Was having a wee think about what I would imagine CSM legion traits to be, if GW decides to follow the path of SM...which is absolutly should as its so frigging cool.
There are 2 thoughts behind my decisions.
1) Fluff should always trump strength (to an extent)
2) I have always imagined that the CSM should be somewhat stronger than CSM, BUT, should have inbuilt negatives to their lists. They have chosen to follow the paths of the dark gods and as such should be both blessed and cursed by them.
Anyway, here are my thoughts.
1st off cultits (& poxwalkers) should not benefit from any legion trait...they are cannon fodder and dont last long enough to recieve the anywhere near enoug training required.
Also they should get different benefits to the marks of chaos that normal CSM would get...they are not quite devoted enough to recieve the full benefits.
Marks of Chaos
- +1 Attack
- Re-roll hit rolls of 1s in combat (Cultits)
- +1 Thoughness (Infantry, Bikers, Characters and Hellbrutes Only)
- Re-roll 1s to wounds in shooting (Cultists)
- 5+ Invun/+1 to Invun Saves (Max 3++ on Infantry and Bikers, Max 4++ on everything else)
- Re-roll saving throws of 1 (Cultists)
- Always strike 1st in combat
- Re-roll 1s to wound in combat (Cultists)
- Re-roll failed Ld (Both CSM & Cultits...they are not worshipping any god yet)
If all units in an army all have the same mark, then bezerkers, plaguemarines etc may be taken as troops. So pure khorne army may take bezerkers as troops.
Icon of Chaos
- Re-roll failed charges
- Enemy units within 7" Always strike last in combat
- Roll a D6 for enemy units within 9"...on a 6 they take a mortal wound
- DTTFE works against any opponent, not just imperium.
- +1 Ld
Stratagem - 1CP
Before the battle, any Icon may be upgraded for 1CP.
If the bearer is on the table at the START of the movment phase, reinforments may arrive within 6" of this bearer and more than 1" away from enemy units, regardless of other modifiers. All units must be within 6" when set up and still count as arriving from reserve for all other rules.
- Unmodified wound rolls of 6+ in combat are AP-4, unless it would be better (world eaters specific)
- Butchers Nails: 6+++ in combat (universal)
Doctrine (All units in army must be Khorne & World Eaters)
- Re-roll failed hit rolls in combat
- Any psychic test cast on a world eaters unit, or within 8" of a world eaters unit is automaticly denied on a D6 roll of 4+
- No psykers
- Must declare a charge if there is atleast 1 enemy unit within 8" (does not have to be on the closest unit however)
- Re-roll failed wound rolls with plague weapons (Death Guard specific)
- Do not suffer penatly for advance and firing assault weapons (Universal)
- DR: Every model gets 5+++
- Blight Bombardment: Every model equiped with a grenade may fire instead of firing a weapon.
Slow and Purposeful
- -1 to movement and half advance rolls
- Re-roll 1 failed saving through per unit per phase (EC Specific)
- +2 Advance and Charge (universal)
- Flawless Perfection: Re-roll 1 hit and wound roll per unit per phase
- Roll 2D6 for each unit in combat, if it is higher than Ld, enemy gets +1 to hit
Also Noise Marines get a new rule.
Sound of the apocalypse: When shooting at a unit that has been already been shot by another noise marine squad, all sonic weapons get +1S and -1Ap (Max 3 for both)
- Do not increase the casting of smite
- +1 to Cast & Deny (Univeral)
- +1 to armour saves vs D1 & 2 weapons
Masters of the Warp?
- Take a mortal wound each time a unit fails to cast one or more psychic tests
Also, any character or hellbrute may become a level 1 psyker for 15points, can cast/deny 1power/turn
- Always count as stationary when firing bolter weapons & all bolter weapons gain an additional -1AP
- May always advance the full distance (Universal)
- DTTFE triggers on a 4+
- May fall back from combat and shoot. All non assult weapons suffer a -1 to hit when doing so
Terminators may be taken as troops
- Hidden in the Shaddows: Units in cover gain a additional +1 to cover saves
- Raptor Strike: Units arriving from reserve may re-roll failed hits that turn (universal)
- +1 to hit in combat if Ld is higher than enemy in combat
- +1 to wound in combat if you outnumber the enemy
- Always lose an additional model when failing a Ld to moral
Also, raptors may be taken as troops in a pure night lords army.
And a new weapon: Nostroman Chain Glave - Can replace a chainsword or chainaxe for 1ppm. S:U Ap:- D:1 Can make an extra attack with the weapon. A unmodifed wound roll of 6+ is resolved at Ap-3 and D:2
- Ignores cover saves
- Re-roll wound rolls of 1 vs buildings and vehicles in shooting. (Universal)
- Does not suffer the penatly for moving and shooting heavy weapons
- Cold: Units autmatically pass moral
Still a few things I dont know about, and have left blank.
Let me know what you guys think.
Edited by jgascoine011, 02 December 2019 - 09:15 PM.