Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 4 - Ritual of the Damned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 860 posts

One of these best things 8th has done is bring back this style of art. Does it look like the miniature? Nope. Is it awesome and gives you a frame of reference for what the chunky swords and squatting poses should actually look like? Yes.

I definitely prefer art that shows what the miniatures are trying to represent, rather than art that tries too hard to match miniatures that are restricted by the physical constraints of their own medium...
  • Petitioner's City likes this

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts
Very much like the style, nice to see the serf/servitor in there to remind us marines don’t fight alone but have hordes of underlings to help carry their ammo/relics/after eights
  • Vanger likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

I assumed the little cloaked thing was a Watcher in the Dark?

Hantheman

Hantheman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts

I always feel power swords are too thin in the artwork

That's a realistic width for a sword in the hands of an 8-9 foot super soldier. Models have to have extra thick unrealistic swords for material reasons.
Yeah... but they’re super soldiers swords so they should be chonkers.

Cool artwork though. Nicely dark angel.

Gigantic swords don't give you any real advantage, really. Not even as super soldier. If you want to hit with something big you'd go for axes or maces or such. If you want more range you'd go for polearms. ;)

I may be alone here but I don’t expect realism from my magic powered, genetically enhanced sci fi world 😉
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts

I assumed the little cloaked thing was a Watcher in the Dark?

No, it’s clearly a normal sized human and the face is visible, watchers are diminutive serfs that never show their faces and are absolutely NOT Xenos cabal members

cretacianborn

cretacianborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 200 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers

So glad GW are moving away from the more digital based art they were doing a couple years back and returning to the sketchy and more grim-dark style. The art from all the PA books so far has been awesome to be fair.

gallery_45765_12339_531.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Instagram - cretacianborn

Twitter - cretacianborn

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

That's a realistic width for a sword in the hands of an 8-9 foot super soldier. Models have to have extra thick unrealistic swords for material reasons.
Yeah... but they’re super soldiers swords so they should be chonkers.

Cool artwork though. Nicely dark angel.

Gigantic swords don't give you any real advantage, really. Not even as super soldier. If you want to hit with something big you'd go for axes or maces or such. If you want more range you'd go for polearms. msn-wink.gif

I may be alone here but I don’t expect realism from my magic powered, genetically enhanced sci fi world

Most of us aren't. Doesn't change the fact that your reasoning makes no sense. ;) 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,324 posts

80785356_147768603309025_132401145328606

Art of Lazarus from instagram

One of these best things 8th has done is bring back this style of art. Does it look like the miniature? Nope. Is it awesome and gives you a frame of reference for what the chunky swords and squatting poses should actually look like? Yes.

It's very nice art.  Art like this also puts to the lie the claims that Primaris are truescale and realistically/non-heroically proportioned :lol:

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

the claims that Primaris are truescale and realistically/non-heroically proportioned laugh.png

Whoever claims that must have been sitting in a dark room without internet access for the past 10 or so years, otherwise I'm not sure how they could forget what a human being looks like. :D

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,260 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

DA article up, confirms the leaks.

Edited by G8Keeper, 15 January 2020 - 03:38 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, wildweasel and Angel of Solitude like this
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

I guess that confirms the leaks then. 

• G8Keeper and Aztek like this

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts
Seems no Deathwing Aggressors after all (I’d expect a unit like that would absolutely be previewed). Very surprised, given the lore build up from the WD Index article. However, it does also mean all that good stuff that was leaked is true and those are some great benefits.

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,260 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

Seems no Deathwing Aggressors after all (I’d expect a unit like that would absolutely be previewed). Very surprised, given the lore build up from the WD Index article. However, it does also mean all that good stuff that was leaked is true and those are some great benefits.

It also means a lot of focus in the DA update is on non-primaris units. Interesting.

• UtariOnzo likes this
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,781 posts
It would have been fun for them to link to the heresy praetors, such lovely models! Great article overall - whc do put in such good work.

Edited by Petitioner's City, 15 January 2020 - 04:27 PM.

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Reposting the confirmed leaks :

Doctrine kicker: While in Devastator Doctrine, Heavy and Rapid Fire weapons get +6" range, Assault and Pistol weapons get +3" range

DW Warlord Traits:

1. DW units within 6" reroll melee wounds versus CHARACTERS or models with 8+ Wounds

2. Wound rolls of 1 -3 automatically fail.

3. Once per battle may Deny the Witch, unlimited range, auto pass

RW Warlord Traits:

1. RW units within 6" move and fire heavy at no penalty and Advance and fire Assault at no penalty

2. Once per battle at start of round, select an inactive Doctrine, RW units within 6" may use that instead of the active

3. Start of first round, Warlord and one other RW unit may move up to 12", no Advance, must stay outside of 9"

Stratagems:

A bunch of the vanilla SM Codex Stratagems (incluing Vet Intercessors and their shooty ones)

Combined Assault (2 CP): Teleporting unit of DW may set up within 6" of a friendly RW unit that hasn't Advanced and outside of 6" from enemy

High Speed Focus (1 CP):  RW unit targeted by shooting counts as having Jinked that turn.

Full Throttle (1 CP): RW unit that just moved immediately moves again, may not shoot or charge that turn

Targeting Guidance (1 CP): Pick an enemy unit within 12" of a RW Land Speder and visible, DA units may reroll shooting hits against it this phase.

