Ritual of the Damned - Psychic Awakening

Berwald

Well now I have to make SmashChap, wow! He also has the Deathwing keyword I believe, 6" charge thank you very much.

Yes, but combined assault specifically demands teleport strike, so no fun with jump smash interrogator, unfortunately, only with terminator (who is worse, I think)

Well now I have to make SmashChap, wow! He also has the Deathwing keyword I believe, 6" charge thank you very much.

Yes, but combined assault specifically demands teleport strike, so no fun with jump smash interrogator, unfortunately, only with terminator (who is worse, I think)

Bah! Although he can still take a thunder hammer and I would imagine all of the other stuff to make him even smashier? It sucks not having the book haha!

I've been thinking on a combo that might be pretty sneaky. You take an ravenwing apocthecary and give him the grenade launcher, master crafted it. Give him the warlord trait huntsman. Now your potentially doing d3+1 damage to characters (most important ones have a 4+ inuln anyways) or you have the option of actually using stasis shells to put d3 mortals on a character!

I've been thinking on a combo that might be pretty sneaky. You take an ravenwing apocthecary and give him the grenade launcher, master crafted it. Give him the warlord trait huntsman. Now your potentially doing d3+1 damage to characters (most important ones have a 4+ inuln anyways) or you have the option of actually using stasis shells to put d3 mortals on a character!

Hmm i'm liking this, mine is modelled with a grenade launcher thanks to reasons back in 7th.

Bah! Although he can still take a thunder hammer and I would imagine all of the other stuff to make him even smashier? It sucks not having the book haha!

Unfortunately not, terminator interrogator has only crosius in melee options. So, combat interrogator by my opinion shall use jump pack. I create a thread on reddit to figure out, which equipment is best for him. 

I’m not sure the 31 points is worth it for a thunder hammer on a model that has only a 4++

I spent an entire evening, throwing dices and figuring out, is thunder hammer worthwhile. By results, I can say that it is. Stable 4 damage is such a different world, comparing to D3+1 with Mace of Redemption or power fist. If you plan to fight not only infantry, but assault tanks or knights or monsters sometimes, then those 31/36 pts will be one of the best investments in your roster. Or go cheap and use Interrogator with Mace of Redemption for 99 pts. He is good melee character too, still not so good against tough targets.

Edited by Phaeton

Unfortunately not, terminator interrogator has only crosius in melee options. So, combat interrogator by my opinion shall use jump pack. I create a thread on reddit to figure out, which equipment is best for him. 

Blooming battlescribe! Foiled again!

Edit: I guess it must be using index/legends options.

Edited by G8Keeper

Isn't it that you have to have a pure DA army to get the new super doctrine of +6 range!

Lion and the Wolf would require a separate detachment, the only ally I think your allowed to take is an Inquisitor or Assassins detachment

If all your units have angel of death rule, you have doctrines. So if you have inquisitor or assassins, you’ll lose doctrines. Waiting for space wolf getting up data in last PA book to make this combo legal.

A Inquisitor doesn't negate the doctrines because they have a rule.

Also, all models in a battle forged army must have the same chapter keyword to benefit from the doctrines.

Edited by Maxamato

A Inquisitor doesn't negate the doctrines because they have a rule.

Also, all models in a battle forged army must have the same chapter keyword to benefit from the doctrines.

No, the only restriction is that all units other than servitors and nonfaction ones have to have this rule (dotrins).

Only the super doctrins need a pure chapter, in competitive play the mix and match astartes all the time.

I’m not sure the 31 points is worth it for a thunder hammer on a model that has only a 4++

I spent an entire evening, throwing dices and figuring out, is thunder hammer worthwhile. By results, I can say that it is. Stable 4 damage is such a different world, comparing to D3+1 with Mace of Redemption or power fist. If you plan to fight not only infantry, but assault tanks or knights or monsters sometimes, then those 31/36 pts will be one of the best investments in your roster. Or go cheap and use Interrogator with Mace of Redemption for 99 pts. He is good melee character too, still not so good against tough targets.

Interrogators get +1A from a DW ancient too. The perfect storm would be to put lion and the wolf, the ancient, a librarian with righteous repugnance and the smash chap with master crafted TH, with mantra of strength and assault doctrine active for the -1 AP.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that would be 7 attacks on the charge at S 12, AP -4, D5, hitting on 2+, re-rolling hits and wounds. According to the stats engine that’s 31 +/- 4 wounds on a knight, with a 95% probability of killing it. Of course, you’re waiting until turn 3 to do it. Even without the extra AP from assault doctrine it’s a 74% chance at 26 +/- 6 wounds.

