Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Reveal] Psychic Awakening: next three book titles

Psychic Awakening series

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,087 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

I would LOVE to get a Death Guard supplement soon. They haven't had any new rules in over two years, which I believe is by far the longest any army has gone without an update in 8th edition at this point. They really suffer from outdated / bad design issues for a lot of things in the army, ranging from units (Plague Surgeon) to a real lack of stratagems, relics, etc. The new Chapter Approved points cuts help, but a lot of units are still not attractive (Plague Marines) or are good but too expensive and need soup support (Mortarion, Blightlord Terminators).

• DuskRaider and Spagunk like this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,326 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Tau vs Tau.

I think it would be neat if they diverged the Farsight Enclaves even further to have a true supplement-worthy sub/secondary faction with a different playstyle.

• Papa Nurgle 82 likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Tau vs Tau.

I think it would be neat if they diverged the Farsight Enclaves even further to have a true supplement-worthy sub/secondary faction with a different playstyle.

A whole PA dedicated to only one army ? Won't happen.

Should be Tau vs Death Guard.

• TheFinisher4Ever likes this

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

While the idea of a faction going full civil war is certainly interesting, if the rumours about the number of PA Volumes are right, I don't think GW have the luxury to dedicate a whole Volume to a single faction. With Volume 4 being Dark Angels, Grey Knight and Thousand Sons, that leaves five volumes for:

- AdMech

- Imperial Guard

- Custodes

- Deathwatch

- Space Wolves

- Imperial Knights

- Chaos Knights

- Daemons

- Death Guard

- Genestealer Cults

- Orks

- Necrons

- Harlequins (I don't think Phoenix Rising covered them?)

That's quite a lot to fit in five books.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 December 2019 - 06:01 PM.

• Karhedron likes this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Deathwatch alongside Space Wolves in PA6, akin to DA/GK in PA4.

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,405 posts

While the idea of a faction going full civil war is certainly interesting, if the rumours about the number of PA Volumes are right, I don't think GW have the luxury to dedicate a whole Volume to a single faction. With Volume 4 being Dark Angels, Grey Knight and Thousand Sons, that leaves five volumes for:

- AdMech
- Imperial Guard
- Custodes
- Deathwatch
- Space Wolves
- Deathwatch
- Imperial Knights
- Chaos Knights
- Daemons
- Death Guard
- Genestealer Cults
- Orks
- Necrons
- Harlequins (I don't think Phoenix Rising covered them?)

That's quite a lot to fit in five books.

I like that you included Deathwatch twice.

I also am not convinced there couldn't be sisters related content in the later books. Wasn't there to be something for everyone as far as rules go? Timing wouldn't be any more awkward than the marine stuff in PA2 coming immediately after the supplements which came after the codex.
  • MoshJason likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

I like that you included Deathwatch twice.

I also am not convinced there couldn't be sisters related content in the later books. Wasn't there to be something for everyone as far as rules go? Timing wouldn't be any more awkward than the marine stuff in PA2 coming immediately after the supplements which came after the codex.

Editing brain fart.

As for Sisters, I don't know. They could get something more along the way, but I'm not entirely conviced they will. In any case, the point that there are plenty of factions to cram into five books still stands. There's no way they'll dedicate a Volume to just one.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

A non-imperium box? Doubtful.

Who said anything about a box to begin with? It's probably gonna be one, maybe two models if both factions get lucky.

The pattern seems to be a single witch model for a side or faction whenever it isn't a box

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,053 posts

I don't think we've seen enough examples of establish a "pattern."

• Karhedron likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 283 posts
Who says there are only 6?

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I believe it will be Tau v. Death Guard. I don't see that working out too swell for Tau.

I base this off both the artwork in the Death Guard codex and the Startide Nexus plotline. Could be wrong, but at this point I don't know who else Death Guard would be battling considering most other forces have been spoken for in released or upcoming books. This would also mean Chaos Knights are also involved, unless they're placed with Thousand Sons (which is a possibility since I believe Imperial Knights also haven't been mentioned).

The Startide Nexus and Death Guard involvement is a notable plot hook for the T'au, but not more then that. GW could develop it further, or it could not.

For example, after the fall of Cadia all background material pointed at Agripinaa as the new battlefront between Imperium and Chaos. Then this plot hook became dormant as suddenly we have got the war for Vigilius. Which ends with a plot hook about Sangua Terra.

So far we cannot clearly place the Astra Militarum and AdMech in any of the upcoming Psychic Awakening books, and since especially the former is the classic foil to the T'au (what better way to showcase those enlightened, civilized, efficient, smart T'au than compare them with flawed humans), I fear we'll get another Nth Sphere Expansion battle.

And it could just as easily be the plot of a supplement as it is a snip in the codex. Like I said, the Death Guard codex has an entire spread of the Legion butchering Tau. Kinda dumb to shoot it down when there's no evidence to prove otherwise and at least SOME evidence to show Tau and Death Guard are currently engaged in a campaign...

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,926 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

A non-imperium box? Doubtful.

Who said anything about a box to begin with? It's probably gonna be one, maybe two models if both factions get lucky.
The pattern seems to be a single witch model for a side or faction whenever it isn't a box

I thought the same but pa1 was pheonix's and both sides got one, which breaks the rule and we only have 3 examples. So it's hard to say what they intend to do.
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,548 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Tau vs Tau.

