Blood of Baal new tactica!

Neuralshock

I think FT have potential over standard BA almost exclusively in their ability to get the WLT that ignores OW. This means that you can get two killer smashies ignoring.

The rest is silly as, at present, their second half of the super-doctrine doesn't stack with Assault Doctrines - if it gets FAQed to be the case, they will be very, very strong contenders/alternative.

They could always be the defensive part of our army with a second OW ignoring smash captain while the BA part of our army focuses solely on offense?

So I had a game with a friend today (vs Dark Eldar)  and it was another W for the new and improved BA, a quick breakdown.

2k, ITC mission 4 using the search and destroy deployment. The special sauce I used today was 2 5x man incursor squads, 2 big DC squads (CS and power ax) and 8 SG (6x swords/Plasma pistol, 2x powerfist/boltgun), and a Scorpius. HQ's were Slamgunius (Hero of the chapter), Meph, Lemartes, Libby dread, and Sang priest (Warlord, took gift of foresight because nothing else mattered, but he took quakebolts)

for secondaries I took recon/BGH/Engies

my opponent took HH/recon/Mk4D

I got to deploy first and ended with the +1 and got first turn. 

1st turn I forlorned the CS DC squad up the board and jumped in front of my opponents warlord arcon who was babysitting ravagers. (My friend unfortunately hadn't played against BA this edition, which I wasn't aware of before we started). Search and destroy is a good map for scouts and incursors as you get so much board control for no effort, My opponent nominated the objective that my cursors were on as his priority so I had to pull them out of a ruin (retrospect I should have left one squad in the ruin) but that still scored me the bonus. Shooting whiffs for the most part but I kill his arcon and some wracks. score recon and the bonus, 4 points.

My opponents first turn he bombs the DC to peel 6 off and with his shooting kills both incursor squads and the remainder DC. He jets up two venoms and harly haywire bikes and kills my scorpius. the bikes fail the charge on the scouts. He scores kill more and recon, and one marked. 5 points

turn 2, DC drop smash and lemartes goes up, SG drop close by and libby dread forms up behind them. meph and priest moves to attack bikes, same with an intercessor squad. after sprinkling wounds onto venoms I charge the DC and everything else into the venoms and the other squads into the bikes. The bikes had a 3++ save and survived all of those attacks of 2+ to hit and 2+ to wound, rolls were lack luster for that amount of swings. using the canticle of hate with the DC, I vaporized the two venoms and wrap the kabalites inside after, one squad fails morale. 6 inch pile ins and consolidate is too legit.

I'm pretty tired so I'm going to summarize from here.

my opponents turn 2 I was about to 6 inch heroically intervene on the voidraven and blew it up, pretty awesome. I lost my other DC squad to the combined attacks of multiple talos but lemartes and Slambo still lived

my next turn I ended up sacrificing meph, slambo and lemarted in a reckless offensive to try and kill the 3 ravagers, only successful in killing one to lose all three in response. 

my sanguinary guard and libby dread pulled weight and killed another ravager and killed a talos, but still lost 3 on the return strikes. my scouts had spent the last two turns charging and killing up the board, tried to kill another arcon, but left a single wound on, and only lost 2 on the return. Killed that arcon next turn after the ravagers charged them. was then able to fall forward onto an objective. That squad won me the game because 1 scout bossed 3 5+ saves and then killed the single wound ravager with a hail mary krak grenade.

won 27-22, very tight game, but very fun. BA are still marines and die as such, but getting into melee and putting in that good work is sooo much easier now. Canticle of Hate is the MVP again I'd say, other than that hero level scout!

I think FT have potential over standard BA almost exclusively in their ability to get the WLT that ignores OW. This means that you can get two killer smashies ignoring.

The rest is silly as, at present, their second half of the super-doctrine doesn't stack with Assault Doctrines - if it gets FAQed to be the case, they will be very, very strong contenders/alternative.

They could always be the defensive part of our army with a second OW ignoring smash captain while the BA part of our army focuses solely on offense?

