How did death guard do in CA19?

Wolf Lord Loki

A lot were ones targetted at CSM and effected us but there's some really cool drops here too:

• Cultist down 1 point

• Land raider down 20 points

• Terminator lord down 10 point

• Predator down 5 points

• Rhino down 15 points

• Spawn went down 5 points

• Helbrute went down 20 points

• Malignant plague caster went down 15 points

• Blight haulers went down 15 points

• Possessed went down 3 points

• Poxwalkers went down 2 points

• Sorceror went down 10 points

• Terminator sorcerer down 2 points

• Typhus went down 20 points

• Plaguebearers went up 1 point

• Combi melta went down 4 points

• Entropy cannon went down 5 points

• Plague spewer went down 2 point

Edit: this is from Reddit, not sure these are all correct. But the plague probe went down 20 pts too making the Bloat drone a lot cheaper too!

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

Not that great. Our Daemon Prince with Wings is still 170 without weapons even though the Daemon codex prince with wings went down to 155 (they both get DR, ours gets Hateful Assault, the conditional +1 attack, while theirs gets their Loci, Locust of Virulence, which gives them and nurgle daemons 6" around them 1 more damage on wound rolls of 6+, kind of evens them out but theirs is cheaper still)...

Other than that, we have our matched chaos units that went down like cultist, rhino's and land raiders, but death guard specific

Deathshroud went down 10 points

Typhus went down 20 points

Malignant plaguecaster went down 15 points

Myphitic Blight-haulers went down 15 points

Poxwalkers went down 1-2 points (hard to see the blurry photo in the leak)

And some weapons went down, entropy cannons are 5 less, spitters are 2 less.

So yeah, not alot. All the elite slot characters still are overpriced, our Blightlords are still over priced, the Deathshroud are better but still an immobile bodyguard. Plague marines still look like 16, so for 1 point less then an Intercessor we have about the same survivability but less range and damage output still. Our prince's got shafted. Mortarion is still a 470pts bullet sponge that dies T1. Not to mention loyal marines had a large amount of points drop too.

But on the bright side, I haven't found something of ours that went up yet haha.

Edit: wrong number on caster originally

Edited by Putrid Choir

In my 2k pure DG list I run I saved 72 on three drones with spitters, 4 for my pbc with spitters, 15 on my plague caster, and that's it. Neither of my prince's went down, Mort is still 470, and the plague marines didn't get a drop or go up but get 2w. So I got 91pts out of CA so far that I know of. Seems alot less then what I've seen others cheer on about.

The DP cost should get FAQ’d with that discrepancy.

I’m happy though, with the general cuts, added with Poxwalker, GUO and hauler drops, my 2k list has dropped around 150pts. More things!

I’m happy though, with the general cuts, added with Poxwalker, GUO and hauler drops, my 2k list has dropped around 150pts. More things!

I want them to but I doubt it. I bet our prince stays more expensive. And what did the GUO drop to? I saw rotigus got a drop but didn't see a GUO points drop.

I want them to but I doubt it. I bet our prince stays more expensive. And what did the GUO drop to? I saw rotigus got a drop but didn't see a GUO points drop.

The GUO went down 45 points with the bile blade and bell and with the haulers going down 15 points each its a good saving but I can't fit it in a 1750 list how I want to because I'm greedy!

With the points drops, I found that if you take Mortarion, 2 Daemon prince's with wings and 1 without, 3 bloat drones with spitters, 3 crawlers with spitters and 2 blight haulers it comes to 2000pts on the dot. Everything in the army is T6/7/8 and 3+/5++/5+++ or better. Half of the army has fly and all have a movement of 8" or more. Would be a fun list to play. And with only 12 models you will most like have less than your opponent. I need to finish up my last pbc and get another prince with wings and try it out. Edited by Putrid Choir

With the points drops, I found that if you take Mortarion, 2 Daemon prince's with wings and 1 without, 3 bloat drones with spitters, 3 crawlers with spitters and 2 blight haulers it comes to 2000pts on the dot. Everything in the army is T6/7/8 and 3+/5++/5+++ or better. Half of the army has fly and all have a movement of 8" or more. Would be a fun list to play. And with only 12 models you will most like have less than your opponent. I need to finish up my last pbc and get another prince with wings and try it out.

Doesnt sound to bad a similar to what I like to take but you will be limited on CP's 

With the plague probe down to 5 points I think Fleshmower drones are quite competitively priced now. 3 with an arch contaminator winged DP is quite good now.

With that point drop I have moved back to the drones with spitters as the extra movement / fly/ combat weapon pushes it over compared to the crawlers in my mind. 

second test tonight though

True, almost no CP with that list haha. But as of right now in a pure DG list what strats are worth a damn anyways? Votlw is nice but no infantry in that list. Fire frenzy is good but no helbrute. Blight bombardment is too easy to read from the beginning of the game, and no plague marines in that list. The poxwalkers one is garbage now you have to pay points for going over, and no poxwalkers. I typically use all my CP for rerolls and Votlw in my normal lists.

I've never been a fan of CP and strats, GW already does a terrible job of balancing their game between unit rules, faction rules, point costs and codexes. CP and strats are on a whole other level.

I love my drones, them going down 24pts with spitters is amazing. I find with ws4+ they are too unreliable in melee so I don't use the fleshmowers. But now with Hateful assault and the points drop, they might be pretty viable. 2D along with prince's talons being 2D, perfect for eating Primaris

True, almost no CP with that list haha. But as of right now in a pure DG list what strats are worth a damn anyways? Votlw is nice but no infantry in that list. Fire frenzy is good but no helbrute. Blight bombardment is too easy to read from the beginning of the game, and no plague marines in that list. The poxwalkers one is garbage now you have to pay points for going over, and no poxwalkers. I typically use all my CP for rerolls and Votlw in my normal lists.

