Ritual of the Damned - Psychic Awakening

Berwald

Ok sorry I mixed that up

Don't sweat it, we do have one or two chaplains after all

Yes, I counted 8 on my shelf. :happy.:

I would have liked to see the Pandorax story line continued. Epimetheus would have been an interesting character for both Dark Angels and Grey Knights.

So do we think ravenwing special detachment will be substituted with more expensive strats? 2CP signal the attack and 3 CP swift strike?

Why would they do that? Ravenwing are not the best generators of CP as it is

Your on 8/9 normally then -1 for an extra relic -1 for the detachment leaving 6/7, X rounds of WOTDA you need a couple for only in death for the character speeders by the time you've finished its not worth taking the special detachment 

So do we think ravenwing special detachment will be substituted with more expensive strats? 2CP signal the attack and 3 CP swift strike?

I think the strats will just get rolled into the update without an increase.  2 and 3 CP respectively just won't see them used for the reasons SnakeChisler above notes, unless that is, they pull something from their proverbial and come up with a way for RW and DW to be playable as singular entities on the tabletop without relying on tax troops.

I think that, even with the RW being able to conjure up more CP to offset the lack of a battalion with troops trudging along, 2 and 3 cp as cost would still be too high and unfounded. They really are not that powerful as stratagems to justify such a cost. And, considering that Signal the Attack is one that would often be used multiple times in a single battle, a 2 CP cost would make it problematic.

Blood of Baal is described a a supplement to the Blood Angels codex, so that is what PA4 will be for us. In this supplement they get access to litanies and combat doctrines (including their "super" Assault doctrine, Savage Echoes), which we can expect to be the same for us. They have a new Primaris character, along with a new unit (Death Company Intercessors).

I think we should expect something similar, which in the first instances means:

• New Primaris character (Lazarus?)
  • Doctrines, including "super" doctrine (tactical?)
  • LItanies
  • New unit (Deathwing Aggressors?)

I was about to write that I don't think we'll see any change in the CP generation mechanic - for example Ravenwing Bikes counting as troops if led by Sammael - but then I thought that perhaps they might make this something unique to Lazarus. I would expect something to incentivise us to take Lazarus and members of his company.

I also think it makes sense for them to consolidate the Ravenwing Special Detachment stratagems into the supplement, the same way that they have done with the Imperial Fists. This way you wouldn't have to spend 1 CP upfront for the detachment.

Oh well. only 16 more sleeps until we find out...

It would be funny, AoS if they went full force into including new primaris characters for all 3 wings based off the WD article. I also see our super doc being a devastator doctrine super so you have 3 super docs in all three phases (IH, IF, DA for dev, UM, Sallies, RG for tactical, and BA, SW, and WS for assault)

I'm still hoping for "pure" detachment bonuses to incentivize pure RW, DW, GW detachments.

The infuriating thing is that a "move and shoot heavy weapons with no penalty" would be a great fit for the Dark Angels:

Ravenwing - unleash the incredible firepower of bike, speeder and flyer-mounted heavy weapons in a blitzing turn 1 assault

Greenwing - thematic, stoical advance into position whilst unleashing lethal volleys. Then turn 2, Grim Resolve gives you a re-roll 1 to hit as you fortify and hold your position.

But alas - Iron Hands already have that.

The reason for thinking a tactical doctrine is that it would coincide with a turn 2 Deathwing Assault somehow. Exactly how I'm not sure.

I think grim resolve could be fused with courage of the lion to form our new USR and then they issue us a new warlord trait 6 that would be a really nice buff for us and lore friendly, and it would be an interesting way to shift our army to a stand and fight for the objective type force. And really boost deepstrikes, infiltrates, and drop pod assaults as well as make terminators and inceptors really tanky dropping in on an objective.

I'd change the deathwing USR from bonus vs chaos marines to deepstrikes allowing them to deploy to within 6" instead of within 9". People may cry this as overpowered but it's the deathwing they are masters of terminator warfare used in precision strikes to cripple the enemy and reap a heavy toll and this makes them so much more true to lore and so much more powerful then they are right now (spoiler alert they aren't threatening at all). Alternatively give them such a thing as a stratagem

For a new primaris unit, they could just give Zacharia special rules as he has none right now and yet has a bloody name. Doing that would be really a lot easier then new plastic. And you could also plastic up Ezekiel and azreal finally retiring their metal pewter models.

Doing that would be a fairly simple thing to do and you could even bundle the three togeather for 90 bucks and probably make a sick mint

Heard it from a good source that Dark Angels will be getting a new primaris captain with PA. Not a remake of an old character. His MO will be character killing apparently. Which is interesting.

Hmm very interesting.  I was expecting some kind of buffing character, colour me happy if true.

Given that they've played up Lazarus having a distinct dislike for Tzeentch, maybe the PA spin will be him wanting to exact revenge on the Tzeentch / 1ksons leaders that initially wronged him.

This could go one of two ways:

1. Intercessors with Stalker bolt rifles make good distance character killers, so perhaps we'll see some sort of Deathwing Intercessor squad with buffs against character
  2. Precision alpha strike close combat squad - teleport in close to an enemy character and take them out in an overwhelming close combat assault. DW Aggressors!

Oh I’ve also been told a dedicated melee primaris unit is coming this year.

They also didn’t primaris Dante out of fears of primaris melee with jump packs being too strong. Apparently.

Melee Primaris with Ritual of the Damned or is that too much to ask for? I'm sure we'd all be grateful for any and all tibits however small <insert begging emoji>.

Less than a week left before the reveal. I expect a new boxset and if the gods smile upon us the Lion himself.

If we get either of those ill be absolutely ecstatic. It's weird how hardly any rumours have surfaced for this. Maybe they've got a grip on the previous sources, translators I heard??

Don't think the Lion will show up in the middle of an event that already has more releases announced.

Not sure I'd want for it to be released like this. Would be kind of an underwhelming reveal, wouldn't it?

Don't think the Lion will show up in the middle of an event that already has more releases announced.

Not sure I'd want for it to be released like this. Would be kind of an underwhelming reveal, wouldn't it?

I guess that would depend on how they did it on Xmas day if he was released. I don't for one minute think we're getting the Lion, not for a couple of years at least anyway.

Once you sell the first, does the second one count as the first?

Or if the first is a Firstborn, is the second a Primaris?

Only if the second one is taller than the first one.