They could- but then we lose the super-doctrine - which (contrary to popular belief) is too excellent to give up imo!

They could- but then we lose the super-doctrine - which (contrary to popular belief) is too excellent to give up imo!

Ah, I hadn’t realized we’d give it up! (For some reason I’d only paid attention to them both having combat doctrines !

I see FT's working well using the Vanguard units. Deploying so far forward mitigates the lack of +1 to advance and charge somewhat. I still feel the FT trait is a bit of a letdown overthe super powerful BA one. Should have been AP-4 on a 6, or AP-1 always. 

I see FT's working well using the Vanguard units. Deploying so far forward mitigates the lack of +1 to advance and charge somewhat. I still feel the FT trait is a bit of a letdown overthe super powerful BA one. Should have been AP-4 on a 6, or AP-1 always.

I think you're onto something with the vanguard. Lots of incursors and infiltrators alongside invictus war suits for those turn 1 pressures.

Though I feel they would possibly do better with a JP chaplain given the icon of the angel, with deny overwatch trait combined with drop pod assaults turn 1.

I had a bit of a silly game with a friend of mine Sunday. It was 2650pts (yea, random) and we decided that both sides could have “infinite” Command Points after we’ve used up our pool, so long as they were used on Stratagems that we had never used before. I was messing around with the new Blood of Baal stuff and he was running a Black Legion list he was unfamiliar with…with models and rules and combos he was trying out. As if Black Legion isn’t heretical enough, does it make him extra double super heretical that he sold his Black Templars to play them? :smile.:  The third house rule was I could take as many Relics as I wanted while simply paying the 3CP. Again, this was just to get as many things on the board as possible since I do not know when my next game will be and I’m the kind of fella who theory hammers so much, I would rather confirm one way or another many of my ideas about things up front.

My list

Hidden Content

Brigade:
HQ:
Captain Smash
-Angel’s Wing
-TH+SS
-Death Visions of Sanguinius (1CP)

Captain Blender
-Gleaming Pinions
-Twin Lightning Claws
-DVoS (1CP)

-Librarian Dreadnought
-Biomantic Sarcophagus
-Melta gun

TROOPS:
Scouts x 5
-Combat blade + bolt pistol
-Sgt chainsword + bolter

Scouts x 5
-Sgt chainsword + bolter

Scouts x 5
-Sgt chainsword + bolter

Scouts x 5
-Sgt chainsword + bolter

Scouts x 5
-bolters x 3
-Heavy bolter x 1
-Sgt chainsword + bolter

Intercessors x 10
—auto bolt rifles
—Power Fist + auto bolt rifle Sgt
--Veteran Intercessors (2CP)

ELITES:
Company Ancient w/ Jump Pack (Legends)
-bolter
-Standard of Sacrifice

Sanguinary Ancient
-Death Mask
-Plasma Pistol
-Encarmine sword
-Wrath of Baal

Sanguinary Guard x 10
-Death Masks
-Angelus bolt gun x 10
-Encarmine Sword x 7
-Encarmine Axe x 3

FAST ATTACK:
Assault Marines x 5
-Jump Packs
-Inferno pistol x 1
-Sgt Inferno pistol + power axe

Assault Marines x 5
-Jump Packs
-Inferno pistol x 1
-Sgt Inferno pistol + power axe

Assault Marines x 5
-Jump Packs
-Inferno pistol x 1
-Sgt Inferno pistol + power sword

HEAVY SUPPORT
Devastators x 6
-Lascannon x 2
-Heavy Bolter x 1

Devastators x 6
-Lascannon x 2
-Heavy Bolter x 1

Devastators x 6
-Lascannon x 2
-Heavy Bolter x 1

FLYER
Stormraven Gunship
-Twin Assault cannons
-Twin Heavy Bolter
-Hurricane Bolters x 2

