Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Reveal] Triumph of St. Katherine & stand-alone Repentia kit

Adepta Sororitas faction

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts

As a display piece I like it. Not a fan as a gaming piece. Should have been separate models imo. It would be like putting calgar and the honour guard onto one base. Also it seems like an easy first blood.

Which would look super cool.
  • fire golem, Reclusiarch Krieg and Doctor Perils like this

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,828 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I'm so totally magnetizing these Sisters on both the Triumph and on 32mm bases. So many uses and so much easier transport. And you can take them off once the wounds start going down.

• fire golem, Gumo9, Reinhard and 1 other like this

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,645 posts

I like it because it is many models standing in interaction with each other. It's a diorama on its own, and the units on it would clearly fight together. 

For once though I guess i could have preffered if it had the whole, "FW HH bases where a smaller base is hidden in the bigger base"-thing. Though i guess with magnets you can make them removable as wounds are lost, as suggested right above me.

Most of all I just really want to paint one. Looks fun.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
Reckon it’ll be one of the few units I paint before assembling to be honest....

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

re: Triumph
https://www.warhamme...11/fdb40318.jpg

OK, are those supposed to be representatives from each of the major orders? I see Bloody Rose with the petal plate. I see Ebon Chalice, burning. I see Valorous Heart, with the icon staff. Martyred Lady seems to be leading them with the shield, but there's no Argent Shroud, instead there's... Glowing Chalice, the censer?

Saint herself seems to be... Golden Light?

Argent Shroud is the Sister at the very back.

BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts

Can anyone tell how big that base is? Is it a 100mm like the ones they use for Magnus and Mortarion? 

As a display piece I like it. Not a fan as a gaming piece. Should have been separate models imo. It would be like putting calgar and the honour guard onto one base. Also it seems like an easy first blood.

Which would look super cool.

I can definitely see other non-sister armies creating their own "Triumph Of..." set piece just for the fun of it!

Right now I'm thinking of having Draigo with his sword and shield magnetised at the front of a large base, with 5 GK Paladins behind him surrounding a hovering Sarcophagus of a previous Supreme Grandmaster who fell in combat. GK wont ever have a dedicated Primarch model just like the SoB (which I see this unit as their equivalent), so a one-of-a-kind unit like this is an amazing centrepiece for not just them but armies who don't get dedicated Primarch/LOW units/models.

Edited by Waking Dreamer, 04 December 2019 - 06:35 AM.

BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts
This Triumph piece reminds me of the old Brettonian Relic Knight, the one with the dudes carrying their long dead liege into battle, and that’s awesome. Love the sculpt and the feel, Sisters seems the right kind of force for that kind of gaming diorama

The Repentia look pretty cool, glad they’re in plastic as I can have a shot at turning some of them into more archeo-flaggelants for some variety

Edited by UtariOnzo, 04 December 2019 - 07:01 AM.

• Father Mapple likes this

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,079 posts
  • Faction: BT/CF/Orks/AS/IG/etc

I'm still curious as to the Repentia kit itself in that is it going to be a 10-model kit or not. The models being spread into two pictures raises the question, but I guess it'd be very unlikely that they'd release 1+4 and 5 model kits. Mainly contemplating it since I don't really need another whip-lady, and only 5 Repentia, after having the army set. Not that I'd mind more than 9 if not for list-building reasons. They're nice models for sure. I suppose the extra Superior could be converted to a Canoness.

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

This Triumph piece reminds me of the old Brettonian Relic Knight, the one with the dudes carrying their long dead liege into battle, and that’s awesome. Love the sculpt and the feel, Sisters seems the right kind of force for that kind of gaming diorama

The Repentia look pretty cool, glad they’re in plastic as I can have a shot at turning some of them into more archeo-flaggelants for some variety

I believe you mean Grail Reliquae. The difference there was that the model was designed to be part of a tight regiment of warriors in line formation. it did not matter much that the model was hard to place in terrain, as regiments were difficult to place in terrain anyway. But the Triumph is basically a squad of skirmishers that normally are able to take advantage of terrain. But the sheer size of the base will make much more difficult that a regular squad on separate bases.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,645 posts
Does that look like an object you'd easily take into cover? Do the sisters look like taking cover would be the first thing on their minds? Imagine the petal one sitting in cover while strewing petals about
  • Noserenda and Metzombie like this

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,616 posts

Does that look like an object you'd easily take into cover? Do the sisters look like taking cover would be the first thing on their minds? Imagine the petal one sitting in cover while strewing petals about

And now I want to create a display base with the procession surrounded by blooming cherry trees. 

• Noserenda and Gederas like this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,079 posts

Isn't the current cover rule for infantry - and the Triumph IS infantry - like this: "All of the models in a unit need to be at least partially on or within terrain if any of the models are to receive the +1 bonus to their saving throw."

For Triumph, it's considered to be just one model instead of a squad, so as long as even a small piece of the base is on a terrain piece, it should gain cover?

• Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,828 posts

Isn't the current cover rule for infantry - and the Triumph IS infantry - like this: "All of the models in a unit need to be at least partially on or within terrain if any of the models are to receive the +1 bonus to their saving throw."

