Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SW 1500 post CA 2019 list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 576 posts

Battalion

HQ

114 Wolf lord on thunderwolf (stormshield, powerfist, armour of russ, saga of the wolfkin)

97 WGBL with jumpack (stormshield, powerfist, wulfenstone)

TROOPS

86 5xintercessors (5xstalker bolters,1xgrenade launcher)

86 5xintercessors (5xbolt rifles,1xgrenade launcher)

86 5xintercessors (5xbolt rifles,1xgrenade launcher)

ELITES

198 5xwulfen (4xTH/SS, leader/frost claws)

111 3xaggressors (bolt gauntlets/grenade launchers)

FAST ATTACK

205 4xthunderwolves (2xstormshields/chainswords,1xpower fist/stormshield,leader:thunder hammer/stormshield)

HEAVY SUPPORT

129 5xlongfangs (4xplasma cannons)

277 landraider godhammer (2xtwin las, twin heavy bolter)

Transport

110 Razorback (twin lascannon)

TACTIC

Longfangs enter the razorback, wulfen enter the landraider. Thunderwolves ride in front of the landraider leaving enough space for my lord and battle leader to heroically intervene if necessary.  Longfangs stay in razorback for turn one protection if i go second and when they disembark i pop wolf's eye and keen senses. Intercessors capture base and middle objectives. Land raider, aggressors and thunderwolves form a moving castle with reroll 1s to hit and wound...Turn 2 wulfen disembark  3" +7"+ D6" with rerolable charge for everyone around. Razorback provides long range fire support

Edited by lonewolf81, 05 December 2019 - 10:52 AM.

Watcher

Watcher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: SW, Knights of Damascus

You would be better off running a Stormwolf Gunship to drop the Wulfen, but I understand if it has to do with models available. Also, if you can fit the points or swap an HQ, sling a Wolf Priest with Jump pack in with your Wulfen (or TW's) for those beautiful rerolls.

You could also easily get rid of the Land Raider and replace with a Relic Contemptor Mortis dreadnought (same output with more reliability for cheaper) for better anti-tank and plop a Wolf Guard Pack Leader (TDA for more durability, PA for cheap protection with a Storm Shield) with your long fangs to keep them alive longer. At 1500pts it can be less cost effective taking a Land Raider.

On top of all of this you could upgrade your two Grey Hunter squads to Intercessor squads for 15pts (30pts total) a squad. This would double your wounds and allow them to stay on objectives a bit longer (with potentially better firepower). 

Grey Hunters unfortunately don't survive well enough of long enough without a TDA Pack leader w/Storm Shield against current lists.  

In regards to relic choice, I would leave the armour of russ at home and save yourself a CP. Put that wulfen stone on your Wolf Lord to maximize his attacks instead of the Battle leader. 

This is of course all advice for a fluffy "take-on-all-comers"  list and even decent for friendly play. If you're going competitive, unfortunately, maxing out your Wulfen slots is the way to go.

"It's funny. That time when you saved old Adrian from those fanatics I thought I heard him offer you your heart's desire. He would have sent you home if you asked. Instead you asked for a meat pie."
..."It was a big pie." - Torin the Wayfarer
gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 576 posts

Hey thnx for feedback...The role of the land raider is to keep my wulfen alive and on the table from turn 1...It is  almost the same points as a stormwolf now... but with better toughness, better save ,more wounds and can get the prepared positions stratagem if i go second... I think you are right about having both stormfang and landraider in the same list in 1500 pts (lots of points in 2 units) ... As for long fangs i came to realize that they always need a transport otherwise they are dead if you go second (either you have  a pack leader with ss or not). 

Armour of russ is our best relic because when you get charged or you heroicly intervene you make an enemy unit fight last and you can kill it or cripple it before it gets to hit.

In my meta we dont play forge world.

I modified my list and ditched the stormfang for 3 agressors and a razorback for some antitank and longfang turn 1 protection... with the spare points i upgraded my 2 GH squads to intercessors and gave an extra power fist to thunderwolves

Edited by lonewolf81, 05 December 2019 - 10:53 AM.

Watcher

Watcher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: SW, Knights of Damascus

Hey thnx for feedback...The role of the land raider is to keep my wulfen alive and on the table from turn 1...It is  almost the same points as a stormwolf now... but with better toughness, better save ,more wounds and can get the prepared positions stratagem if i go second... I think you are right about having both stormfang and landraider in the same list in 1500 pts (lots of points in 2 units) ... As for long fangs i came to realize that they always need a transport otherwise they are dead if you go second (either you have  a pack leader with ss or not). 

Armour of russ is our best relic because when you get charged or you heroicly intervene you make an enemy unit fight last and you can kill it or cripple it before it gets to hit.

In my meta we dont play forge world.

I modified my list and ditched the stormfang for 3 agressors and a razorback for some antitank and longfang turn 1 protection... with the spare points i upgraded my 2 GH squads to intercessors and gave an extra power fist to thunderwolves

I see, I would love your meta! The lads I play with can't get enough fine-cast on the table to save their lives. sweat.gif

The reason why Armour of Russ doesn't get taken much is due to its situational use and redundancy of a 4+ invul. on a 3+ invul. character. In most cases you'll be the one charging as well and fighting with the bearer first. Although, I do see where its useful.

As for the land raider, I definitley thought the Stormwolf was T8 as well, thats a miss on my part. Although it does pack double the movement for the toughness and save.

Razorback is definitely a good choice. I tend to leave my fangs sitting back with a pack leader and they do alright.

With the extra powerfist, would it be easier to upgrade your WL instead to a Thunder Hammer for more consistent damage?

Whats the plan for the Aggressors?

"It's funny. That time when you saved old Adrian from those fanatics I thought I heard him offer you your heart's desire. He would have sent you home if you asked. Instead you asked for a meat pie."
..."It was a big pie." - Torin the Wayfarer
gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 576 posts

The most difficult opponents in my group are a dark eldar and a IG player both packing a lot of ranged shots... I believe the land raider with the prepared positions T8, 2+ save and 16 wounds will do better than a stormwolf for the same points against plasma spam ,disintegrator cannons and lances...  (all are strength 8)

Powerfist costs 9 points and thunderhammer cost 40 pts i am not taking a hammer on a character ever again tongue.png

Aggressors will follow the raider, thunderwolves andbolt rifle  intercessors 

Edited by lonewolf81, 06 December 2019 - 01:26 PM.

• Triszin and Watcher like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users