Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 4 - Ritual of the Damned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts

Azrael didn't get an update, so his aura still only gives re-roll failed to hit... or am I missing some previous FAQ?

• Harleqvin likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Preview is out for Table Top Tactics on youtube but I don't have time to flip through it. Can anyone tell me what Lazzy's point value is?

https://www.goonhamm...-1-dark-angels/

https://youtu.be/ZwiV8xq7hNk?t=1353

No points for Lazarus in PA4. Wat.

I barely dare to speak it out loud but ... it does seem like Grey Knights are the big winners in this book? TSons got some good stuff too but GK are really going to hurt a lot more now and with Tide of Shadows, Transhuman Physiology, Redoubtable Defense and Sanctuary a squad of Paladins will be pretty difficult to move.

Edited by Panzer, 18 January 2020 - 01:21 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

We've waited almost 3 years to be playable, so I'm happy.

• Black Blow Fly, Llagos_Tyrant, Archaeinox and 2 others like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,971 posts
There's no points for Lazarus?
banana

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

There's no points for Lazarus?

Not yet.

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

ALIENAGENUS_Iron Father Bahadur_FALSUS

• ALENAGENUS
Master gets option for sword or fist w/o a plasma pistol. Small, but I always love more primaris options.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

Anyone working on a full type-up? The Goonhammer one skips a lot. 

VanDutch

VanDutch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts

Azrael didn't get an update, so his aura still only gives re-roll failed to hit... or am I missing some previous FAQ?

Neither did Dante in the Blood Angels update.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Neither did Dante in the Blood Angels update.

It's neither here nor there, but I honestly feel like it was a mistake putting that much power into the Chapter Master with the change to "all hits". On its own, probably not that big of a deal...

Alongside all the other major Marine buffs, though? Probably a bit too much. Would love to see us walk that back (and maybe they eventually will given the lack of commitment to it with Dante and Azzy). 

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts

Lazarus is 105. From WHC.

Spoiler

Edited by NTaW, 18 January 2020 - 10:17 PM.
Added image.

• Triszin likes this

• ALENAGENUS

Lazarus is 105. From WHC.

That seems p... decent for the buffs he hands out over a regular captain. Not bad. 

• Dark Shepherd, Aztek and SufficientAnonymity like this

TempestBlade

TempestBlade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts
My main foes are thousand sons and eldar. He’s an auto include in every list now
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
gallery 48988 10069 380
IMG 1406

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

It's not officially released yet so I think reviewers have to be a bit tight lipped. Goonhammer said they were working on deep dives for each faction though.

Big winners are certainly Grey Knights but I think TS got some real decent bonuses.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,186 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Dark Angels made out rather well.
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

All I know is Lamenters got a fluff blurb...thats all I care about 

Krash

• Dosjetka likes this

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

It's not officially released yet so I think reviewers have to be a bit tight lipped. 

The NDA expires Saturday morning (US time). That's why you don't see reviews before then. But it's a one-step process - once the NDA is lifted, the reviewers can cover whatever they want.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 765 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies

You guys really shouldn't expect any sort of conclusion or whatsoever.
PA2 was just showing that the power of faith is strong now and has opened some narratives. The only kind of conclusions we got there were terrible plot twists that lead either to another plot twist or to a cliffhanger.
PA3 was just re-telling us how Devastation of Baal ended (so nothing new there) and then tells us what the Blood Angels and the successors are doing now (reinforcing Baal and the surroundings, working together with Dante out of respect not because of his new title, engaging remains of the Hivefleet Leviathan on various fronts, including a GSC on one of the planets). This one was actually so far the one with the least amount of background and I assume it's largely due the new Dante and Mephiston books getting released at the same time which have all the juicy stuff in them.

Psychic Awakening is just background noise so we have a vague idea of what was going on in the galaxy during the time skip. The main purpose is to give everyone some crunch without having to release a whole new Codex until presumably the new edition gets released.

