Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ritual of the Damned - Psychic Awakening

Psychic Awakening

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

Ok sorry I mixed that up

Don't sweat it, we do have one or two chaplains after all 😁
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

Lostrael

Lostrael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Ok sorry I mixed that up

Don't sweat it, we do have one or two chaplains after all

Yes, I counted 8 on my shelf. happy.png

I would have liked to see the Pandorax story line continued. Epimetheus would have been an interesting character for both Dark Angels and Grey Knights.

• G8Keeper likes this

gallery_29004_10383_3614.pnggallery_86236_11073_750.pnggallery_48988_10069_9172.jpggallery_69091_12503_18399.jpggallery_69091_12729_1465.gifgallery_69091_12729_1778.gifgallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.png

Hellunder

Hellunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

So do we think ravenwing special detachment will be substituted with more expensive strats? 2CP signal the attack and 3 CP swift strike?

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,840 posts

So do we think ravenwing special detachment will be substituted with more expensive strats? 2CP signal the attack and 3 CP swift strike?

Why would they do that? Ravenwing are not the best generators of CP as it is

Your on 8/9 normally then -1 for an extra relic -1 for the detachment leaving 6/7, X rounds of WOTDA you need a couple for only in death for the character speeders by the time you've finished its not worth taking the special detachment 

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

I think the strats will just get rolled into the update without an increase.  2 and 3 CP respectively just won't see them used for the reasons SnakeChisler above notes, unless that is, they pull something from their proverbial and come up with a way for RW and DW to be playable as singular entities on the tabletop without relying on tax troops.

gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,603 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

I think that, even with the RW being able to conjure up more CP to offset the lack of a battalion with troops trudging along, 2 and 3 cp as cost would still be too high and unfounded. They really are not that powerful as stratagems to justify such a cost. And, considering that Signal the Attack is one that would often be used multiple times in a single battle, a 2 CP cost would make it problematic.

• G8Keeper likes this

"Fiat lux!" - Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn,

a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter, currently WIP as part of the

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png

+++ FAN FICTION POSTS +++

The simple life of Crasius A Warhammer 40K short story

Bright FutureA Warhammer 40K short story

Angel of Solitude

Angel of Solitude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Thousand Sons

Blood of Baal is described a a supplement to the Blood Angels codex, so that is what PA4 will be for us. In this supplement they get access to litanies and combat doctrines (including their "super" Assault doctrine, Savage Echoes), which we can expect to be the same for us. They have a new Primaris character, along with a new unit (Death Company Intercessors).

I think we should expect something similar, which in the first instances means:

• New Primaris character (Lazarus?)
  • Doctrines, including "super" doctrine (tactical?)
  • LItanies
  • New unit (Deathwing Aggressors?)

I was about to write that I don't think we'll see any change in the CP generation mechanic - for example Ravenwing Bikes counting as troops if led by Sammael - but then I thought that perhaps they might make this something unique to Lazarus. I would expect something to incentivise us to take Lazarus and members of his company.

I also think it makes sense for them to consolidate the Ravenwing Special Detachment stratagems into the supplement, the same way that they have done with the Imperial Fists. This way you wouldn't have to spend 1 CP upfront for the detachment.

Oh well. only 16 more sleeps until we find out...

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15200_20209.png

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Blood Angels

It would be funny, AoS if they went full force into including new primaris characters for all 3 wings based off the WD article. I also see our super doc being a devastator doctrine super so you have 3 super docs in all three phases (IH, IF, DA for dev, UM, Sallies, RG for tactical, and BA, SW, and WS for assault)

I'm still hoping for "pure" detachment bonuses to incentivize pure RW, DW, GW detachments.

Angel of Solitude

Angel of Solitude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Thousand Sons

The infuriating thing is that a "move and shoot heavy weapons with no penalty" would be a great fit for the Dark Angels:

Ravenwing - unleash the incredible firepower of bike, speeder and flyer-mounted heavy weapons in a blitzing turn 1 assault

Greenwing - thematic, stoical advance into position whilst unleashing lethal volleys. Then turn 2, Grim Resolve gives you a re-roll 1 to hit as you fortify and hold your position.

But alas - Iron Hands already have that.

The reason for thinking a tactical doctrine is that it would coincide with a turn 2 Deathwing Assault somehow. Exactly how I'm not sure.

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15200_20209.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users