Our new flier!1

Black Knight

There are times, as a Magos, where being right about something brings a joy far beyond mere smug satisfaction and instead fills one with a sense of glory less of achievement and more of feeling rewarded for faith.

I had no foreknowledge that this would come, I simply believed that it must.

And it’s so superb that I am awestruck!

Looks like the Missile on top is a defensive system as it shares the space with what I believe would be a Data Tether?

Exhausts seem to be pose-able.

Load outs I can see so far seem to be Heavy stubbers(4x or 6x?) for transport.

2x Heavy Phosphor?, 4x Heavy Stubbers for Gunship

2x Heavy Phosphor?, Bombs for Bomber.

Edited by Black_Knight

The design has grown on me but I'm kinda sick of the Stubber love on our tanks.

We're meant to be the kooky techno weapon faction! Now Brownings R Us

Definitely agree, especially if the heaviest weapons on it are H Phosphor, S6 is not that powerful

Where did you see that? I have only seen stubbers and the bombs so far. It would be nice to have some heavy firepower.

I hope we will see some sprue pics soon.

Edited by Black_Knight

So stubbers, cognis maybe, phosphor blasters, small missile pod thing (like a dreadnought, turret stubber/phosphor thing or small bombs. Would there be a Stygies -1 + flyer -1 to hit? I hope the legs help it in combat. I suspect a low or no transport capacity. Fingers crossed on points and strategems.

The video specifically says we get a transport.
From what i hear there's 3 variants: Gunship, Bomber and Transport.
Going by the instructions cover image shown in the News thread the Gunship is the Archaeopter Stratoraptor with Phosphors at the front, Stubbers on the side doors and who knows at the tail and the data-tether aerials on top.
Bomber is the Archaeopter Fusilade with bombs under the tail and the little missile pod on top in place of the aerials, image doesn't show the nose guns or side doors.
Transport is i assume the Archaeopter Transvector with Stubbers at the nose, missile pod on top and no side guns on the doors.
The detail pics also show a dual-stubber under the tail instead of the bombs but whether that's on the Stratoraptor, Transvector or both?

I expect it'd be low transport capacity though (though I imagine Sicarians and Ruststalkers can fold up into pretty small spaces). We have our hovercraft for carrying larger units.

The design has grown on me but I'm kinda sick of the Stubber love on our tanks.

We're meant to be the kooky techno weapon faction! Now Brownings R Us

That was what I posted in the news and rumour section. I jokingly said I'd get the version with the fewest heavy stubbers. I still think we need more variety. Perhaps they could make the guns phosphor or radium weapons? Having no idea what the rules are I like the idea of a gunship version most. Hopefully there will be some really wild options available that haven't been shown yet. Either way I think this thing is gorgeous in a completely mad way. My Mechanicus army is going to need more figure cases at this rate.

I'm sure we could pester Forgeworld for wackier gun options if worst comes to worst.

Weren't several unseen weapon designs shown in a sketchbook not so long ago? We may yet have some new Elites or such coming with them.

Plus there's the other AdMech batwing from the rumour engine. Despite the key similarities neith the main wings or the little ones on the legs of this are the ones from that rumour engine! So we still have another flying unit coming.

Doesn't seem like it's going to be much of a hitter since the chin set up is always a pair of stubbers (just painted black in some pics).

Looks like the variation is what it craps out the back (no apologies for the pun), and if you want a pair of door stubbers.

Not sure if it has any place besides transport if it tops out with something like a pair of cog Las cannons. But then as a transport I don't see a huge value of dropping some 10 small people in the enemy back line.

With guard you can at least dump 16+ plasma shots hitting on 2's re-rolling 1's to hit and wound and ignoring cover as a suicide drop to eliminate a high value target. Here I don't see your opponent let it live long enough to deliver 10 priests to their back line unless they get a disembark after move strat.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong and it has some real punch as either a bomber or magically gun ship.

Update: From pics on Facebook it looks like the gunship (which i'm pretty sure has Phosphor nose guns not stubbers) has twin-las weapons of some sort under the tail.

So:
Archaeopter Stratoraptor with Phosphors at the front, Stubbers on the side doors and lasers at the tail and the data-tether aerials on top.
Archaeopter Fusilade with bombs under the tail and the little missile pod on top in place of the aerials, stubber nose guns? Side doors?
Archaeopter Transvector with Stubbers at the nose, missile pod on top, Stubbers on tail and no side guns on the doors.

Edited by Battybattybats

Love the design - a classic fluff unit put into a new model, without the pointless clutter of many primaris units, or the illogical design of electro priests.

The only thing I consider a bit open to optimization would be the wings - the rounded folds remind me quite a bit of Dark Eldar. A hex structure or something similar might be better, but converting that shouldn't be that easy. But all in all I'd be fine with it as it is. And depending on size, I might use the pair of Vultarax I have on sprue to convert them to additional archaeopters.

To me, the hovertank was great, but this one is still better.