Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 4 - Ritual of the Damned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

I'd love to see a new DW character from a lesser known chapter not represented in the killteam box

Me too! Like they did Artemis from the Mortifactors. Give us a scythes Captain with a big manreaper, something like that. Pretty please GW!!!
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights.
For the Emperor!

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 598 posts

To add to the discussion.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, this is what they wrote on the WarCon page: "Each book will be accompanied by an epic champion to lead the charge in this terrible age. These legendary heroes will include reborn, reimagined and brand-new characters." So only characters, which are heroes, so surely no Ghazkull for orks.

Also in the video the oice says "Prospero, our home of old has been reclaimed. Once we are unleashed nothing will stop us." So this would mean, that the TS reclaimed Prospero? Or how am I supposed to interpret the "once we are unleashed" part? And who is the voice? I'd say it's Magnus.

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,841 posts

I wouldn't get my hopes up, this is what they wrote on the WarCon page: "Each book will be accompanied by an epic champion to lead the charge in this terrible age. These legendary heroes will include reborn, reimagined and brand-new characters." So only characters, which are heroes, so surely no Ghazkull for orks.

Also in the video the oice says "Prospero, our home of old has been reclaimed. Once we are unleashed nothing will stop us." So this would mean, that the TS reclaimed Prospero? Or how am I supposed to interpret the "once we are unleashed" part? And who is the voice? I'd say it's Magnus.

Nah. They've had a video with Magnus narrating previously. That's not the same voice actor.

Could be a Sorcerer (maybe Ahriman?)

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,862 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

It's not the voice actor they used for Ahriman, either, although there's no guarantee that GW care that much about consistency across videos with 3 years time passing between them. Probably just a generic baddy though.

Also in the video the oice says "Prospero, our home of old has been reclaimed. Once we are unleashed nothing will stop us." So this would mean, that the TS reclaimed Prospero?

They previously teleported Sortiarius right next to Prospero

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Using 'Beast' is a little on the nose though right. Also models like Magnus and Guilliman still have the character keyword, do they not?

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
I think the Dark Angels have a score to settle with the Thousand Sons/Tzeentch after the Changeling almost caused the DA and SW to go to full blown war (in the Fall of Cadia books right before 8th was released). Grey Knights in the same book as Thousand Sons may be a good thing as both are psychic armies and it would be a good chance to give them new psychic rules.
  • Raven1, Bryan Blaire and Angel of Solitude like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,687 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

I think it's likely to be Azrael who gets the Primaris treatment, from the DA perspective. Of course I'd love a chapter specific unit, but that seems very unlikely. Mostly I hope the chapter tactic gets a big buff, the BA one just did (plus 1 to advance and charge across the army).

On the other had; this is psychic awakening. Likely for Ezekiel to be turned primaris. His miniature is just as old.

Ezekiel's sculpt is still awesome though (from pictures at least) and they've already updated two 1stFounding Chief Librarians.
If anything, had they not updated Asmodai a couple of years ago, I'd have said _him_ since there haven't been any Primaris Chaplains special characters yet to my knowledge.

EDIT I hope it's not Sammael, that Jetbike is awesome XD

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,400 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I think it's likely to be Azrael who gets the Primaris treatment, from the DA perspective. Of course I'd love a chapter specific unit, but that seems very unlikely. Mostly I hope the chapter tactic gets a big buff, the BA one just did (plus 1 to advance and charge across the army).

On the other had; this is psychic awakening. Likely for Ezekiel to be turned primaris. His miniature is just as old.
Ezekiel's sculpt is still awesome though (from pictures at least) and they've already updated two 1stFounding Chief Librarians.
If anything, had they not updated Asmodai a couple of years ago, I'd have said _him_ since there haven't been any Primaris Chaplains special characters yet to my knowledge.
I wouldnt be surprised to see azrael

Edited by Blindhamster, 30 November 2019 - 05:02 PM.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 988 posts

What will be interesting here is that Chaos will be playing defense for once.

The dynamics around the Eye of Terror have almost always meant that Chaos can't be attacked, and only ever assaults Imperial worlds. This leads to the dynamic that we're all familiar with:

1. Chaos attacks, wins initial battles.

2. Imperial reinforcements show up, defeat chaos.

3. Chaos reveals that, while they lost the battle, they accomplished some esoteric side goal that makes it *technically* not a full loss. 

The Imperium riding up on Sortiarius is a relatively unexplored dynamic. I wonder if we'll see a reversal of the traditional flow. 

• Felix Antipodes, WandererTheta, Dark Shepherd and 2 others like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 853 posts

What do you mean deserve? They HAVE a standalone Codex. 

Oh yeah, they do have it, I forgot.  Well, some Chaos Legions got nothing so until this is corrected the TS should be happy with what they've got.

That's a silly thing to say considering they also don't get to use everything from the main Codex. Do you have some kind of personal problem with Thousand Sons or why are you so against them getting some love?

I am not against TS but I do dislike when some Legions withing the factions get better treatment than the others.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,444 posts

It won't be Azrael with 95% certainty due to his relic combi-plasma thing (unless he loses it for plasma pistol or something). So far, characters that didn't become primaris had non-standard weapons/primarch relics (see Kantor, Lysander and Vulkan). Azrael has both, seeing he supposedly wears primarch's helmet. So, yeah, I'd bet on something like gravis Belial or Ezekiel...

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,841 posts

It won't be Azrael with 95% certainty due to his relic combi-plasma thing (unless he loses it for plasma pistol or something). So far, characters that didn't become primaris had non-standard weapons/primarch relics (see Kantor, Lysander and Vulkan). Azrael has both, seeing he supposedly wears primarch's helmet. So, yeah, I'd bet on something like gravis Belial or Ezekiel...

