Ritual of the Damned - Psychic Awakening

Berwald

So Lazarus can become a Company Master of this Primaris Wing.

I dunno about that but in the supposedly-upcoming short story Enmity's Edge says that Azrael has ordered Master Lazarus to "lead the assault," with Knight Master Inias and Huntmaster Estrael supporting with the 1st and 2nd companies so I guess we'll wait and see his actual tactical organizational structure involvement.

Edited by Archaeinox

Just an assumption popped in my head right now.

In 30K-era Dark Angels had Hexagrammaton, six Wings. Most of them suddenly disappeared after the Caliban disaster.

Currently we have 2.5-3 of them (Deathwing, Ravenwing and to some degree Ironwing).

I think, it would be a great idea to dispatch all Primaris Marines into the new Wing, with unique role on the battlefield, as the other Wings have.

Yes, it's just a wishlist, but who knows, who knows...

Consider this, though:

Primaris are not a specialty unit. They are the standard, now.

Regular marines are not being produced anymore, in lore. The marines are now made from primaris stock, with the chapter having been granted technological independance from the original Cawl vats of geneseed.

Overtime, all that there will be, will be Primaris. So, you will have Primaris in every role in the army. Regular marines will be gone.

So, they could not be their own wing. If they were, the Greenwing, the Deathwing and the Ravenwing, would have no bodies to form them.

Just an assumption popped in my head right now.

In 30K-era Dark Angels had Hexagrammaton, six Wings. Most of them suddenly disappeared after the Caliban disaster.

Currently we have 2.5-3 of them (Deathwing, Ravenwing and to some degree Ironwing).

I think, it would be a great idea to dispatch all Primaris Marines into the new Wing, with unique role on the battlefield, as the other Wings have.

Yes, it's just a wishlist, but who knows, who knows...

Consider this, though:

Primaris are not a specialty unit. They are the standard, now.

Regular marines are not being produced anymore, in lore. The marines are now made from primaris stock, with the chapter having been granted technological independance from the original Cawl vats of geneseed.

Overtime, all that there will be, will be Primaris. So, you will have Primaris in every role in the army. Regular marines will be gone.

This is false. Primaris are an addition not a replacement and standard marines are still being made in the current timeline.

This has been stated in the Primaris FAQ, a WarCom article, and is said in the current SM codex itself.

Then I am mistaken.

All lore discussions Ibhave has in my gaming group state that primaris is the standard form of marine creation.

Specially in chapters that got almost wiped out or straigh wiped out

All lore discussions Ibhave has in my gaming group state that primaris is the standard form of marine creation.

The horror :P

No, apart from fully Primaris Chapters (and there is only a handfull of them) Firstborn are still the standard space marine creation procedure.

Hopefully not at all :wink: , but I don't think it's going to play out that way.

Looking across all the fluff that has recently been written, I don't think we're going to see a huge amount of Deathwing/Ravenwing integration. GW haven't milked this fluff cow hard enough yet ;)

• The Chapter Approved article gave details of two Primaris that had been admitted to the Ravenwing/Deathwing. Two!
  • We also know that the Primaris Master Lazarus is a rubiconned Primaris, and not an original one.
  • In the latest Black LIbrary Short The Test of Faith,
    Asmodai and many of the other Interrogator-Chaplains clearly view the Primaris as being "weak" and so unfit to be admitted to the Inner Circle.
  • However, there's also the "Primaris Circle" from the War of Secrets that needs to somehow be incorporated.

It feels like that if we are going to get Primaris squads, then it will be from rubiconned Oldmarines instead of new Primaris.

Hopefully not at all :wink: , but I don't think it's going to play out that way.

Looking across all the fluff that has recently been written, I don't think we're going to see a huge amount of Deathwing/Ravenwing integration. GW haven't milked this fluff cow hard enough yet :wink:

• The Chapter Approved article gave details of two Primaris that had been admitted to the Ravenwing/Deathwing. Two!
  • We also know that the Primaris Master Lazarus is a rubiconned Primaris, and not an original one.
    Asmodai and many of the other Interrogator-Chaplains clearly view the Primaris as being "weak" and so unfit to be admitted to the Inner Circle.
  • However, there's also the "Primaris Circle" from the War of Secrets that needs to somehow be incorporated.

It feels like that if we are going to get Primaris squads, then it will be from rubiconned Oldmarines instead of new Primaris.

Also, let it not be forgotten: The one who was admitted into the Deathwing was a GREYSHIELD no less.

Yes, one of the Primaris from Mars. Not an in-house one.

Looking across all the fluff that has recently been written, I don't think we're going to see a huge amount of Deathwing/Ravenwing integration. GW haven't milked this fluff cow hard enough yet :wink:

Also, let it not be forgotten: The one who was admitted into the Deathwing was a GREYSHIELD no less.

Yes, one of the Primaris from Mars. Not an in-house one.

War of Secrets is the only Black Library book I wouldn't mind getting completely forgotten.

Alright, I'll spill it.  Here's a quick over view over the next line of Fluff

Lion awakens.  He sees the state of the galaxy and servitors the primaris into two wound servitors and techmarines rejoice.  Now that the Lion is back his marines stand taller and are inspired to have two wounds and two attacks.  They stand so tall in fact that they can fit into the now vacant armor of the extinct primaris catastrophe.  The Lion having gained the unending love of techmarines orders the floating tanks to be tracked as a marine vehicle should be.  The grav tech is given to the Ravenwing to play with. 

Also, those stupid floaty devastators are sucked into the warp and invictor warsuits are given to the techmarines as a Christmas bonus.  

You Sir, for your contribution to the new lore and obvious appreciation of the work done by Techmarines, shall be promoted by the Lion to be Master of the Rock.

Plug in on arrival, the Rock has it's own supply of biscuits.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Alright, I'll spill it.  Here's a quick over view over the next line of Fluff

Lion awakens.  He sees the state of the galaxy and servitors the primaris into two wound servitors and techmarines rejoice.  Now that the Lion is back his marines stand taller and are inspired to have two wounds and two attacks.  They stand so tall in fact that they can fit into the now vacant armor of the extinct primaris catastrophe.  The Lion having gained the unending love of techmarines orders the floating tanks to be tracked as a marine vehicle should be.  The grav tech is given to the Ravenwing to play with. 

Also, those stupid floaty devastators are sucked into the warp and invictor warsuits are given to the techmarines as a Christmas bonus.  

This is now my favourite head cannon

Guest MistaGav

If it's going to be a box set then it'll be in the same vein as we've seen from box sets in the past few years. Faction vs faction, some exclusive characters and MAYBE a new unit or two and then a bundle of some current and older kits.

There's a new story on Warhammer community and we are in it. We are described as Viridian clad knights with swords of fire. We are going to cleanse Prospero of the thousand sons. The rubrics will be fed alive to the advancing angels so that Magnus can be bought time to preform a massive blood ritual. One where he plans to sacrifice himself in it by getting kaldor draigo to kill him in an act of self sacrifice to the dark gods. Ahriman and the sorcerors will be the key to the ritual not Magnus but only we the reader are shown this.

The dark angels will reap a heavy toll and scour Prospero of life once more but it will be for naught. And we will retreat and abandon the grey knights upon the field of battle to face whatever this ritual was designed to do.. alone

That is the gist of the short story presented. It is a vision quest between voldus and draigo.