I've never been a fan of CP and strats, GW already does a terrible job of balancing their game between unit rules, faction rules, point costs and codexes. CP and strats are on a whole other level.

I love my drones, them going down 24pts with spitters is amazing. I find with ws4+ they are too unreliable in melee so I don't use the fleshmowers. But now with Hateful assault and the points drop, they might be pretty viable. 2D along with prince's talons being 2D, perfect for eating Primaris

I agree I use the auto explode sometimes 

The spitters didn't go down so be careful with your points.

I actually this the Poxwalkers are back as an option now 5 points over a 8 point plague bearer. You lose the -1 to hit and the 5++ 

the 5++ is only good 1/3 of the time and the points different counters out that 1/3 now. You however get fearless and the options to make T5 and untargetable so its an intresting decision now

Yeah the auto explode is nice too. You're right, it's the spewer not the spitter that went down 2 points, I had to double check.

I'm personally still not a fan of poxwalkers. You can make them T5 but need to use a spell and a special character. And with cultist dropping back to 4pts, poxwalkers still seem over priced to me at 5pts. Fearless is all they have going for them. I also think we should be able to take them in groups of 30 not just 10-20.

Yeah the auto explode is nice too. You're right, it's the spewer not the spitter that went down 2 points, I had to double check.

I'm personally still not a fan of poxwalkers. You can make them T5 but need to use a spell and a special character. And with cultist dropping back to 4pts, poxwalkers still seem over priced to me at 5pts. Fearless is all they have going for them. I also think we should be able to take them in groups of 30 not just 10-20.

This is my list I plan on running for the next couple of months

DG Battalion

Daemon Prine wings, talons, WL +1 to DR, Plate

Typhus

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

Plague Drone 2 x Spitters

Crawler 2 x Spitter, Heavy stubber

Nurgle Daemons Vanguard

Poxwalker

3 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

Works out at 1749 with the new points. 

DG Battalion

Typhus

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

Nurgle Daemons Vanguard

Poxwalker

3 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

Poxbringer for the Daemon HQ right? Couple questions with the list.

Why the +1 to DR and not arch contaminator with the prince for all those drones and crawler wound rerolls? Have you had previous success with the DR bonus one?

And why the beasts of nurgle? They are cool models and they got a point drop, but I've never seen anyone run them without Slimux.

Other then that good list. Most DG list with 3x Drones and 3x Crawlers with spitters gets the green light from me haha.

DG Battalion

Typhus

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

Nurgle Daemons Vanguard

Poxwalker

3 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

Why the +1 to DR and not arch contaminator with the prince for all those drones and crawler wound rerolls? Have you had previous success with the DR bonus one?

And why the beasts of nurgle? They are cool models and they got a point drop, but I've never seen anyone run them without Slimux.

Other then that good list. Most DG list with 3x Drones and 3x Crawlers with spitters gets the green light from me haha.

So the DP is a beast in combat so want to try and keep him alive for longer.

I used to use Arch Contaminator with the Helmbut  I found that I was always wanting to castle up with that load out. 

The list is not designed to go out and kill everything. 

The idea is to spead out be everywhere with things that are a pain to kill. This is where the beasts come in, 6 points per T5 wound with an inlov and DR. Its currently a marine META in my area with loads of bolters. Makeing them wound on 5+ to remove a coulpe of cheap fat blobs is funny. 

Earlier this week it took 17 intercessors to put one down with them re-rolling hits. 

I have been using nurglings as troops but also in the current meta marines have a lot of infiltrators which actually helps me as they start closer to my flamers. The nurglings were hindering that. The Poxwalkers I can also hide a fearless and put cloud of flys on should I want to keep that objective until the end of the battle round. 

Its not a perfect list and unlikely to be a tournament winning list but I will grind out victories. I have been doing that in competative play since DG came out. I aim for 3-2 / 4-1 in 5 game tournaments, then 3-0 in 3 game tournments. 

I could drop the poxwalker units down to a 10 man units but not sure what I would do with the extra points, or have 6 x 10 man units

DG Battalion

Typhus

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

20 x Poxwalkers

Nurgle Daemons Vanguard

Poxwalker

3 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

2 x Nurgle Beasts

So the DP is a beast in combat so want to try and keep him alive for longer.

I used to use Arch Contaminator with the Helmbut I found that I was always wanting to castle up with that load out.

The list is not designed to go out and kill everything.

The idea is to spead out be everywhere with things that are a pain to kill. This is where the beasts come in, 6 points per T5 wound with an inlov and DR. Its currently a marine META in my area with loads of bolters. Makeing them wound on 5+ to remove a coulpe of cheap fat blobs is funny.

Earlier this week it took 17 intercessors to put one down with them re-rolling hits.

I have been using nurglings as troops but also in the current meta marines have a lot of infiltrators which actually helps me as they start closer to my flamers. The nurglings were hindering that. The Poxwalkers I can also hide a fearless and put cloud of flys on should I want to keep that objective until the end of the battle round.

Its not a perfect list and unlikely to be a tournament winning list but I will grind out victories. I have been doing that in competative play since DG came out. I aim for 3-2 / 4-1 in 5 game tournaments, then 3-0 in 3 game tournments.

I could drop the poxwalker units down to a 10 man units but not sure what I would do with the extra points, or have 6 x 10 man units

I like it. I’d consider a Feculent Gnarlmaw to either deploy in your deployment & give you a chance to first turn charge infiltrators with your drones or DS it in turn 2/3 to let your PBCs fall back and shoot.

Good to see Beasts getting a look in, I also think Spawn are solid for 20 points, they’re similar to Beasts in battlefield role but are less durable & nastier in melee.