Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Reveal] Psychic Awakening: next three book titles

Psychic Awakening series

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,425 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Yeah, a chaos Vs Xenos book would be most welcome - what would also be welcome is more development on the different "allied races" of the Tau empire (ie Kroot, Vespids, Demiurg etc.) - has there been any mention of potential psykers amid the Kroot perhaps? That could be an interesting special character imo

Aren't Shapers Psykers of some sort? I would love to see the Kroot army make a comeback.

Nah Shapers are just leaders. However Kroot do have Shamans which are psykers. They just don't exist rules-wise unfortunately.

Did they ever? Because I could have sworn they had a Psyker unit in their standalone codex.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,687 posts

The arguable great frustration is that the fluff development in the first two books has been very weak. They've been mainly army updates with a dash of story development. Assuming the remaining books follow the same pattern I can only conclude that it's a bunch of buffs to encourage spending before 9th hits. The sadness here is that the fluff is so limited that the books won't be worth keeping for especially long depending on how significant 8.5/9th ed changes are. Combine the PA books with the Marine supplements and there's a huge potential for backlash depending on redundant all these books are in an edition that was designed to cut down book bloat.

You mean like the Wrath of Magnus and Gathering Storm books? It's not like GW don't have form for bashing out suppliments when they know there is a new edition in the works.

Having said that, I don't believe 9th edition will be a breaking change the way 8th was. I think it will be a consolidation of all the changes and errata that have accumulated over the last 3 years with a few tweaks that the Devs decide to make. I am pretty certain that the core rules will be basically the same and that all the existing codices and supplements will still be valid. I see PA as a way to give every faction a bit of a mid-life upgrade while we wait to 9th to drop. Whether PA end with galaxy-changing events the way Gathering Storm did remains to be seen. Early indications are that nothing on the same scale is in the works. The books have a dash of fluff progression and some rules to represent that. I think that most of the background advancement is actually happening in the BL novels (e.g. "Darkness in the Blood" for Mephiston and the Blood Angels). The PA books just give enough of a summary to tie the rules into that.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,687 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Nah Shapers are just leaders. However Kroot do have Shamans which are psykers. They just don't exist rules-wise unfortunately.

Did they ever? Because I could have sworn they had a Psyker unit in their standalone codex.
Perhaps they could get a stratagem in a similar vein to the ChapterMasters/ChiefApothecaries to convert a shaper into a shaman?
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users