New Raptors inbound

Entry1

Nice feed back. Thanks for the report. Can’t say how refreshing it is to continue to fear of the Chaplains usefulness after having just been a pretty piece for so long. I’m with you on the Libby. I really want him to be a competitive choice and lord knows there a place for him but just not reliable enough casting at current points to beat out Smash, Pope and the Sniper characters.

Congrats on the win for Best Painted man! It looks like you are learning a lot which is good before a big event like LVO. Have you noticed the previous list you posted was 59 points over? You might want to check that out before D-Day otherwise you could be DQed.

Cheers!

Edit : forgot to ask if you knew the list of the Carcharodon player who won the event? It's the second event won in 10 days with RG successors AND a Badab Character in the list so I'm curious to see what make those come back.

I edited the post of the army list and the points should be accurate, I was tinkering around in battle scribe and i think I forgot to pull some units out before I cut and pasted the army.  Sorry for the confusion.  Also the Space Shark list was the pretty standard RG list running a squad of Agressors and Cents,  sniper captain with damage 4 Sniper rounds,  sniper LT w/Ex Tenebrus,  Chaplain and Phobos Libby with Shadowstep and No Overwatch.  Instead of a Smash Captain he took the FW Termie character with chainfist and power claw.  He had two squads of Eliminators,  no TFCs and filled out his troops with min squads of Intercessors with a mix of the he three weapons.  Additionally, he had two of the Invictors with flamers which I thought was a pretty nice touch to the list.  The Invictor Models are just so cool!!

Nice feed back. Thanks for the report. Can’t say how refreshing it is to continue to fear of the Chaplains usefulness after having just been a pretty piece for so long. I’m with you on the Libby. I really want him to be a competitive choice and lord knows there a place for him but just not reliable enough casting at current points to beat out Smash, Pope and the Sniper characters.

Yeah the Chaplain is so useful and reliable most of the time especially with the new Faith and Fury Supplement rules.   What are everyone's thoughts on arming Scout Sergeants with Chainswords and Power Swords/Axes for the mirror matches and all the other scouts running around the Meta.  I usually hide mine or assault weaker troops on objectives and the added bite may really make a difference over any added points used for shooting.  The combat knife bolt pistol squad is running around 16-17 attacks on the charge if my math is correct which isn't too shabby.  Esp if you add Master Artisans to make those power weapons hit/wound more reliable.  As usual just throwing ideas out there for us to brainstorm about...

Thanks for checking in guys!!

Brian 

Hey everyone!!

Here is my take on a Chaplain Venerable Dread.  Figured I would convert one up for fun and I'm going to try and play him for few games before he goes into legends!  He won't be making an appearance at LVO but I figured he would be fun to throw one the table top or the display case.  I have a plastic Venerable Dual Lascannon with laurel's on the way from Ebay.  Just curious to see what everyone thinks about the model and if the Crozius-Storm Bolter conversion works.  As always thanks for looking!!

Brian 

Chaplian Dread Crozius

Chaplain Dread

Hmm, thats tough.

I love your old paintjob, and I love the idea of an embedded twin bolter. I also love the general theme of it as well, and the idea to use the Furioso kit arm is great. I just can't get over the fact that it looks like two shields. I think it's mostly due to the rectangle shape/silhouette. Perhaps that will go away once its painted though.

Love where your head is at though!