For Triumph, it's considered to be just one model instead of a squad, so as long as even a small piece of the base is on a terrain piece, it should gain cover?

Yup. Its only problem in general is that it's 18 Wounds (10+), so it's targetable.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,341 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Yup. Its only problem in general is that it's 18 Wounds (10+), so it's targetable.

18 wounds at T3. That's the problem. Even a unit of Intercessors will pose a threat to it, not to mention heavier weaponry.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,825 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Which makes sense because its just six sisters and a dead body. 

• Xenith likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,341 posts

It makes sense fluff-wise but doesn't make much sense compared to six regular characters crunch-wise.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,825 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
If only there was a mechanic to attach characters to units to represent a bodyguard formation
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
Now why isn’t it 12 or 24 wounds? I mean all our characters are 2 or 4+ wounds each...@18 wounds that’s 3 a piece !

:P

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,195 posts

Now why isn’t it 12 or 24 wounds? I mean all our characters are 2 or 4+ wounds each...@18 wounds that’s 3 a piece !

tongue.png

Or 4 models a 2W and 2 models at 4W, which is exactly 18 as well. You can't fight the maths.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,640 posts
  • Faction: The Wolf Pack (Space Wolves)

Fantastic! It is like a Primaris for Sisters! Stunning model and amazing rules! :D

gallery_26154_15777_6252.png
The Wolf Pack - Space Wolfs (Iron Wolves)

Flesh Tearers - 5th Company

The Argent Fists - Space Marines: Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists

The Moirai - Chaos Knights: Sisters of Fate

Oblivion Hunters - Chaos Space Marines (Renegade White Scars)

Order of the Steel Rose - Sisters of Battle

4th Company - Dark Angels

The Roaring Lions - Ultima Founding Successor that I can use with any rule set

Iron Hands List Ideas

Short Stories: Brother Ashur, Kell's Last Battle, Awakening, Sagas of the Wolf Pack

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,710 posts

18 wounds at T3. That's the problem. Even a unit of Intercessors will pose a threat to it, not to mention heavier weaponry.
A maximum sized unit of Intercessors with bolt rifles in the tactical doctrine next to a captain and lieutenant will only manage about 4.5 damage on average, without factoring in any 4+ miracle dice you decide to use on it (it will benefit from its own effect after all).

Against any other target they would fare far better. Do you think an Intercessor squad would prefer to shoot at the Triumph, with its limited buffs, or a unit of Retributors? How about Dominions? Or Seraphim that just appeared (tactical means turn 2)?

And keep in mind that the Marine player just used 170 points of Intercessors supported by another 130-150 points of characters to trade in less than 5 wounds on the Triumph, a 180 point model.

It's still 10 points per wound at 4++ and -1 to hit. It isn't a particularly clutch unit that will decimate if left unchecked, but Retributors are. Dominions can be. Seraphim are as well. Consider what it is protecting if your opponent goes full bad guy and opens up at a funeral. You not only eat way more firepower than it's worth, but it also get to shame them for their actions. Who shoots a funeral procession?!

Edited by Lemondish, 05 December 2019 - 07:08 PM.

• Noserenda and CaptainMarsh like this

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,079 posts

Yeah, but this was specifically about being able to have it in cover. It's certainly targetable, which is a weakness. Surprised they didn't let even Celestians bodyguard it. But then trying to bodyguard it from multi-damage weapons would be a pain in the butt given the way the bodyguard units work.

It makes sense fluff-wise but doesn't make much sense compared to six regular characters crunch-wise.

But if it was separate characters, in terms of terrain and cover, it'd actually be harder to get into cover sometimes, since you'd have to get all of the models in there separate. Although admittedly you'd be able to operate in ruins and such places with multiple levels.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,341 posts

But if it was separate characters, in terms of terrain and cover, it'd actually be harder to get into cover sometimes, since you'd have to get all of the models in there separate. Although admittedly you'd be able to operate in ruins and such places with multiple levels.

What do I care about cover whent he enemy can't even shoot at them though? ^^

Also getting 6 infantry models into cover is really not a problem lol

Disclaimer:

MoshJason

MoshJason

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
I feel like it's going to be tankier than people are giving it credit for. It's a 18 wound, 4++ -1 to hit model that can ignore ap-1 and get easy access to a 2+?

Sure, lascannons/meltas will wreck it, but that's when you drop as many Miracle dice* as possible to get those 4++ before you have to roll, and then command point reroll a 4+. Now the opponent has wasted a chunk of their anti tank on your hq, and your Exorcists can freely fire back!

*1 a round base, 2 a round from St Katherine, +1 from WL trait and +1 from Sanctum.
  • SteveAntilles and Lemondish like this

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts

Now why isn’t it 12 or 24 wounds? I mean all our characters are 2 or 4+ wounds each...@18 wounds that’s 3 a piece !:P

Or 4 models a 2W and 2 models at 4W, which is exactly 18 as well. You can't fight the maths.

Or 2W for each of the 6 Sisters and 6W for the open casket and flying cherubs....
BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users