Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 4 - Ritual of the Damned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Dark Angels, Grey Knights and Thousand Sons.

Interesting (and refreshing) to see the Thousand Sons conflict move away from Space Wolf McWolf Wolf Timed Wolfings.

If Azrael does get Primaris'ed it will be bittersweet, just because he's one of those models that has aged incredibly well.

Also, the titles of the next few books:

5c34016c.png

Edited by Lord Marshal, 30 November 2019 - 12:49 PM.

• Vanger, Lexington, templargdt and 3 others like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch
So we know PA4 is Dark Angels and Grey Knights vs Thousands Sons. Maybe Azrael helps to banish Magnus or stops a ritual etc, but needs to cross the rubicon to survive, something along those lines.

PA5 Tau vs ??? and PA6 sounds like the rumoured Space Wolves vs Orks book.

Interesting times

Edited by NKirkham24, 30 November 2019 - 12:59 PM.

Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights, Sisters.
For the Emperor!

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

What I want to know if they keep the pace of the releases... which would mean, we get SW by Februrary!

• Dark Shepherd likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,813 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Hope the Thousand Sons actually get some models out of this, because I think they badly need it.

• Prot, Athrawes, Guzzlrr and 7 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Frater Antodeniel

Frater Antodeniel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,076 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Blood

I must add that the Psychic Awakening Book 6 couldn't be clearer as it is named "Saga of the Beast", with Saga for Space Wolves, and, Beast for the Orks. Confirming what was already hinted.

• Guzzlrr likes this

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon. That is the difference between I and you."

++ Rorschak, First Blade of the Knights of Blood during his Forum Judicium Trial in 849.M40 following the chapter excommunication by the High Lords of Terra ++

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 966 posts

What I want to know if they keep the pace of the releases... which would mean, we get SW by Februrary!

They said January through march which stinks (was hoping to take wolves to adepticon this year)

Edit:Phone put talk instead of take lol.

Edited by Black_Star, 30 November 2019 - 01:18 PM.

• Wispy likes this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,248 posts
I wonder who the Tau’s opponents are.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts

They said January through march which stinks (was hoping to talk wolves to adepticon this year)

Better be march 1st

Also as an Irish Space Wolves player I want anti green violence kept well away from St Patricks day
  • Guzzlrr, Wispy and Harleqvin like this

Astral_Jackal

Astral_Jackal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion

Lion goes and hunts Magnus???

Show your mercy and he shall one day seek vengeance upon you for petty, imagined slight. Mercy is therefore a weakness; a crime wanting to be born.

Mercy I have long since expunged, from both myself and my legion.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,528 posts

I just hope there's some Deathwatch action there.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts

Ad mech or Imperial Guard most likely

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 231 posts
Dark Angels vs. Thousands Sons is a curious match-up; both being SW rivals.

We will se primaris DA no doubt; Azrael being the prime candidate for crossing the rubicon given his 6 edition old miniature.

I more interested in what it holds in store for GK; primaris models maybe?

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

My guess is Mechanicum/Guard just because they need somewhere to stick that new flyer.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 30 November 2019 - 01:14 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Finally ! First we got good buffs in CA and now this smile.png

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 966 posts

They said January through march which stinks (was hoping to talk wolves to adepticon this year)
Better be march 1st

Also as an Irish Space Wolves player I want anti green violence kept well away from St Patricks day

March 1st would be nice at least they gave us a heads up so I'm not too disappointed.

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,114 posts

Oh my gosh I am so happy

• Sonoftherubric21 and Chaplain Elijah like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Hope the Thousand Sons actually get some models out of this, because I think they badly need it.

How so?  They've got the full range updated recently with new models - Ahriman, Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Terminators, Exalted Sorcerers and Magnus the Red. 

NL and AL got nothing.  Especially AL because NL have at least the old NL Champion still.

• Black Blow Fly, Walter Payton, Llagos_Tyrant and 4 others like this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,345 posts

So wait, PA4 ISN'T Space wolves? 

Would that mark the first time the french rumors from months ago weren't correct? Then again I guess it could just be that since they sped up the whole thing, they've shuffled the release schedule of them

• Dark Shepherd and SufficientAnonymity like this

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

So wait, PA4 ISN'T Space wolves? 

Would that mark the first time the french rumors from months ago weren't correct? Then again I guess it could just be that since they sped up the whole thing, they've shuffled the release schedule of them

In fact IIRC the rumor was about Space Wolves vs Orks being "inevitably after". So yeah it won't be PA4 and frankly i couldn't care less given Dark Angels are going to steal the show smile.png

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,813 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

How so?  They've got the full range updated recently with new models - Ahriman, Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Terminators, Exalted Sorcerers and Magnus the Red. 

NL and AL got nothing.  Especially AL because NL have at least the old NL Champion still.

Hey man, I play Word Bearers, I get it. But comparing a cult legion that has its own codex with a sub-faction from codex: CSM is a little disingenuous. The actual TS book is pretty light when you compare it to the Death Guard, which is their closest equivalent. A couple of support characters or a new unit (I'd like to see psychic automata, personally) would go a long way to closing that gap.

• Pork Chop Express, Spagunk, MaulerUK and 8 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Probably because the TSons model range is really tiny for a standalone Codex?

• Black Blow Fly and Karhedron like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

I didn't know they deserve a stand-alone Codex.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Zodd1888

Zodd1888

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 824 posts
Gotta agree with Marshal here.

Lack of options compared to CSM (Disco, Apostle, Oblit, Havoc, etc.) Really hurts the cults.
  • Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,114 posts

If you were creeping on the 40k FB page around Custodes/TS release, you likely saw the #1 model that TS players were talking about: Rubric/Sorcerer plastic dreadnought. It is, without a doubt, the one thing that TS players were universally asking and hoping for and GW saw it. In fact, they were blocking people who kept asking lmao. Maybe, that's something they'd release. 

Otherwise, I am not hoping for any new models.. Just updated rules. This is just my opinion but I kind of like the boring rubric spam, with sorcerers and some random armor for support- Just need some help with casting better and doing more tricks like in the codex/fiction. Perhaps it will come now.

• Skerr likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I didn't know they deserve a stand-alone Codex.

What do you mean deserve? They HAVE a standalone Codex. 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users