Smash chap is going to get some work. Hopefully Lion and the Wolf returns to game legal.

Ok. I played 5 DWKs at 1350 points an hour ago. Paired them with an Ancient (Master of Maneuver, Pennant of Rememberance), and Ezekiel (with Righteous Repugnance).

... I got charged in by 6 Necron Wraiths. Lost no wounds. Pushed them back. Killed all but one, and got disengaged. Charged in, and wrapped some Tomb Blades, some Immortals, and the Overlord. Killed them all in close combat.

And I didn't lose but a single model, all game.

Combining Transhuman Physiology, Fortress of Shields, and the Pennant of Remembrance, is just amazing!

I am seriously impressed with how my opponent just broke himself against mere 5 knights, when properly supported. These guys have become incredibly survivable.

Edited by Berzul

I am seriously impressed with how my opponent just broke himself against mere 5 knights, when properly supported. These guys have become incredibly survivable.

Hmm maybe we all slightly underestimate Deathwing with new upgrades... Thank you for report, brother Berzul! Edited by Phaeton

Interesting, how did you manoeuvre them into position, or was it a case of hunkering down and taking the charge on your lines?

I deployed front and center, behind a central ruin. With bikes on back, and tacticals on objectives. He had three different ways of engaging me (Destroyers, Tomb Blades, and Wraiths). When I saw him doing a sprint down my right side with the Wraiths and Tomb Blades, I advanced to intercept. This, while my army focused on the Destroyers.

Our forces met on the side of the central ruin, down a long narrow street. Just enough to place 3 models almost side by side.

He charged in with the wraiths, and then I intervened with Ezekiel and the Ancient. He slashed me good, but I doubled on Transhuman Physiology and Fortress of Shields, and saved everything. Then I piled in and hit back, taking almost all the Wraiths down. That got me out of combat.

I charged, then, grabbing his centeal blob of immortals, his tomb blades, and his necron overlord.

One round of hits later, all his wraiths were gone, all but one tomb blade was gone, and his overlord was gone, and I finally lost ONE knight.

My objective for the match was to put the resilience of the unit to thw test, so I moved to force a charge, and then attacked back. And I have to say, I am greatly satisfied with how they did.

Specially since I didnt even get Righteous Repugnancw on the squad.

Hey guys.

Dont know if someone asked this before, but is the Combined Assault stratagem restricted to Ravenwing Biker units only? Or can be used by an unit of Ravenwing Black Knights or a Ravenwing Champion for example?

Its a bit confusing because the strat says Ravenwing Biker unit.

Regards.

Ravenwing biker unit only

Fluff wise they used to have teleport homers 

Tactics wise Sammael on Corvex is a good one to use coz you can warlord reroll charges and chain back for re-roll ones's and he has decent movement (ie flys over stuff)

Another good one is an apothecary on a bike just 60 points and can heal/revive

I brought the DWK out last night, supported by the Deathwing Ancient and a Librarian casting Righteous Repugnance...man that squad wreaks stuff! Positioning the Black Knights was easy enough, and the 6" charge went off no problem. Each DWK then has 4 attacks on the charge, my squad of 7 was a bit overkill! 2+/3++/5+++ makes them incredibly survivable too.

Only slight downside is once they're down, they're not very maneuverable...but fine if you want them to score line breaker for you :D

I brought the DWK out last night, supported by the Deathwing Ancient and a Librarian casting Righteous Repugnance...man that squad wreaks stuff! Positioning the Black Knights was easy enough, and the 6" charge went off no problem. Each DWK then has 4 attacks on the charge, my squad of 7 was a bit overkill! 2+/3++/5+++ makes them incredibly survivable too.

Only slight downside is once they're down, they're not very maneuverable...but fine if you want them to score line breaker for you :biggrin.:

So just done some experiments on our in house table

You can stretch a squad of 5 across 12"  and doing so in the middle of the board ish should give you a central solid footprint

Damage wise I did a few test rolls to see how they would do against an Imperial Knight using an ancient + re-roll against monsters warlord + stratagem which hits on +1.

maces

4 attacks standard so 16 total average 3 misses with 7 wounds without warlord trait and 10 with giving someone a 5+ save your looking at dropping say 3 maybe 4 giving a total of 6/7 wounds going through for 18-21 damage

It looks pretty straight that your needing to charge multiple targets with these guys and putting the knight master at a troop infantry option with the wound carry over looks a better bet adding 2 more maybe overkill but your potentially able to do over multiple targets and spreading out denies space and helps protect the ancient.