Outnumbered Never Outmatched (1 CP): DW unit chosen to fight gets +1 A when fighting enemy unit of 10 or more models

Evasive Assault (1 CP): RW unit that charged or has been charged is chosen as a target, it gets 5++

Relics

Reliquiary of the Repenant: RW Bike only, Enemy models within 3" reduce invul by 1 to minimum 6++

Corvus Occuls: Talonmaster, +6" to range weapons and +1 to hit with range weapons

Standard of the Unforgiven Hunt: RW Ancient, +1 Advance/cherge for RW within 6"
Blade of Burden: DW Master w/ power sword, S+2 AP-4, D2, natural wound of 6 is 2 MW

Pennant of the Remeberance: DW Ancient, 5+ Fnp for DW INFANTRY within 6"

???? - DW only, +1 S and A

Special Issue Wargear
Adamantite Mantle, Artificer Armor, Mastercrafted Weapon, Digital Weapons

Arbititer Gaze: Ignores shooting and BS penalties, Overwatches on full BS

Angel's Ambit: +3" to aura abilities

Bolt of Judgement: pick a bolt weapon, it may fire a bolt of judgment, makes one attack at AP -2 and 3 D, wounds on 2+ excpet Vehicles/Monsters 6+

Lazarus

Standard Primaris Master Line (W6 A5)

Emity's Edge S+2 AP -4 Dd3, reroll wound and damage vs Psyker

Spiritshield Helm: 6" 5+ FnP versus MW aura (or something similar)

Intractable Will: Built in Only In Death Does Duty End"

• clumsy_explorer likes this

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,745 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
DA are definitely jumping up in power. Easily on par with the main codex now.
  • Aztek likes this

-~Ishagu~-

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,411 posts

Honestly, that article has made me more than a little mad, and I'm just hoping it's because the WHC guy who wrote this doesn't know anything about Dark Angels...

Ahem, I'm going to be getting ranty, it's slightly off topic and I apologise in advance. This may seem pedantic, but in my heart I know I am truly a pedant...

Firstly, we don't have 'Captains' - we have 'Masters'. That's not just a terminology / language thing that I'm annoyed about, it's actually a gameplay one too. We don't have the 'Captain' keyword on our data sheets, it's 'Master', and any rules that would affect 'Captains' are written to affect 'Masters'.

Whilst I'm here on Captains, "Deathwing Captain"? Do you mean Master in Terminator Armour? Because technically, even if it's not actually reflected in the rules, all Non-Primaris Masters are part of the Deathwing - but now have the option of taking Terminator Armour into battle. Even more pedantically, "Deathwing Captain" implies the Master (using correct terminology) of the Deathwing Company - who is Belial, a named character who is unable to take additional equipment. So unless this is a real subtle hint that they've killed off Belial - this is really wrong.

Now onto "This marked a unique moment in the Dark Angels’ history, as Lazarus became the first-ever Primaris member of the Inner Circle." which really got my goat, because he isn't. From a fluff perspective, all Dark Angel Librarians are immediately promoted into the Inner Circle, because of their importance to the Hunt and interrogation/repentance of the Fallen. This happened with the Primaris release too, and at least none of the other Primaris characters went straight into the Inner Circle too. This isn't just lore, it's in the rules too. Take a look at the Primaris Librarian data sheet, and he has the Inner Circle special rule. So Lazarus is far from the first Primaris member of the Inner Circle. 

I'm hoping this is all because the WHC article writer isn't a Dark Angels player, but I'm fearful this may be from the book writer...

• jaxom, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, templargdt and 3 others like this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 519 posts

Bring out the Primaris bikes and land speeder, and I would be all over a DA army.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,937 posts

Honestly, that article has made me more than a little mad, and I'm just hoping it's because the WHC guy who wrote this doesn't know anything about Dark Angels...

Ahem, I'm going to be getting ranty, it's slightly off topic and I apologise in advance. This may seem pedantic, but in my heart I know I am truly a pedant...

No worries, you're not the only one. I've been under the impression that GW haven't really had a go-to Dark Angels person for a while.

• m_r_parker likes this

gallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.pngsml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

No worries, you're not the only one. I've been under the impression that GW haven't really had a go-to Dark Angels person for a while.

Probably the same guy that talks about Black Templar captains... It's no big deal, many (sub) factions do not have dedicated writers obviously.

• Juggernut likes this
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,266 posts

80785356_147768603309025_132401145328606

Art of Lazarus from instagram

Something tells me you've not had a lot to do with real-world longswords.

Edited by Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, 15 January 2020 - 05:26 PM.

• Volt likes this

we_badge_ezra.png

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

Do we have leaks for the Thousand Sons stuff the way we do for Dark Angels?

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,168 posts

Do we have leaks for the Thousand Sons stuff the way we do for Dark Angels?

I've been creeping HARD day and night and nope.. Nothing. High and low. near and far.

Edited by Archaeinox, 15 January 2020 - 05:43 PM.

• Sonoftherubric21 and Skerr like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,285 posts
Did all 3 factions get close delivery buff/strategems for terminators?

Angel of Solitude

Angel of Solitude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Thousand Sons
@m_r_parker - the way I see it, there are inner circles within inner circles. The biggest “inner circle” would include all Deathwing, Librarians, Interrogator Chaplains, Masters, Successor Chapters. The next circle includes the more “senior” members - i.e. Masters, Ezekiel, Asmodai/Sapphon, Azrael. It is this “Inner Circle” that has previously been absent of Primaris.
  • Noserenda likes this

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15200_20209.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users