Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Rumour] Adeptus Mechanicus: Skitarii heavy infantry

Adeptus Mechanicus faction

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,322 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
Pls GW, gimme heavy close combat skitarii. Imagine it, primaris-sized cyborgs clad in robes, swinging exotic close combat weapons at 2W 4t...
  • jeremy1391 and Bryan Blaire like this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,896 posts

Personally I don't think we'll see heavy close combat Skitarii, we have two kinds of combat Skitarii already in the Rustalkers/ Infiltraitors and then the Dragoons exist too. Breachers then kinda fill the role otherwise (except for not getting inside transports) but hey, surprise me GW!

• Panzer likes this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,006 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Pls GW, gimme heavy close combat skitarii. Imagine it, primaris-sized cyborgs clad in robes, swinging exotic close combat weapons at 2W 4t...

Isn't that more descriptive of the Auxilla Myrmidon?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more variation in Skitarii, but lorewise the AdMech has at least 2 more military branches that would be appropriate to field in a regular 40K battle (Auxilla Myrmidon and Ordo Reductor) for which GW does not make models. I would prefer these branches get their own representation before Skitarii models absorb their stated specialties. 

Edited by Quantum, 04 December 2019 - 02:01 PM.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
IIRC there are Ad Mech characters awaiting a solo release from kill team and Blackstone fortress that could bulk out an admech wave. I would love a heavy infantry release along the lines of the ordo reductor.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,322 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Admech has priests and infiltrators. I would rather they be EQ to DevCents. This is. shooting game .
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,647 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Mechanicum need more baseline human models to convert off of. A cc version and shooting version would be much better than Baby Bjorns with cogs
  • Shinespider and Son of Sacrifice like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

talos402000

talos402000

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts

GW infantry always comes in threes: Basic tactical, support, and close assault. The Mechanicus already has basic tactical (Skittari), close assault (Sicarians), and now their getting there support infantry. I have no problem believing this rumor at all.

The Lion strode through the Halls of Hell;
Across his path grim shadows fell
Of many a howling, nameless shape
Daemons with dripping jaws agape.
The darkness shuddered with scream and yell
When the Lion stalked through the Halls of Hell.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts

GW infantry always comes in threes: Basic tactical, support, and close assault. The Mechanicus already has basic tactical (Skittari), close assault (Sicarians), and now their getting there support infantry. I have no problem believing this rumor at all.

At least in the case of the Vanguard Marines, it was the rulesy Battlefield roles that the units were spread out over, not the in-world designations. From THAT perspective, there were two Fire Support choices and no Close Support. But from the rules perspective, there was one Troop (Infiltrators), one Fast Attack (Suppressors), and one Heavy Support (Eliminators). The actual Close Support option didn't show up until several months later as an alternate build.

Skitarii don't have a "Fast Attack" squad, just the Ironstrider and Dragoon vehicles (which CAN be taken as multiple models per unit, but still lack anything resembling a sergeant or alpha).

However, those winged Skitarii speculations would fit a Fast Attack squad nicely. And it would make sense that GW would fill both the Fast Attack and Heavy Support squad options for the Skitarii at the same time.

Edited by Lord Nord, 17 December 2019 - 03:51 PM.

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 443 posts
I thought the thread was bumped because there was news 😫
  • Prot, Black Blow Fly, Jack of the Pelt and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Mechanicus faction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users