Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'Eavy Contrast Marines - Iron Hands

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JH.Miniatures

JH.Miniatures

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
The Iron Hands 'Eavy Contrast Marine is here! 

Painting metallics has always been difficult for me so I decided to tackle my fears head on with this guy, Black Metallic armour and two different tones of Steel on top of that.

Super happy and proud of the skin tone, went for a very desaturated look overall, that I think fits the Iron Hands very well.

As always, all Contrast Paints and Highlights.

Hope you guys like it!

• Reyner, N1SB, Lanparth and 3 others like this

XIXWYRMEXIX

XIXWYRMEXIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 53 posts

Just wanted to say I love your tutorials, found them on you tube before even seeing your posts here. I am subscribed, just wanted to give you some props and let you know I enjoy them personally. Any chance on other tutorials that are not spacemarines? Like some xenos tutorials eventually? Even if not I enjoy your current painting tutorials, keep it up!

• JH.Miniatures likes this

JH.Miniatures

JH.Miniatures

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Just wanted to say I love your tutorials, found them on you tube before even seeing your posts here. I am subscribed, just wanted to give you some props and let you know I enjoy them personally. Any chance on other tutorials that are not spacemarines? Like some xenos tutorials eventually? Even if not I enjoy your current painting tutorials, keep it up!

Thanks! I really appreciate your support and kind words.

Good news for you, once I finish the Ultramarines tutorial, I will step away from Marines for a while, painting the Red Gobbo and Jain Zar.

Next in line I have the 9 Traitor Marine Legions, as well as all the Sisters of Battle Orders, but It won't be such a continuous thing as the loyalist were and I will spice it with other things in between to break the monotony. I would like to at least do a video for each race and army, so tyranids, tau, etc

• XIXWYRMEXIX likes this

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts

Hey, question for you, this tutorial got me thinking something similar could be done with The Minotaurs.

Which colour of brown would you use to get a bronze colour out of contrast? Just curious!

Warbringer

Warbringer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 492 posts
  • Faction: Orks and Salamanders

I use snakebite leather for a bronze over a silver base looks amazing!

pitd2.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.pnggallery_48988_15465_18945.pnggallery_48988_15738_11177.png

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts

I use snakebite leather for a bronze over a silver base looks amazing!

Pics or it didn't happen :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users