Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Rumour] Adeptus Mechanicus: Skitarii heavy infantry

Adeptus Mechanicus faction

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,027 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

The other AdMech transport got released without any big book alongside it as well.

It was, but I got the sense that both it and the Astartes' Executioner were bumped up from their slots as part of support waves in 2020 so that GW could pretend they actually had some tie-in products for the Apocalypse release. The Executioner was really a square peg among this year's Vanguard releases and the Skorpius could very well have been planned for release alongside the Archaeopter and the Hephaestons, plus whatever else.

Hephaestons?

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 03 December 2019 - 12:49 PM.
Edited title and tags.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

The other AdMech transport got released without any big book alongside it as well.

It was, but I got the sense that both it and the Astartes' Executioner were bumped up from their slots as part of support waves in 2020 so that GW could pretend they actually had some tie-in products for the Apocalypse release. The Executioner was really a square peg among this year's Vanguard releases and the Skorpius could very well have been planned for release alongside the Archaeopter and the Hephaestons, plus whatever else.

Hephaestons?

Heavy Skitarii, according to the designers' sketchbook which was shown alongside the Skorpius model. They were stated to take up twice as many slots in the transport as regular Skitarii.

• Noserenda, Marshal Rohr, RedFox and 1 other like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 983 posts

Hephaestons?

Heavy Skitarii, according to the designers' sketchbook which was shown alongside the Skorpius model. They were stated to take up twice as many slots in the transport as regular Skitarii.

Oh yeah, I’d forgotten about them! Man, my hopes are starting to rise on a decent AdMech release but you just know I’m going to be disappointed...

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 627 posts

Hephaestons?

I missed this entirely.  Do you have a link you could PM to any info/sketches of these guys?

• RedFox likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,027 posts

Hephaestons?

You’ve made me a very, very happy man.
  • Lord Nord likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Hephaestons?

I missed this entirely.  Do you have a link you could PM to any info/sketches of these guys?

http://www.bolterand...ming/?p=5314008 (PM'd also).

(I misremembered the spelling slightly, which may have interfered with the Google Fu of anyone attempting to investigate. It's "Hepheston," not "Hephaeston.")

Edited by Lord Nord, 01 December 2019 - 04:02 AM.

• DeadFingers and Red_Shift like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,126 posts

(I misremembered the spelling slightly, which may have interfered with the Google Fu of anyone attempting to investigate. It's "Hepheston," not "Hephaeston.")

Excuse me, but does that say "Energy Howitzer"?

Curious that the weapons seem to be mounted like on the Kataphrons, rather than carried. And I see the Manipulus' Tesla Lance in there too. Hopefully that model gets a standalone kit with this release.

Edited by DeadFingers, 01 December 2019 - 05:47 AM.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Excuse me, but does that say "Energy Howitzer"?

Curious that the weapons seem to be mounted like on the Kataphrons, rather than carried. And I see the Manipulus' Tesla Lance in there too. Hopefully that model gets a standalone kit with this release.

Yeah, the page has several AdMech weapons designs, it's not restricted to just the Hepheston stuff. As to the mounted look, my assumption is that they would do that for balance, since the Skitarii aren't as strong as Astartes and thus it wouldn't be as easy for them to carry and fire heavy weapons as it would for the Devastators.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,126 posts

Yeah, the page has several AdMech weapons designs, it's not restricted to just the Hepheston stuff. As to the mounted look, my assumption is that they would do that for balance, since the Skitarii aren't as strong as Astartes and thus it wouldn't be as easy for them to carry and fire heavy weapons as it would for the Devastators.

The thing is that now that I've seen the way the weapons are sketched, and with the idea that these Hephestons are supposedly heavy Skitarii, I'm just picturing the FW Myrmidons. They definitely fit the bill. Also wouldn't say no to more Volkites in 40k. I love me some Volkites.

99590108095_MyrmidonDestructors06.jpg

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 03 December 2019 - 12:46 PM.
Removed off-topic content.

• Sandlemad and Dosjetka like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts
Studio designers have said that they concept a lot of stuff when working on a Faction so they have a large pool to choose from and develop into kits, both for the initial range release and for future expansions. So just because there are sketches and concepts doesn’t mean models are happening soon, or even ever.

