Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 4 - Ritual of the Damned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

GW is teasing EC so damn hard, they must have planned something big for them. I can't think of anything else they have ever teased so hard in the fluff. Not even the Hysh Aelves they are going to release in AoS. :D

They've been teased since Warzone: Fenris I believe. Angron has been teased since Storms.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts

But wait, there's more! There's a Fabius Bile mention as well:

"End him once and for all"

Adorable. tongue.png

They've been teased since Warzone: Fenris I believe. Angron has been teased since Storms.

To be fair, there is a difference between a single mention and/or a setup for future developments, like Angron's attempt to be summoned on Armageddon, and a sudden influx of repeated mentions over the same series of books. There's enough of them to make most skeptics raise an eyebrow, and it definitely seems like the Emperor's Children are up to something.

Meanwhile, in contrast, I don't think the World Eaters have been mentioned once in the context of Psychic Awakening, not even in the book their rules are in.

Edited by DeadFingers, 19 January 2020 - 02:11 PM.

• betrayer41, Taliesin and Panzer like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,053 posts
Eidolon and Fabius reference as well as the legion.

Since the 2nd Ed codex I've wanted noise marines looking like the artwork (SFPanzer knows ;) ) and Sonic terms. Is 2020 our year?! 20 or so years has to be sufficient patience?!

The PA books keep referring to them, ignoring vulnerable worlds is totally out of character so what are they doing?...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

well, teasing is the first step of any slaaneshi ritual...

• Sonoftherubric21, Boyadventurer, Are Verlo and 1 other like this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

I'd say the end of this qhole PA phase will coincide with the release of a Primarch. Which one however......

• Triszin and Aztek like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

If I recall correctly in an interview it got said that PA isn't working towards something big, however there is something else hinted and that we probably only start to see what it is from PA4 or PA5 on. So who knows perhaps it really is EC. :D 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,053 posts

There's been so much build up that we're due an ecstatic explosion of plastic. The pressure is mind blowing...

Surely fulgrim's coming? Loyalists have what they need :D
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts

If I recall correctly in an interview it got said that PA isn't working towards something big, however there is something else hinted and that we probably only start to see what it is from PA4 or PA5 on. So who knows perhaps it really is EC. biggrin.png

I think the context of that "PA isn't leading towards something big" quote was about the storylines of the different books leading to one final climax in the style of Malign Portents or Gathering Storm where all narratives merge. That doesn't mean the series cannot hint towards things happening in the near future. Maybe the series won't end with "AND HERE'S FULGRIM" or any other kind of big jaw-dropper, but EC could very plausibly show up later in the year, after PA is done.

I mean, really, when it comes to Emperor's Children there isn't much to set up anyway. They're not in the situation the World Eaters are in, with their Primarch trying to escape Warp-detention. They are out there, partying with Fulgrim across the galaxy, we know this. All they need (and I don't think it's 100% a necessity but GW won't introduce a "new" faction without fanfare, much less a Daemon Primarch) is a scenario, narrative and/or war zone in which to make their grand appearance.

This whole thing with them acting weird, ignoring vulnerable worlds, chasing Eldar but letting them live, having Haemonculi on their ships, etc. seems to be building up to said narrative or scenario. They definitely are a constant across Psychic Awakening, that much is safe to say.

Edited by DeadFingers, 19 January 2020 - 04:44 PM.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,031 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Eidolon and Fabius reference as well as the legion.

As much as I'd love it to be the case, that's not an Eidolon reference; "Lord Commander" = Guilliman, whose territory Fabius is gallivanting around in

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,274 posts
Yellow Marines with bleeding hearts on their shoulder pad? What in Terra's name are the Lamenters doing? :huh:

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Yellow Marines with bleeding hearts on their shoulder pad? What in Terra's name are the Lamenters doing? huh.png

Was wondering that as well.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,188 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus

Yellow Marines with bleeding hearts on their shoulder pad? What in Terra's name are the Lamenters doing? huh.png

Whatever it is, it probably won't end well for the Lamenters.

Edited by The Blood Raven, 19 January 2020 - 06:14 PM.

• templargdt, Lord Marshal and Sonoftherubric21 like this

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts
I sure hope there will be a bit of "get off my lawn" coming from whatever Necron Dynasty is in the Gabeon Reach.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Well they can't even get breakfast without it going horribly wrong, so that's kinda a given. :D 

• The Blood Raven and Noserenda like this

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

We know that GW have decided to drop exact time references- they were practically crowing about it at the time and, as previously stated, I was even onboard with it initially. My problem is with the lazy storytelling that has resulted from that decision. Minutiae like who crossed the rubicon first is neither here nor there, but I should be able to read a PA book and be able to work out where it fits in the intervening ~200 years since the Rift opened. Only the Baal storyline comes close to providing that.