Well aware that PA is just background fill in and don't expect any resolutions. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't have some form of internal logic and/or chronology. So far none of them have provided either IMHO.
  • redmapa, Archaeinox and Sarges like this

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Arguably, GW has abandoned the idea that they need to nail down when things happen in relation to each other with any degree of precision, because (per the Vigilus books) the effects of the Cicatrix Maledictum mean that there is no way to know when any one thing happened in relation to another if they happened in different places.

They made a big deal out of Marneus Calgar having been the first to cross the Rubicon Primaris, but the latest codex says "records differ" and that it could be Calgar or Kor'sarro Khan who was first.

If this book says Master Lazarus was the first Primaris in the Inner Circle, you can perhaps reconcile that with Primaris Librarians having to be in the Inner Circle by assuming that the existing chapters of the Unforgiven either did not accept Primaris Librarians (any having been created from the Lion's geneline being assigned to newly created chapters) or kept them isolated for a while from the rest of the chapter under the supervision of existing Librarians (who would have the psychic defences necessary to conceal secrets) so that they didn't have to be initiated into the Inner Circle until they were considered safe.

War of Secrets already depicts regular Primaris being mind-controlled to an extent by the Inner Circle, so it's not hard to believe they'd be willing to quarantine any and all psychic Primaris until they were sure of them.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

snBbMns.jpgEmperor's children not wiping out eldar? and leaving defenseless worlds alone? 

• Vanger, Noserenda, DeadFingers and 2 others like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts

Sweet merciful Slaanesh, another Emperor's Children mention? That's what, the third time in four books plus another in a WarCom story?

That's too many to be a coincidence at this point, come on.

My guts suspect their strange behaviour has something to do with the Haemonculi present on an Emperor's Children ship in that one short story. Some shady dealings going on, who knows what their common objective might be.

Edited by DeadFingers, 19 January 2020 - 10:31 AM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

GW is teasing EC so damn hard, they must have planned something big for them. I can't think of anything else they have ever teased so hard in the fluff. Not even the Hysh Aelves they are going to release in AoS. :D 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts

The recent noise marine can't have been alone. I'd say it was a quick and easy side project based off a larger new EC range and using similar designs. Similar to that limited edition sisters model that was out before the big release.

• MaulerUK and Panzer like this

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 765 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies

Arguably, GW has abandoned the idea that they need to nail down when things happen in relation to each other with any degree of precision, because (per the Vigilus books) the effects of the Cicatrix Maledictum mean that there is no way to know when any one thing happened in relation to another if they happened in different places.

They made a big deal out of Marneus Calgar having been the first to cross the Rubicon Primaris, but the latest codex says "records differ" and that it could be Calgar or Kor'sarro Khan who was first.

If this book says Master Lazarus was the first Primaris in the Inner Circle, you can perhaps reconcile that with Primaris Librarians having to be in the Inner Circle by assuming that the existing chapters of the Unforgiven either did not accept Primaris Librarians (any having been created from the Lion's geneline being assigned to newly created chapters) or kept them isolated for a while from the rest of the chapter under the supervision of existing Librarians (who would have the psychic defences necessary to conceal secrets) so that they didn't have to be initiated into the Inner Circle until they were considered safe.

War of Secrets already depicts regular Primaris being mind-controlled to an extent by the Inner Circle, so it's not hard to believe they'd be willing to quarantine any and all psychic Primaris until they were sure of them.

We know that GW have decided to drop exact time references- they were practically crowing about it at the time and, as previously stated, I was even onboard with it initially. My problem is with the lazy storytelling that has resulted from that decision. Minutiae like who crossed the rubicon first is neither here nor there, but I should be able to read a PA book and be able to work out where it fits in the intervening ~200 years since the Rift opened. Only the Baal storyline comes close to providing that.

But this is starting to go seriously off topic so I'll stop flogging this dead horse. lol

Edited by Felix Antipodes, 19 January 2020 - 12:32 PM.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,031 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Sweet merciful Slaanesh, another Emperor's Children mention? That's what, the third time in four books plus another in a WarCom story?

But wait, there's more! There's a Fabius Bile mention as well:

4DqXb3n.jpg

Hopefully GW follow through on this teasing sooner rather than later, my wallet is ready :P

• Noserenda and DeadFingers like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
oh boy, here i go buying a whole new army again

1 user(s) are reading this topic