Chaos Points Adjustments in CA19

Prot

With the new 40 point price tag on the thunderhammer for characters, anyone else dropping it from their lists?

Nah, I think I’d still take a jump Lord with hammer in almost every list, at least with World Eaters. 133 points isn’t absurd, as huge of a jump as it is. WS2+ hammer attacks rerolling 1’s is potent. Doubly so Fighting twice if Khorne-marked.

I almost want to just take a 7 point Fist instead, but man rolling 1’s for damage is weak! Though the Nurgle daemon weapon is a badass weapon in its own right.

One of the main reasons it’s worth it on a jump Lord is because, depending on the legion, you can more or less guarantee a charge. EC and NL can, and with 2 jump lords in tandem WE can do it too - sometimes with both lords.

name="Nazgob" post="5442674" timestamp="1575696443"]Thunder hammers are still only 16 points on chosen. I think 31 attacks on the charge will be ok even if they only hit on 4s.

True, though I feel like that’s potentially a lot of wasted points if they get blown up before they can do anything. In fairness that goes for any unit. Still, that is a lot of hammer attacks.

What would be your method of getting them into combat?

Edited by Juggernut

With so many great stratagems now for the legions, I think I might have to try the minimal points red corsairs battalion for 8CP, which now has a total drop of 40 points. 225 points for an 8CP battery that can stay back and hold objectives seems pretty nice to me. For a lot of the legions, if you are going to take CSM units, it seems you might as well just make them Red Corsairs now and make the detachment you really want for your legion.

Edit: my lack of sleep shown through in this post. You would need 60 more points.

Edited by Doom Herald

My list has shrunk by a couple of hundred points even with the disco lord increase so I'm relatively pleased. My comp Flawless Host got better and so did my Black Legion so nice bit of variety ahoy now. Still think we're lagging behind SM purely on the fact they get the double barrelled chapter tactics and Legion traits aren't half as pronounced but every other army is in the same boat on that score tbh

Night Lords are an excellent choice now especially when screened effectively behind some nurgle daemons and the princes are borderline bonkers in their damage output. Needs a fair of work to pick up the best combos but the potential is certainly there prior to the new year FAQ

name="Nazgob" post="5442674" timestamp="1575696443"]Thunder hammers are still only 16 points on chosen. I think 31 attacks on the charge will be ok even if they only hit on 4s.

True, though I feel like that’s potentially a lot of wasted points if they get blown up before they can do anything. In fairness that goes for any unit. Still, that is a lot of hammer attacks.

What would be your method of getting them into combat?

Dreadclaw could be helpful for bring them on turn 2 & that can take the overwatch as it charge first.  Depend the Legion, give the Chosen Icon of Wrath for the re-roll charge?  Maybe have a Sorcerer help for Presence power & maybe Hex to deal with like Wulfen?

Or there also the Forge World Assault drill

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Terrax-Pattern-Termite-Assault-Drill-2018

Just few idea & mean they'll not be target on turn 1 & allow you bring them where there needed.  But also the option with the Dreadclaw maybe set it up on the table if your against Hoards where deep striking is going to be a bit difficult?

True, though I feel like that’s potentially a lot of wasted points if they get blown up before they can do anything. In fairness that goes for any unit. Still, that is a lot of hammer attacks.What would be your method of getting them into combat?

I'd only put 5-7 hammers in the squad and leave the rest cheap, then I'd warptime a rhino up the board while protecting it as best as I can. Not foolproof by any means but it's the best option until they update the Dreadclaw to come in turn 1 like loyalist pods.

My list has shrunk by a couple of hundred points even with the disco lord increase so I'm relatively pleased.

What increase Balthamal? A disco lord is still the same base cost unless they already FAQ’d it and I missed it. If anything a baleflamer Disco Lord is an actual alternative now since the baleflamer came down in cost.

My list has shrunk by a couple of hundred points even with the disco lord increase so I'm relatively pleased.

What increase Balthamal? A disco lord is still the same base cost unless they already FAQ’d it and I missed it. If anything a baleflamer Disco Lord is an actual alternative now since the baleflamer came down in cost.

Yeah I was going on second hand info before I got my copy. I'm actually shocked they've become cheaper. Its madness with some of the combos they have available to them now but I shall not complain in the slightest

Personally... I don’t think disco lords will get a price increase, I do think their wording will get cleaned up like the new Slaanesh Heralds on chariots have. The mounts attacks cannot be increased in any way.

Which makes sense since it’s the rider, not the mount, benefitting from the Legion trait... i.e. Flawless Host disco lords.

I heard people mention 7pt powerfists for SM/CSM. It seems they are still 9pts though in CA19. Also nocto crown 80pts now. I haven't seem to have noticed much talk about it. 

Yeah you're totally right. They're still 9 points. :(

CA19 disco lord

disco lord- 150

autocannon- 10

BP-0

Impailer CG- 0

mechanitendrils- 0

Frag+krak-0

Hellstalker bladed limbs and tail- 0

techno viro injector- 0

baleflamer- 20

magma cutter- 6

If anything disco lord looks to actually get a 10 pt discount if you take baleflamer as that was 30, now 20 pts. No pts increase.