Bloody Rose - Mission of Saint Aspira

vossyvo

Finishing the box set lets me buy the next part of the army as well (self imposed rule to paint what I have before purchasing more).

Ah, hobby nirvana! :biggrin.: That is an excellent rule to have and well done on keeping to it! Sadly I've only kept to it myself for one army :sweat: Painting challenges are a fantastic way of motivating yourself, that and upcoming games :teehee: 

Congratulations on finishing the box set too and on such wonderful models. They all look amazing and seeing them all together must feel very rewarding! The PE looks great as well, I wasn't a big fan of them initially but over time I've started to warm up to them. Seeing painted ones like yours helps considerably there ;)

What are your next plans?

An Exorcist (with Missile Launchers)! 

I'd also like to use any spare parts in the kit to jazz up the old Rhino I have to give it a SoB feel, but I'm not that hopeful looking at the Exorcist sprues on the GW site - doesn't seem to have many spare bits.

Really can't beat army shots, great stuff - now you need to aim to get the army too big for a single picture... :laugh.::wink:

Yes! :yes:

I want to get the SoB army to the size of my Templar Crusade, which I recently stopped work on to start the Sisters force.

Got ideas to eventually build a Faith and Fury themed display tile for both the armies to sit on (done a bit of research online for inspiration, and there is lots of great terrain for making an open front Cathedral).

Went with the Order of the Bloody Rose so the armour would contrast with the Templars once I get to that point.

Big image below, but this the BT half of it.

1029008-Black%20Templars%20Army%2C%20Bla

WIP of the Sororitas Rhino, painting it first to get my scheme right for the vehicles before I start the exorcist.

Have got the base tones down, and oil wash drying.

Not sure if I need some black panels on it? is it too much red?

I was 50/50 about the Flag, then I remembered how crazy some of the other models in the new range look - so thought lets do it!

This was a restoration of an old rhino.

Once the oil drys I need to get more detailing down, a few transfers and some weathering pigments.

Before

1042428_sm-.jpg

After 

1047370_sm-Order%20Of%20The%20Bloody%20R

1047371_sm-Order%20Of%20The%20Bloody%20R

The color work and antiquing is beautiful. The execution is perfect.

The questions:

Are you planning on putting exhaust stacks or use flame braziers like on the new ones?

What are the front headlights? A double stack perhaps?

A comment. I love that you used the tail light piece on the front. I did the same thing on the front of my conversions of exorcist and rhino. I also love the original chassis you used. I was glad I had so many left over pieces from that time.

Can't wait to see more of your army.

• 4 weeks later...
Excellent and inspirational army you have there! I have some old sisters im considering painting as Bloody rose (something other than DA). Seriously impressive work on the rhino restoration - you could put it on Pimp my ride lol

Thanks guys!

I'm still going to paint more but need to organise a delivery of minis during the closures here.

Will work something out to get some more Sisters on the painting table.

Hey Everyone!

So I got the restored MK1 Sororitas Rhino finished up.

I also painted up Pious Vorne today, if Taddeus was in the force it made sense for Vorne to follow soon after.

The Rhino's red lost some of its lustre after sealing everything in with a light varnish - but still pretty happy with it - it was a good project to get my colour scheme down for the future vehicles without needing to trial and error on one of the more expensive kits.

Decided not to go with weathering powders at this stage.

I would still really like to stick some flame braziers ontop of the exhaust stacks - it would really make it pop - but not sure where to get some without buying 2 or 3 of the Salamander Primaris upgrade kits. If anyone knows of 3rd parties that sell these please let me know.

1054839-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054843-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054842-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054841-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054840-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

Hey Everyone!

So I got the restored MK1 Sororitas Rhino finished up.

I also painted up Pious Vorne today, if Taddeus was in the force it made sense for Vorne to follow soon after.

The Rhino's red lost some of its lustre after sealing everything in with a light varnish - but still pretty happy with it - it was a good project to get my colour scheme down for the future vehicles without needing to trial and error on one of the more expensive kits.

Decided not to go with weathering powders at this stage.

I would still really like to stick some flame braziers ontop of the exhaust stacks - it would really make it pop - but not sure where to get some without buying 2 or 3 of the Salamander Primaris upgrade kits. If anyone knows of 3rd parties that sell these please let me know.

1054839-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054843-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054842-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054841-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

1054840-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Order%20

The rhino looks great :D Gave me some inspiration for my Immolators. Mine while be sacred rose tho.

It shows how small details can make a big difference.

So, I started the Exorcist last night.

Seems like a great kit - but the assembly really showed just how much detail there is on this tank - it is very intimidating to get started on. 

I paint decently quick, and don’t usually hit a painting wall, but I was on the verge of shelving it for the penitent engine kit I bought (and that still may happen).

Got as much as possible done with the airbrush. So, most of the main block colours are down.

Went extreme with the contrast between Black/Red, since I thought the Rhino could have gone a bit further with it.

There is a light gloss varnish over the top at this stage to seal everything in, so it looks a litter glossier than it will end up.

Plan from here is hit what I can with contrast paints and further base colours, then oil wash the entire thing to do the higlighting for me rather than by hand/brush. 

Re-seal after that, and touch up some of the finer details with brush work from there.

1055865-Adepta%20Sororitas%2C%20Adepta%2

• 3 months later...