Psychic Awakening: The Ritual of the Damned

darkseren1ty

None of the cult marines would get a point drop if they are going to 2w, if anything they would have a point increase unfortunately.

I agree with this. I would expect what the other supplements are getting: Warlord Traits, Chapter Tactics, Strategems, Relics. If they really want to go the whole 9, they may give us some updated spells.
And even that, no one else got or are getting spells in PA though are they? And chapter traits won't come out until another codex. Chapter approved just adjusts point costs I believe not change rules for factions. And another codex most likely won't come out until after summer if they do a 8.5/9 or whatever people are hyping up. I'd love to be wrong and it be sooner or come in another form though.

Rationale for traits is that everything from PA 2 was already included in another codex. PA has served as an expansion so far for armies that already had faction rules. I may be wrong, but the intent seems very obviously to update rules for factions to bring them in line with the new power levels presented by the astartes books, without having to release updated codexes.

PA 1 updated the Revenant discipline for the Ynnari, so there is precedent. 2/3 of the factions in PA 3 are defined by their abilities to cast, and unique spell lists. It follows to me that updating the rules for factions dependent on their casting would in some way involve their casting ability or spell list. So no, it is not written in stone that this will happen, but it is a logical possibility.

We are not the gunline army, we are not the daemon engine army, we are the psycher army. Frankly, what else would they do?

Strats, warlord traits and relics like everyone else? All while avoiding the power creep the astartes got of better army wide traits, doctrines and then the second traits based on the doctrines. I rather have better passives that affect the whole army then what PA is doing hands down.

Edited by Putrid Choir

Still waiting for those 'Melee Rubrics Atia said we were getting before the plastic range dropped'. Realistically though I bet we get a Primaris D'Angel and thats it. Fine by me though because I need a robed Primaris mini before I pull the trigger on my 2nd ed John Blanche style Chaos army. 

I would like to beleive we are getting a fair amount of attention this book, considering the title and video preview seems to mostly focus on us.

C'mon, man.. You know how this works

2 Astartes and 1 Heretic Astartes?

Haha I do know how it works, its grey knights and dark angels, any other marine type and I would be more worried. But we know how gw treats the boys in green and silver.

I suppose mostly part of models. Phoenix rising got 4 units. The next two books we got 1 character each so...hard to tell. I expect as other have said, the same usually rule suspects, but I dunno...something feels different about this one. Hopefully it's more like a Phoenix rising release. Edited by Ahzek451

I saw the cover of the Mephiston novel.... all these Thousand Sons laying on their backs, and Mephiston victorious above the dead Rubrics. We got him right where we want him! :)

Seriously though if there was a mutli wound 'capability' it would come from this book CA19 came out and we know that rumour was bunk. 

I think Grey Knights may win out most from this book. 

Well, from what I've heard, Grey Knights probably need it the most... in discussions about army imbalance they are usually cited as the or one of the weakest armies.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

We are not the gunline army, we are not the daemon engine army, we are the psycher army. Frankly, what else would they do?

Well buff DA/GK a good deal but mostly leave us out in the dark to be honest.

Honestly the following

Daemon weapons, new Warlord Traits, Stratagems, relics, Tactical Objectives and a name generator. It's what they did for Heretic Astartes so I expect it will be much the same. Though we might get some form of Psychic Discipline as the Eldar got access to another one that specifically had to replace "smite." As Eldar as a psychic heavy force they could do the same for us. And to boot Black Templars got a special Chaplain litanies instead of psychic powers.

However how good they will be is really anyone's guess. Book 1 rule wise from my understanding was kind of a bust. Book 2 gave some good options to SM, CSM, and Black Templars. From what I read on the internet Book 3 will be a game changer for Blood Angel's and good but not a game changer for Tyranids.

So I think we will be improved but it that can be anywhere from Meh to absolute game changer.

[Wishlist]and rules for the Osiron dreadnought[/wishlist]

Edited by Raven1

Either way, it will be fun having this group have something to talk about and rejouvinate this thread a bit and of course, the army. Not gonna lie, for good or I'll, news released on the 25th is prob my most exciting christmas present ha! Edited by Ahzek451

OK so we know Mephiston is on the Planet of the Sorcerers in City of Light, the new novel. You can see the awesome cover of him smoke-checking Rubricae in Tizca by a quick google search. 

SPOILERS AHEAD (From end of Psychic Awakening: Blood of Baal)

"How much horror can the Emperor's subjects endure? How much death? Day by day we drive these xenos back. Day by day they overwhelm and devour us in their turn. Always there comes another wave, another tendril. Never has the Emperor's light shone as brightly amidst the shadows of the Red Scar, yet perhaps it is this that draws the aliens to us from the outer dark?

Perhaps. It begins in blood, and in blood it ends... I know what must be done..." -Mephiston, the Lord of Death

Also, one more spoiler at end of the the fluff from BoB:

"I picked up another echo of the message today. You know the one, same as the others, the same 'invitation.' I've ignored them before, but what if it's real? What if there really is a place with people like me, who hear things? And you, with your... What if this Crimson Mentor really can free us and teach us? I can't hide forever, Josep. I won't."

+Subject and interlocutor detained by local forces, awaiting arrival of Black Ship Yelantis.+

bruh, what is happening. hype

Edited by Archaeinox

OK so we know Mephiston is on the Planet of the Sorcerers in City of Light, the new novel. You can see the awesome cover of him smoke-checking Rubricae in Tizca by a quick google search.

SPOILERS AHEAD (From end of Psychic Awakening: Blood of Baal)

"How much horror can the Emperor's subjects endure? How much death? Day by day we drive these xenos back. Day by day they overwhelm and devour us in their turn. Always there comes another wave, another tendril. Never has the Emperor's light shone as brightly amidst the shadows of the Red Scar, yet perhaps it is this that draws the aliens to us from the outer dark?

Perhaps. It begins in blood, and in blood it ends... I know what must be done..." -Mephiston, the Lord of Death

Also, one more spoiler at end of the the fluff from BoB:

"I picked up another echo of the message today. You know the one, same as the others, the same 'invitation.' I've ignored them before, but what if it's real? What if there really is a place with people like me, who hear things? And you, with your... What if this Crimson Mentor really can free us and teach us? I can't hide forever, Josep. I won't."

+Subject and interlocutor detained by local forces, awaiting arrival of Black Ship Yelantis.+

bruh, what is happening. hype

I wasnt going to pick up City but now with the TS involved...I guess I have to!

I am really curious to see this play out.

All 3 armies seem to be on the backfoot competitivly so having them center stage is cool.

The backstory involving the Changeling will seem like a wasted opportunity and seems no coincidence these three are lumped together.

That the 1000k sons will seemingly be on the defensive while attempting their epic plan is interesting as well. A psychic beacon sounds cool though why would Magnus do this? Who knows my guess is a huge sacrifice of latent psychers to power some mind numbing result. I mean, heck, they all ready pulled a planet out of warp into real space and I would think whatever plan Mags has up his sleeve is supposed to top that!

Maybe Maggie somehow "gets his shard (groove) back" (from the head Grey knight dude? (sorry not up on GK lore).

I typically don't buy campaign books, should we expect special missions that reenact whatever lore is coming out to support this?

Maybe a "keep the Ritual from being interfered with" mission?

Edited by Skerr