Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adepticon 2020 - Something big incoming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,436 posts

Hmmm... How about Big as in ship-sized Big? Boom, BFG out of the blue!

I’m thinking about that too.
But I’d rather they ease back on things I’ll want till I catch up with my current projects and a variety of releases I’ve not yet got. I guess the Mechanicus fleet will take a little while before coming out.

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,084 posts
  • Faction: BT/CF/Orks/AS/IG/etc

Meh. The WHC article just says the Preview event itself will be the biggest and best and that there are majestic reveals - in other business as usual. That's not at all the same as the French rumor which was pointing more to a single huge focal point thingie.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,833 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
It might be literal (the biggest thing in five years) the warlord came out five years ago or it might be metaphorical (big as in scale) and it’s the announcement of Epic.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

its also not clear if its something big for 40k (the game) rather than 40k (the setting as a whole)

Elijah

Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

its also not clear if its something big for 40k (the game) rather than 40k (the setting as a whole)

Pretty sure it's about the game itself but not 100% sure either.

signature.jpg

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,028 posts

Having actually read the GW post now i'm in the "actually something literally big" camp. So expanding Titanicus to be the new Epic or Primaris Imperial Knights, something along those lines.

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 603 posts

For me, it's the announcement of the new big box v8 2.0 of 40K for summer 2020. (I don't beleive v9, I was hoping a v9 with some Apocalypse rules like "alternate activation" and "deads at the end of turn" but recent publications lead to v8 2.0 , unfortunately).

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,271 posts
I'm in camp: it's models that are big.

Beast ghaz
Angron
Overlord
Giants
Warpup titan
  • Slave to Darkness and Lhorke The First like this
banana

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

With the upcoming release of the Triumph of St. Katharine, I find it conceivable that big models (nut just large monster, but also diorama-like models) will become a bigger larger more important part of the game. So I am taking 'something big is coming' quite literally.

• Doctor Perils likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists

Men of Iron are back and have been building their forces in secret. Screencap this.

This would be insane. I love it. 

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png49052046522_1a3e39f3d8_n.jpg

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

"There is only the Emperor, he is our shield and protector!"

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,139 posts
It's such a baseless, deliberately open statement. Christ on a bike.

They can literally take any reasonably important reveal from the event and go "I was right!". It doesn't contribute anything of worth to the community beyond hyping people over something that's more than likely non-existent.

I still feel like rumours without actual content related to them, i.e. pictures (ala Mortarion, Magnus, Primaris and so on) ought to be banned. There's no way to verify if they are actually real or just some bored troll spitballing.
  • Nazgob likes this

mkbKIlr.png

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,192 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
Oh boy months of useless speculation. The most vague rumor ever.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,570 posts

=][= Given the vagueness of this particular rumour and the lack of additional details as of yet, this thread is now closed until new rumours come to light. =][=

• Isinfier, Imeran, sfPanzer and 1 other like this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.pngtn_gallery_45765_15430_660.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users