (the tomb), and a couple of smaller objectives (the carried icons) + 5 cherubs to go on 25/32mm bases to add to existing units

Whats other peoples ideas?

(Yes this does mean buying 2! Triumphs... which is a truimph of GWs model making :P)

• Shadow Captain Vyper likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Cool display piece. Not sure it belongs on the table. Hope this and the recent AoS one aren't the beginning of a trend.

• Subtleknife likes this

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,638 posts

Cool display piece. Not sure it belongs on the table. Hope this and the recent AoS one aren't the beginning of a trend.

I'm of the opposite opinion, it *absolutely* deserves to be on the table! What an amazing centerpiece for the army. Especially when you consider what other factions get!
  • andes, Sandlemad, fire golem and 9 others like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,350 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Yeah I'm with Charlo on that. The Triumph and Katakros are awesome models to have on the table with fitting rules. Literally the only thing I don't like about the Triumph is that I don't see it surviving past the first turn in 40k since it has only T3. ^^

• Lemondish likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Awesome for sure, but it is still an infantry model. How is this supposed to be placed in terrain?

• Subtleknife likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I think this kit will be worth it for the bits alone.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,603 posts

Awesome for sure, but it is still an infantry model. How is this supposed to be placed in terrain?

guessing the sisters terrain piece will have nice high walls and an internal space just the right size to fit the Triumph :P

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

happy.png

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

guessing the sisters terrain piece will have nice high walls and an internal space just the right size to fit the Triumph tongue.png

Well, I guess it is heresy to carry such important relics through dirty woods or dusty ruins...

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,713 posts

Yeah I'm with Charlo on that. The Triumph and Katakros are awesome models to have on the table with fitting rules. Literally the only thing I don't like about the Triumph is that I don't see it surviving past the first turn in 40k since it has only T3. ^^

Realistically I think there are a few more key targets to focus on against Sisters.

We'll need to try it to see, of course.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 499 posts
As a display piece I like it. Not a fan as a gaming piece. Should have been separate models imo. It would be like putting calgar and the honour guard onto one base. Also it seems like an easy first blood.

Edited by Subtleknife, 03 December 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,603 posts

Realistically I think there are a few more key targets to focus on against Sisters.

We'll need to try it to see, of course.

I think theres a reason why the new immolators are so tall..... trying see ANY thing short of a knight over them* :P

*In fact I wonder if they could give a knight a cover save :P

• sfPanzer likes this

happy.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users