Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 4 - Ritual of the Damned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts

I wonder who the Tau’s opponents are.

Mixed Imperium would be my guess, will probably be when we get the admech flyer and updates to the admech, guard and Deathwatch codexes

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

Mixed Imperium would be my guess, will probably be when we get the admech flyer and updates to the admech, guard and Deathwatch codexes

I really hope to see DW updates...
  • Boyadventurer likes this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts

Hope the Thousand Sons actually get some models out of this, because I think they badly need it.

How so?  They've got the full range updated recently with new models - Ahriman, Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Terminators, Exalted Sorcerers and Magnus the Red. 

NL and AL got nothing.  Especially AL because NL have at least the old NL Champion still.

You're gonna hate my response to this, but I don't say it to express "X doesn't deserve Y", but rather  it is meant to be taken as a discussion on what I think is most likely to occur.

Here goes: Neither NL nor AL are part of Chaos' big 4 (The main Chaos God aligned legions). I wouldn't expect much for these legions beyond what is given to Black Legion or 'generic chaos' in general. Perhaps when GW deigns it, they might get upgrade sprues and singular characters like the loyalist first founding codex chapters (that aren't UM or the big 3). But I don't think expecting anything like Death Guard or Thousand Sons is remotely realistic.

EDIT: Incomprehensible grammar.

Edited by Reinhard, 30 November 2019 - 02:46 PM.

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
I'd love to see a new DW character from a lesser known chapter not represented in the killteam box
  • Doctor Perils likes this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I think it's likely to be Azrael who gets the Primaris treatment, from the DA perspective. Of course I'd love a chapter specific unit, but that seems very unlikely. Mostly I hope the chapter tactic gets a big buff, the BA one just did (plus 1 to advance and charge across the army).

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,889 posts

Deathgaurd.

Will probably be about the battle for the startide Nexus.

Tau have been losing that battle against deathgaurd and have just been throwing millions of bodies at it while trying to find a solution.

(My hopes? Kais model)
  • The Blood Raven and Bloody Legionnaire like this
banana

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts

I think it's likely to be Azrael who gets the Primaris treatment, from the DA perspective. Of course I'd love a chapter specific unit, but that seems very unlikely. Mostly I hope the chapter tactic gets a big buff, the BA one just did (plus 1 to advance and charge across the army).

A chapter specific unit would be in the flavor of BA's DC Intercessors. 

Possible realistic(?) expectation: Deathwing Aggressors? 

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 962 posts

So wait, PA4 ISN'T Space wolves?

Would that mark the first time the french rumors from months ago weren't correct? Then again I guess it could just be that since they sped up the whole thing, they've shuffled the release schedule of them

He stopped talking in September iirc, I think it surprised him how far the rumors spread.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

What do you mean deserve? They HAVE a standalone Codex. 

Oh yeah, they do have it, I forgot.  Well, some Chaos Legions got nothing so until this is corrected the TS should be happy with what they've got.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

A chapter specific unit would be in the flavor of BA's DC Intercessors. 

Possible realistic(?) expectation: Deathwing Aggressors? 

That would be interesting, if they also buff the Deathwing rules.

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

On the other had; this is psychic awakening. Likely for Ezekiel to be turned primaris. His miniature is just as old.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

What do you mean deserve? They HAVE a standalone Codex. 

Oh yeah, they do have it, I forgot.  Well, some Chaos Legions got nothing so until this is corrected the TS should be happy with what they've got.

That's a silly thing to say considering they also don't get to use everything from the main Codex. Do you have some kind of personal problem with Thousand Sons or why are you so against them getting some love?

• DuskRaider, Nemesor Tyriks and WandererTheta like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons
You cant compare a standalone codex vs. Legions in a book. Sure, the other legions could use conversion bit packs and a new character like iron hands, fists, ultra, etc. But that's like it's own unique category.

I think the big call for more models in the thousand sons codex, and much more comparable situation is death guard vs sons. The death guard received a substantial amount of new stuff compared to sons, and I think that is what helped stoke the flame.
  • Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts
If they brought rules for the Osiron into 40k, they don't even need a new model to give TS what they want.

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons
Yeah that still boggles me why they haven't done anything with the osiron. So easy to just throwin in there. Unless of course...something too similar was already in the works....

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts
That makes me happy. Some new toys for my dusty bois. I'm not expecting too much given the last releases but there should be a few gems in there.

I feel like if they wanted the Osiron dresdnought to have rules they could have done that already years ago. Maybe they were waiting for something like this to drop it on us?

The question is will we get new models or not? I feel like these will new models they announced will be one primrised SM character as opposed to something new for each faction.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,423 posts

On the other had; this is psychic awakening. Likely for Ezekiel to be turned primaris. His miniature is just as old.

Why not both?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts

Tempering expectations by hard reality? Even UM didn't get 2 characters at once

• mel_danes, Doctor Perils and FelipeFlops like this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

I just hope there's some Deathwatch action there.

I would bet money on DW being included in this. I have a feeling we'll see AdMech vs necrons in another book

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Please plastic Azrael? I have him and he's metal. I can literally injure someone by throwing Azrael at them. Plus he's annoying to transport at the moment, for me anyways. Would love to see that model primarisized!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,423 posts

They still got two characters. Both of which were updates of FAR NEWER Resin models.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,758 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I can literally injure someone by throwing Azrael at them.

You say that like it's a bad feature?
  • Burni, Vanger, Interrogator Stobz and 3 others like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts

They still got two characters. Both of which were updates of FAR NEWER Resin models.

Yes, but not at once. Never expect to one up UM, even a little, and you'll be disappointed a lot less ;)

• Black Blow Fly likes this

evilhomer

evilhomer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts

I'd like to see Azrael replaced by a new Primaris character; it'll be much better than having every major marine chapter master/main character get the Primaris treatment. I was also hoping that Dark Angels would be part of a Primaris wave 3, with additional Gravis/Aggressor variants. I don't think that'll be the case and it'll be similar to the other limited releases associated with the other psychic awakening books.

Edited by evilhomer, 30 November 2019 - 03:40 PM.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

So wait, PA4 ISN'T Space wolves? 

Would that mark the first time the french rumors from months ago weren't correct? Then again I guess it could just be that since they sped up the whole thing, they've shuffled the release schedule of them

Did he ever say it was specifically PA4 for that matchup or just "early next year"?

In any case, even if he was wrong about the order, it seems he was right about the matchup itself. "Saga of the Beast" doesn't leave much room for doubt.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)