Few things i was thinking about...
Undying Lazarus Command Squad
- Take Lazarus
- Take Vets (whatever loadout you would like)
- Add some characters with the Deathwing keyword (especially Ancient with 5+++ Feel No Pain relic)
1) Your Deathwing characters benefit from the 5+++ (Ancient)
2) If they do take a Wound transfer it to your Vets (2+), they take a Mortal Wound
3) Use Lazarus bubble against Mortal Wound to save your Vets (another 5+++)
So basically your opponent has to hit, to wound, you roll the armor/invulnerable save, you roll deathwing feel no pain, you roll the wound transfer, you roll lazarus feel no pain
Chaplain Dreadnought of Doom
- Take Chaplain Dread with two Fists & Mantra of Strength
- Give him Inner Circle (-1 CP) to get the Deathwing keyword
- Give him the "cannot be wounded on better than 4+" Deathwing warlord trait
- Add Deathwing Ancient (FnP relic not necessary for this) and Asmodai (pick the litanies you like)
You're looking at a model that cannot be shoot at (because character with less than 10 Wounds), otherwise it's T7 (cannot be wounded on better than 4+), 3+/5++, 6+++.
He's wounded ? Doesn't matter because with Duty Eternal (-1CP) you halve the damage and he still have 9 Wounds without degrading stats.
Offensively we're talking about 8 attacks on a 2+ reroll the 1's S16 AP-3 Dmg4 (AP-4 under Assault Doctrine).
Use Outnumbered Never Outmatched (-1CP) if he run into a blob... not very fun but why not.
More likely use Chapter Honor to fight twice (-3CP) if he ran into something big for a potential of 64 unsaved wounds if he does a full (for reference a Warlord Titan is 70 Wounds).
If you're that guy combine those two strategies
Edited by Chaplain Elijah, 18 January 2020 - 06:16 PM.