A whole PA dedicated to only one army ? Won't happen.

Book one. Eldar vs Eldar.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

Eldar vs Dark eldar = two armies and has been for a long time. Tau however is one army with a divergent subfaction.. It would be comparable to Imperial fists vs Black templars and its not going to happen on this scale.

• Shinespider and Panzer like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,424 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Eldar vs Dark eldar = two armies and has been for a long time. Tau however is one army with a divergent subfaction.. It would be comparable to Imperial fists vs Black templars and its not going to happen on this scale.

Farsight enclave break away from main tau is very possible. Farsight has no ethereals in his faction ? Also Necrons are just begging for the return of the Silent King, or another Ctan that could do something to bring back deciever and nightbringer, make moves to free void dragon ctan etc. Plenty of scope for Xenos civil wars. Heck even a prime ork to be a rival for Gaz on his way to be a prime ork himself etc. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,053 posts

They wouldn't call the book "The Greater Good" purely because that's a thing the Tau say. The actual events of the story have to involve some kind of compromise being made in pursuit of larger goals. I'm assuming a Tau/Imperium team-up, or possibly Tau/Necron?

Edited by Shinespider, 04 December 2019 - 01:54 AM.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,424 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

They wouldn't call the book "The Greater Good" purely because that's a thing the Tau say. The actual events of the story have to involve some kind of compromise being made in pursuit of larger goals. I'm assuming a Tau/Imperium team-up, or possibly Tau/Necron?

Well we have had BA/Necron tag team and UM/Tau team ups, those could always be revisited again I suppose.... 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,640 posts

The arguable great frustration is that the fluff development in the first two books has been very weak. They've been mainly army updates with a dash of story development. Assuming the remaining books follow the same pattern I can only conclude that it's a bunch of buffs to encourage spending before 9th hits. The sadness here is that the fluff is so limited that the books won't be worth keeping for especially long depending on how significant 8.5/9th ed changes are. Combine the PA books with the Marine supplements and there's a huge potential for backlash depending on redundant all these books are in an edition that was designed to cut down book bloat.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,548 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Nothing stopping GW from making the sub faction an army in its own right. 

• 01RTB01 likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,405 posts

I believe it will be Tau v. Death Guard. I don't see that working out too swell for Tau.

I base this off both the artwork in the Death Guard codex and the Startide Nexus plotline. Could be wrong, but at this point I don't know who else Death Guard would be battling considering most other forces have been spoken for in released or upcoming books. This would also mean Chaos Knights are also involved, unless they're placed with Thousand Sons (which is a possibility since I believe Imperial Knights also haven't been mentioned).

The Startide Nexus and Death Guard involvement is a notable plot hook for the T'au, but not more then that. GW could develop it further, or it could not.

For example, after the fall of Cadia all background material pointed at Agripinaa as the new battlefront between Imperium and Chaos. Then this plot hook became dormant as suddenly we have got the war for Vigilius. Which ends with a plot hook about Sangua Terra.

So far we cannot clearly place the Astra Militarum and AdMech in any of the upcoming Psychic Awakening books, and since especially the former is the classic foil to the T'au (what better way to showcase those enlightened, civilized, efficient, smart T'au than compare them with flawed humans), I fear we'll get another Nth Sphere Expansion battle.
And it could just as easily be the plot of a supplement as it is a snip in the codex. Like I said, the Death Guard codex has an entire spread of the Legion butchering Tau. Kinda dumb to shoot it down when there's no evidence to prove otherwise and at least SOME evidence to show Tau and Death Guard are currently engaged in a campaign...

We also have a similar spread in the new Sisters codex.

I think Death Guard certainly make sense, though.
  • DuskRaider likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
Yeah. Honestly after seeing the list of unmentioned factions so far I'm uncertain now. I think Chaos v. Xenos would be a welcome departure, be it Death Guard battling Tau or even Genestealer Cult. It would break the mould.

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,895 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Yeah, a chaos Vs Xenos book would be most welcome - what would also be welcome is more development on the different "allied races" of the Tau empire (ie Kroot, Vespids, Demiurg etc.) - has there been any mention of potential psykers amid the Kroot perhaps? That could be an interesting special character imo
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Nothing stopping GW from making the sub faction an army in its own right. 

This. Plus it's very wrong to think they could only split off sub-factions if they were in a war-struggle with each other. The "vs" part was in no way necessary for Thousand Sons and Death Guard to be split off of the "CSM" bulk. It could be an in-between of political incompatibility and Farsight just buggering off to further his own agenda but still in the spirit of serving all T'au, akin to Magnus and Mortarion for Chaos.

Edited by Imeran, 04 December 2019 - 09:03 AM.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts

Yeah, a chaos Vs Xenos book would be most welcome - what would also be welcome is more development on the different "allied races" of the Tau empire (ie Kroot, Vespids, Demiurg etc.) - has there been any mention of potential psykers amid the Kroot perhaps? That could be an interesting special character imo

Aren't Shapers Psykers of some sort? I would love to see the Kroot army make a comeback.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Aren't Shapers Psykers of some sort? I would love to see the Kroot army make a comeback.

Nah Shapers are just leaders. However Kroot do have Shamans which are psykers. They just don't exist rules-wise unfortunately.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users