Are you forgetting Calgar and Shrike?

You know. Both of whom were, and still are, using Primarch Relics?

Also: The new Primarchs book for the Lion shows that Azrael's helmet is definitely NOT the Lion Helm.

Edited by Gederas, 30 November 2019 - 05:27 PM.

• Aztek, SufficientAnonymity and Knight Artorias like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,862 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Also: The new Primarchs book for the Lion shows that Azrael's helmet is definitely NOT the Lion Helm.

To be fair on that front, artistic license is what it is, & he would have had more than one helmet. It's entirely plausible that if/when Azrael were to be updated (if he kept the helm and they weren't saving it for a potential Lion model) that they might update the design to be more fitting with a 30k style aesthetic, which for all intents and purposes wasn't a thing when the original model was sculpted.

• Aztek likes this

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,123 posts

Oh yeah, they do have it, I forgot.  Well, some Chaos Legions got nothing so until this is corrected the TS should be happy with what they've got.

That's a silly thing to say considering they also don't get to use everything from the main Codex. Do you have some kind of personal problem with Thousand Sons or why are you so against them getting some love?
I am not against TS but I do dislike when some Legions withing the factions get better treatment than the others.
You mean losing access to most of the units they had in previous editions? TS lost more than they gained from getting their own codex.
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer, Panzer and WandererTheta like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,425 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I wonder who the Tau’s opponents are.

I'm actually thinking Death Guard ala the codex art.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Skerr

Skerr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts
Wow, i cant wait to see what rules 1k sons get. I dont expect any minis, the psych dread would be cool though I think it a long shot.

I think a new spell, maybe even discipline is a given considering the title and threat they allude to if successful (will change the universe forever!) what ever it is. Magnus all ready pulled his planet into real space so whatever ritual is planned has got to be epic!

Though we know Ahriman had gotta be thirsting over Yvraine's ability to reverse the Rubric.

Edited by Skerr, 30 November 2019 - 08:15 PM.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,425 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Oh yeah, they do have it, I forgot. Well, some Chaos Legions got nothing so until this is corrected the TS should be happy with what they've got.
Uh... All of the unaligned Legions received new rules in the recent PA. World Eaters and Emperor's Children will eventually get their own codex. What could you possibly be talking about?

Besides, Thousand Sons are EXTREMELY limited. They need something.

Edited by DuskRaider, 30 November 2019 - 09:00 PM.

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
It's sad cause depending on how you put the exalted sorcerers together you could have gotten a whole set of different characters. All the flame parts could have made a pyromancer, the twin swords could have made a biomancer, the hooded kinda demon head could have been a special char since he was the one trying to tell off ahriman during the magnus book video.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

Are Verlo

Are Verlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
Reading the sisters of battle previews on Warhammer community they, it would be great if the sons get the same style of «doctrine» called grand rituals to represent grand rituals, runes and sigils conducted in advance.

But based off Faith and fury, I guess it will be stratagems, relics and WL traits.
  • Archaeinox likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,687 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Or a special game-long ritual as a special new objective could be a nice idea, where you actually have to use your psykers pouring in harnessed psychic power levels over several turns, for a big payoff in power in the last few turns; could be pretty cool, though sub-par in the current meta from what I understand

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

dreadmad

dreadmad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts
  • Faction: MIxed Chaos, Marines

Reading the sisters of battle previews on Warhammer community they, it would be great if the sons get the same style of «doctrine» called grand rituals to represent grand rituals, runes and sigils conducted in advance.

But based off Faith and fury, I guess it will be stratagems, relics and WL traits.

I don't expect any Chaos to get a "Doctrine" like effect until they get a new codex, since we've already seen some CSM updates without updating their Legion Trait (the ability or the units it effects) or adding a doctrine. I'd be very happy if I was proved wrong though!

PROFITS FOR THE SHARE HOLDERS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Necron  W1 / D0 / L1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,095 posts

Hope the Thousand Sons actually get some models out of this, because I think they badly need it.

How so?  They've got the full range updated recently with new models - Ahriman, Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Terminators, Exalted Sorcerers and Magnus the Red. 

NL and AL got nothing.  Especially AL because NL have at least the old NL Champion still.

Probably because the TSons model range is really tiny for a standalone Codex?

I didn't know they deserve a stand-alone Codex.

How DARE you. censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif

If anyone does: its the T-sons msn-wink.gif

• PaladinStormlord and WandererTheta like this

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I think the Dark Angels have a score to settle with the Thousand Sons/Tzeentch after the Changeling almost caused the DA and SW to go to full blown war (in the Fall of Cadia books right before 8th was released). Grey Knights in the same book as Thousand Sons may be a good thing as both are psychic armies and it would be a good chance to give them new psychic rules.

Clearly and IIRC the Grey Knights did intervene in that conflict. PA4 seems to be the continuation of that narrative.

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

OgreOnAStick

OgreOnAStick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, Deathwatch

Although the long wait with Wolves is a disappointment, at least there will be book dedicated to traitor infighting. This would be a good opportunity to give Luther and the Fallen proper rules and models.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,400 posts
So, PA4 will probably get a box I bet. Why announce it on christmas day otherwise?

Perhaps that will be the pattern? First of each batch of 3 gets a box? Could be cool if that was the case. If it does, I would actually bet on new kit being grey knight related rather than DA related.

Or maybe DA will be the first chapter to get a legitimate new unit for primaris? Would be a but gutting as a blood Angel's player (DC intercessors are probably the only let down of the new book for me) and I dont think itll be the case as they said they wanted to avoid chapter specific kits atm. But you never know!

I guess we will see in less than a month!

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users