Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adepticon 2020 - Something big incoming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Elijah

Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
There is some strong indications on the french warhammer forum that GW is preparing a massive announcement (the biggest since AoS) for 40K in March at the Adepticon.
Nobody knows what it is but some of our reliable rumourmongers said there is a disturbance in the force.
Something is coming and it's not just a new edition.

Edited by Elijah, 02 December 2019 - 10:24 PM.

• sfPanzer likes this

signature.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,645 posts

Colour me intrigued.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,767 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Don't mind me, just getting a word in before the 493 Primarch prediction posts that will inevitably follow this rumour. :P

• Blindhamster, Black Blow Fly, Ldorte and 9 others like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,573 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

This is clearly the earth shattering return of DORN-NOUGHT to challenge PERTURABO, ALPHA-OBLITERATOR into an Iron Cage rematch. Guilliman can sit in the sidelines this time.

• Doctor Perils, viewasjack, Red_Shift and 3 others like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Elijah

Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Don't mind me, just getting a word in before the 493 Primarch prediction posts that will inevitably follow this rumour. tongue.png

As a reminder PA6 "Saga of the Beast" will be out in March (rumored on our forum to be Space Wolves vs Orks).
Does the Adepticon announcement has something to do with PA6 (return of Leman Russ ?) or would it be larger than that i do not know.

Edited by Elijah, 02 December 2019 - 10:02 PM.

signature.jpg

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch
Following Orks vs Wolves in PA6, Ghaz vs Russ and 8.5 edition I’d guess
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights.
For the Emperor!

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,438 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Maybe it's just 9th and it's actually massive?

Don't mind me, just getting a word in before the 493 Primarch prediction posts that will inevitably follow this rumour. tongue.png

In before Valrak, you mean? biggrin.png

Edited by Excessus, 02 December 2019 - 10:03 PM.

• Marshal Loss, Majorbookworm, Halandaar and 2 others like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,416 posts
Prime-orks.

ETA: But seriously (or am I already...), 9th Edition as a clean-up level revision of the current Rulebook and to make a new starter is pretty no-brainer. So we are probably looking at what the next stage of Psychic Awakening is going to be, and it’s going to escalate from the current stage-setting releases with like a random HQ here and there.

Edited by wildweasel, 02 December 2019 - 10:12 PM.

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,267 posts
Waaaagghhhhhh beasttttt

Angryyy rooooooonnnn

Russsddddd
banana

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 406 posts
Man, why can’t LVO get all the love. Stupid Adepticon gets all the attention.

Hopefully we’ll get some sort of sneak peak early there.

With all the talk of GWs new production in the UK about to be operational I think it may be time for the flood gates to open.

Massive squatting of the old lines and a huge release of new minis for everyone!
  • Elijah likes this

Elijah

Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

According to the rumors up until now, 9th should be more of a 8.5th edition than a big shake up.
  • Sonoftherubric21 likes this

signature.jpg

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,767 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

According to the rumors up until now, 9th should be more of a 8.5th edition than a big shake up.

The two rumours aren't necessarily incongruous if the rules are more of a consolidation of the 8th ruleset, with only minor changes, but there is a seismic shift in the narrative's metaplot.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Elijah

Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

The two rumours aren't necessarily incongruous if the rules are more of a consolidation of the 8th ruleset, with only minor changes, but there is a seismic shift in the narrative's metaplot.

Agree, 9th should not be a big shake up rulewise but regarding the plot GW wants to move forward and could increase the pace even further.

Some of the speculation on the French board before the thread was taking down included the revival of the Emperor himself but i think it's too early for that, even if the current psychic awakening of the human race accross the Imperium could be of significant importance for a being that is maintained alive with psychic energy.

Edited by Elijah, 02 December 2019 - 10:51 PM.

signature.jpg

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,106 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Yeah, but GW’s marketing department are going to push it like it’s the greatest thing since the invention of plastic.
  • Triszin, Master Commander Ajax, Marshal Loss and 6 others like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,364 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter
Interesting.

I’ll actually be at Adepticon this year, so maybe I should look to attend...
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer, Master Commander Ajax and Mr4Minutes like this
gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
Hope it’s not Russ.

Probably 9th edition announcement.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Considering how GW overhype everything as AMAZING and EPIC and BLOW YOUR MIND YOU MUST WATCH, 9th edition being 'bigger than AoS 2E' does sound like a way they'd hype it up.

I'm sure their finance department see it as bigger.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,645 posts

Agree, 9th should not be a big shake up rulewise but regarding the plot GW wants to move forward and could increase the pace even further.

Some of the speculation on the French board before the thread was taking down included the revival of the Emperor himself but i think it's too early for that, even if the current psychic awakening of the human race accross the Imperium could be of significant importance for a being that is maintained alive with psychic energy.

Maybe I'm putting too much stock onto the wording "biggest thing since AoS", which would suggest something very larged indeed. Far larger than but the announcement of another primarch, which is what I had been expecting for a while. While such an announcement would certainly be big, it has already had its thunder stolen to some degree by the fact that we had a first primarch a while back. It couldn't really top that, by definition.

But Emp's returning is a whole 'nother level of jumping the shark, holy crud does that sound far fetched. It's also true that they overhyped PA something fierce, so might be the case here too (then again, this isn't even their wording, now is it?

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,267 posts

im just taking it as  " BIGGEST EVER"

in GW speak as of late = " Beast Ghaz and Angron" Boy they are THE BIGGEST THINGS.

also giants for aos.

that means summer 2020 is literally the biggest* ever! GIANTS, BEASTS, and ANGRON OH mY

*biggest models

** biggest as in large infantry models

***not titans but sorta

GW lost the control rod for the hype train and it builds to much moment and GW doesnt course correct, instead they cheer it on

Edited by Triszin, 02 December 2019 - 11:57 PM.

banana

Majorbookworm

Majorbookworm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 139 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warrirors

'Super' Primaris!

• Master Commander Ajax, Tylydox and FelipeFlops like this

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 499 posts
I would be personally happy with the Emps coming back.

If it is 9th I do hope they bring in alternative activation and please bring back weapons skill...

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

'Super' Primaris!

Please don't give them ideas.
  • Master Commander Ajax, Majorbookworm, OgreOnAStick and 2 others like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,051 posts

Interesting. I wonder if that's why they've been hyping up AdeptiCon quite early this time.

Considering how GW overhype everything as AMAZING and EPIC and BLOW YOUR MIND YOU MUST WATCH, 9th edition being 'bigger than AoS 2E' does sound like a way they'd hype it up.

I'm sure their finance department see it as bigger.

While I agree with you that GW have a tendency to always hype every Studio Preview as "THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT EVER", the curious thing here is that this isn't coming from GW, but French hobbyists with, supposedly, insider info. So one would assume the hype talk would be filtered out of the rumour mill.

Still, given the recent rumours and how I personally see things going, it probably is 9th Edition. But however, as we can assume it'll be similar to AoS 2.0 in that it won't change the rules that much and be compatible with previous Codices, the most interesting part in my opinion is what 9th Edition will bring in terms of models. We've heard about either Orks or Necrons taking the spotlight this time, so if any of those rumours turn out to be true, it'll hopefully be a great start to an Edition, model-wise.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 December 2019 - 12:21 AM.

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,665 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Release of world eaters versus close combat Primaris and new Imperial Guard...

More likely a massive... Price increase! :P
  • MegaVolt87 likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts

An obligatory "Plastic Thunderhawk!!!!11" post.

• derLumpi and templargdt like this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)