I see what you mean. I guess that GW doesn't see the point in saying, for instance, "Guilliman started from Terra and first went to Fenris, where the Space Wolves and Dark Angels got Primaris, then back to Ultramar for a few decades, then crossed the rift to relieve Baal and give the Blood Angels Primaris . . ."

• Felix Antipodes and Noserenda like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts

Does it ever?

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

Was wondering that as well.

Maybe simply collecting psykers because Black Ships troubles like in Blood of Baal.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
Maybe they just meant bleeding hearts cause they took all the prisoners away that the guards were treating horribly?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Maybe they just meant bleeding hearts cause they took all the prisoners away that the guards were treating horribly?

Nah, the wording is very clear. Nowhere in the galaxy does "bleeding heart on the shoulder" mean feeling bad about something. There's exactly one chapter with yellow power armour and a bleeding heart emblem and that's the Lamenters.

Not to mention that Marines don't feel bad for ill fated humans unless for personal reasons but that's extremely rare.

Wolf Guard Einar

Wolf Guard Einar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,294 posts

Lamenters getting new recruits?

User.exe has been terminated.

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts
Lamenters paying back an old debt to whoever removed the black rage and red thirst from their gene seed?

Bill? Oh yeah he's a great guy he did a bit of work around the house for us back in the day ;)

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 668 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

The recent noise marine can't have been alone. I'd say it was a quick and easy side project based off a larger new EC range and using similar designs. Similar to that limited edition sisters model that was out before the big release.

That's pretty much how GW work: release a single box (figure in starter box or single boxed unit/character) 'cos that was the testing-the-water proof of concept for the sculptor, production run & painting teams, then once they're happy internally with how that's worked out, base a more noticable product on that style.

Space Hulk - new BA Terminators
Dark Veng. - new DA Terminators
Celestine's Bodyguard - Battle Sisters

The Kurnothi from Beastgrave will be the forerunner to a Kurnothi AOS force, etc.

It's not a hard 'n' fast rule but it's certainly the case for most things. As tooling for models is done at least 1-2 years before we see anything it's not for feedback from us so much, more an internal process at GW.

There's been so much build up that we're due an ecstatic explosion of plastic. The pressure is mind blowing...

Surely fulgrim's coming? Loyalists have what they need biggrin.png

Looking at my reply above I daresay that Morathi from AOS' DoK was their tester for doing a very similar thing for Fulgrim...
  • Biscuittzz and Sonoftherubric21 like this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,197 posts

The first thing I said when I laid eyes on Morathi was the same as the inclination you had Mauler! 

"Thats a test run for Fulgrim!" (aside from being a truly stellar model on GWs part, hats off to the designer, give Fulgrim to that person!) 

Edited by Sonoftherubric21, 21 January 2020 - 03:12 PM.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,919 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Something I think keeps getting misstated/misquoted - the pre-order info on Lazarus doesn’t state that he’s the first Primaris in the Inner Circle, it says: “the first-ever member of the Inner Circle to cross the Rubicon Primaris”.

There’s a big difference between “first Primaris in the Inner Circle” and “first Inner Circle member to cross the Rubicon” - the latter definitely leaves open the possibility that any Primaris Librarians delivered during the initial influx of Primaris from Roboute’s visit were inducted into the Inner Circle.

Maybe there will be some other discrepancies, but based on that text, it doesn’t seem like there is one.
  • Black Blow Fly, RolandTHTG, Wolf Guard Einar and 6 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,400 posts

Something I think keeps getting misstated/misquoted - the pre-order info on Lazarus doesn’t state that he’s the first Primaris in the Inner Circle, it says: “the first-ever member of the Inner Circle to cross the Rubicon Primaris”.

There’s a big difference between “first Primaris in the Inner Circle” and “first Inner Circle member to cross the Rubicon” - the latter definitely leaves open the possibility that any Primaris Librarians delivered during the initial influx of Primaris from Roboute’s visit were inducted into the Inner Circle.

Maybe there will be some other discrepancies, but based on that text, it doesn’t seem like there is one.

I hate to be the pedant in the group (actually I love it, but it's beside the point...), but in the WHC article on 15th January it states that Lazarus is "the first-ever Primaris member of the Inner Circle."

This could just be because the guys writing the WHC articles aren't as 'hot' on Dark Angel lore, and there was an editorial slip on the terminology used, but when I first read that article I was both confused and annoyed. If it turns out they meant first to cross the Rubicon, then I'm perfectly happy with that.

gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users