Bloody Rose - Mission of Saint Aspira

vossyvo

Hey All,

Have spent a few days reading the new codex to work out which Order I was going to pick for my SoB force.

I'm a BT player, so the Bloody Rose really appealed to me, and a nice bonus was I wouldn't have to paint more black power armour.

Here is the first test model for my force, which I'm going to name the Mission of Saint Aspira, part of the Order of the Bloody Rose.

I'll work out a backstory and post some photos as the force grows.

1037116_sm-.jpg

1037119_sm-.jpg

Looks fantastic!

My metal sisters are in the same scheme except white robes. I was going to change schemes but looking at your gorgeous model I think you have convinced me to stick with red and white.

Nice work.

Great to hear! Do you have a thread/blog with your force? Be keen to see it. Good to see more Order of the Bloody Rose forces - so I can compare how others have put their schemes together. 

Excellent work on the model. What (or whose) burnt remains is the Sister stepping on?

Hey Bjorn! This Battle Sister with flamer is veteran of a particular Holy War - Exorcism of the Infected - depicted here cleansing a poxwalker of the 3rd Plague Company. May the Emperor's divine blessing shine upon this faithful servant. 

I've not done much work on my forces backstory, but have been painting up a storm. Such nice models to paint.

Taken a photo in a more true light setting below.

5 Battle Sisters

1 Penitent Engine

1 Missionary/Preacher (Painted him a couple of weeks ago, once I got my pre-order in for the Sistes Box).

1037899-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Battle%2

Edited by vossyvo

Lovely paintjob. What red did you used to get that tone?

I'm airbrushing the base colours of the armour.

Re-teaching myself the airbrush again, wouldn't say I'm new to airbrushing, just been years since I last used one due to a long break from painting miniatures.

- Black Primer.

- Vallejo Model Air Burnt Umber. (Fairly good Coat).

- Vallejo Game Air Scarlett Red (Zenithal).

- Vallejo Game Air Bloody Red (Target high points, like tops of shoulders, extended knees, tips of feet, tops of backpack).

- Vallejo Game Air Orange Fire (Highlight the Bloody Red spots).

- Gloss Varnish (this step helps the wash of the next step to really flow, and not stain the main armour pannels).

- Wash the entire mini with a mix of Army Painter Dark Tone, Red Tone, Shade Medium. (gives a nice shadow to the armour joints without toning down the colour).

- During the painting process I do a highlight of some of the main edges with Vellejo Hot Orange.

Sounds lengthy, but only took me about about 1.5 hours to get all 17 power armoured minis in the box set done.

This is the armour after airbrushing & wash.

1037525_sm-.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

Bit of a break over the new year period, but sat down to start painting again today.

Planned to just get the silver & gold down on my seraphim squad, but I find once I start painting the momentum keeps going.

Got them finished up.

1042211-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Adepta%2

Here is the progress on the battle box as a whole. Would like to at least get it all done before I start picking up the new release/preorder units.

1042212-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

They look beautiful. The colors are spot on. They're gonna shine on the table top for sure. I'm also doing what you are, painting before buying, 2 battle boxes do take a while. Again, beautiful job.

Thanks Dread! I'm yet to have a game with the new codex to see them on the table, hoping they are fun to play. 

Good job.

Thanks Bjorn.

Absolutely stunning! I love them :wub: Once you've finished with the box what are your next plans model-wise? I think a vehicle in your colour scheme would look epic :yes:

Hey Arkaniss. Thanks for the comments.

Yeah am thinking a vehicle after the box. At some point I'll get one of the new Exorcists as a centrepeice, but was going to start with restoring this old tank. Not yet decided if it will be a Rhino or an Immolator. Guess I could even do some major and have a go at turning it into Exorcist, would need to scratch build a platform and turn the old rockets into the Exorcist Missle Launchers. 

Ambitious given the state of it, got it thrown in free on mini trade over 8 years ago, never known what to do with it.

1042428_sm-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great work! Really nice to see Taddeus beside sisters.

Will you be adding Pious Vorne as well? She'd look great with some Repentia and/or Arcos.

Yes I have Pious Vorne as well, unpainted at the moment. I was just on battlescribe and didn't realise there was actually rules and point cost for both Vorne and Taddeus. I was going to use them as "count as" units but can actually play them!

Exorcists are a must have for sisters

Watched a few bat reps and you are right! I'll need to pick one up. 

Slowly working throug the rest of the battle box, I got the Repentia Squad, and Repentia Superior finished off.

Looking to do the Cannoness next.

1044241-Order%20Of%20The%20Bloody%20Rose

• 2 weeks later...

Looking really nice and you’re quick !

Thanks Anamnesis. I saw your own force coming together. No where near your level at this point.

I've also finished up a few more items.

Canoness and my Arco Flagellant squad.

Enjoyed painting both these items.

1045879-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1045878-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

The force is growing!!

1045107-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely work and the group shot looks great :thumbsup: Always nice to see an army coming together over time, and army shots help show all the progress made :biggrin.:

Thanks Arkaniss!

I've managed to finish up the whole of the SoB Box set now. So bit of a milestone. I've been participating in the Facing The Unknown challenge which has helped.

Finishing the box set lets me buy the next part of the army as well (self imposed rule to paint what I have before purchasing more). Should have more to come soon!

1047060_sm-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order

1047062_sm-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order

1047061_sm-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order

1047063_sm-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order

1047065_sm-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order

1047064_sm-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order