Edited by wildweasel, 01 December 2019 - 06:08 AM.

• Amadeo likes this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,661 posts
  • Faction: Badab War Belligerents, T'au

=][= This is a topic with posts split off from another, bigger thread. Some posts might have been lost in the split/move for which I apologise. Now, please stick to the topic at hand (i.e. the rumoured Skitarii heavy infantry). =][=

gallery_45765_12339_109730.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,710 posts
Can't say this wouldn't pique my interest!

I think with the Manipulus, Deadalosus, Dunerider, Scorpius, Three variants on the new Flyer and seemingly Heavy/ Flying Skitarii coming the Ad Mech are due a *second wave* akin to the Genestealer Cults got. Super exciting.

I would love the Reductor or Cybernetica to get some more love though!

And if the studio also coincided it with rules for the Forge World models that would certainly get my cogitators whirring.
  • Battybattybats likes this

RedemptionNL

RedemptionNL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,574 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I wouldn't expect Deadalosus to receive any future updates or codex inclusions.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,916 posts

Skitarii Alpha also required

• Battybattybats likes this

Jacques Corbin

Jacques Corbin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,650 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
So, what are we talking for Heavy Skitarii? Shock troops, or Hellblasters/Devastator analogues, or Aggressor/Terminator analogues?

Also, yes to more CHOOM!

Do you think they will have bodyguard rules for characters? That would be great if the could intercept wounds for characters, 5+ save vs the mortal wound, and have 2 or 3 wounds per model.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 988 posts

It'll be interesting how they handle it. Admech already has a solid heavy infantry option with the Kataphrons. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,490 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Oooh Heavy Skitarii and maybe a Skitarii character would be *drool* 

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

It'll be interesting how they handle it. Admech already has a solid heavy infantry option with the Kataphrons. 

Yep - going by the notes in Jes' sketchbook, the Hephestons would already be differentiated by being able to board the Dunerider. Not sure about the flyer as that would require either the note about a 5-max capacity to be reconsidered or the Hephestons' taking up 2 slots to have been rethought.

The Hephestons might also be able to benefit from a special squad leader ability like the Eliminator Sergeant's Instigator loadout or the Suppressor Sergeant's Smoke Launcher option. 

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,027 posts
I hope they aren’t too servitor like and are more like up armored Skitarii.
  • Doctor Perils, MARK0SIAN and quasistellar like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 983 posts
I guess our best case sample size for such a release is GSC 2nd wave? What was that: abherants, jackals, buggy and 4 characters?

So Heavy Skitarii, Archeoptor, whatever the wings belong to, TPM and a few other characters like Skitarii Alpha?

I’d be very happy with that but GW enjoys disappointing me on the AdMech front...
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 426 posts
T4 2 wound skitarii with some exotic weaponry and a close combat variant please, thanks.

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
I really would love to see a skitarii alpha. I’m still surprised one didn’t make it into 8th Ed given skitarii was a stand-alone army and GW arbitrarily gave out no-kit characters to other factions - e.g lieutenant. Fingers crossed.

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 426 posts
We got an enginseer instead. I'm not sure the need for a Skitarii Alpha still remains. Admech HQ choices are all very viable.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts

We got an enginseer instead. I'm not sure the need for a Skitarii Alpha still remains. Admech HQ choices are all very viable.

They exist in the fluff, so why not give them one.

A Skitarii Alpha would bring something different to the table than the other hq choice admech has.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,126 posts

Considering the name of the new flyer is Archaeopter, and that there is still something else with Da Vinci wings out there, I hope a new HQ choice is a Technoarchaeologist or Magos Explorator that looks just as funky. Certainly would fit with the whole Blackstone narrative.

The Archaeopter, some flying Skitarii, Hephestons with heavy weaponry, and a Magos Explorator/Technoarchaeologist would be a fantastic wave of models imho.

Edited by DeadFingers, 04 December 2019 - 01:10 PM.

• Magos Takatus, Dosjetka, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Mechanicus faction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users