Supreme Command Detachment
HQ:
Astorath

-Warlord

The Sanguinor

Sanguinary Priest
-Jump Pack
-Chainsword x 2
-Icon of the Angel

His List
Hidden Content

Battalion 1
HQ:
Abaddon

Daemon Prince
-Wings
-Axe + warp bolter
-Nurgle
-Smite + -1 To Hit Nurgly power

TROOPS:
Chaos Space Marines x 10
-Bolters
-Sgt bolter + power sword

Chaos Space Marines x 10
-Bolters

Chaos Space Marines x 10
-Bolters

ELITS:
Chaos Terminators x 10
-Slaanesh
-Combi-plasma + Chain axe x 10

Battalion 2:
HQ:
Disco Lord (Lord Discordant)

Daemon Prince
-Wings
-Claws
-Slaanesh
-Intoxicating Elixir
-Smite + Warptime

TROOPS:
Cultists x 10
-autoguns

Cultists x 10
-autoguns

Cultists x 10
-autoguns

ELITES:
Hellforged Contemptor
-Butcher Cannon x 2

Hellforged Contemptor
-Butcher Cannon x 2

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Venomcrawler

Venomcrawler

Venomcrawler

Supreme Command Detachment
HQ:
Master of Possession

Dark Apostle

Sorcerer
-Terminator Armor
-Force Axe
-Smite + Prescience + something
-Slaanesh

Relics Tested:

Hidden Content

1.    Company Ancient (Jump) : Standard of Sacrifice
    2.    Sanguinary Ancient: Wrath of Baal
    3.    Captain, Jump, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield : Angel’s Wing
    4.    Captain, Jump, Twin Lightning Claws: Gleaming Pinions
    5.    Sanguinary Priest, Jump: Icon of the Angel
    6.    Librarian Dreadnought: Biomantic Sarcophogus

Pic of the setup, this is end of his T1 Movement phase:

Hidden Content

BoB Test Game 20191215

Notes on pic:

-It's the Deployment map where there's the 9" circle in the middle seperating the corner DZ's

-you can't really see my Scouts (guess they're camo is working!) in that building to the left

-He was proxying a Leviathan Dreadnought as the Lord Discordant since he's still building his Black Legion army (also why a bunch of his stuff is unpainted)

-Stormraven at a weird angle to allow max # of movement options with turn radius....since firing arcs don't matter in 8th, I often deploy flyers at silly angles when deploying them

-Yes, that's a lot of Iron Warrior colors you see on his side, but there's a funny story to that. See bottom note of this post

-As predicted, the +2” movement to jump packs from Wrath of Baal is even better than it sounds. That extra 2” + 1 to charges really allows the reliability we need to hurt what we want, no questions asked. I would always consider taking it…if it were not for the tried-and-true-and-never-not-useful Standard of Sacrifice that is almost always going to be taken up by the same model. And who’s going to bring two banner dudes all the time?

-Transhuman + 5+++ FNP is phenomenal, in case any of us expected otherwise.

-Auto bolt rifle auto hits w/ AP-1 is pretty good, but it is going to be hard to justify spending CP on when other tried-and-true methods are just as good as ever

-Sanguinary Guard strats are DOPE

-Veteran Intercessors: 6A Sgts in Turn 1 is pretty insane….especially when you’re the one who got charged! (4 base + Vet Int + Shock Assault + Sanguinor)

-Mass of Doom is as finicky to use as all heck…I did not get as much utility out of it as I coulda shoulda woulda since I was rocking encarmine weapons on the Sang G’s instead of Power Fists

-Not sure if Astorath is the best person to hand out the +1 To Hit Litany, since I find he’s far more useful up front with the boys throwing out other Litanies.

-Veteran Intercessors were ok. They took 7 casualties in T1 despite 2+ save in cover, though awesomely hilarious, the Vet Sgt got 6A with his power fist in my opponent’s turn, due to 4A base + 1 Shock Assault + 1 Sanguinor. almost worth it right there. Auto bolt rifle auto hit stratagem was ok, though I didn’t really have the weight of fire to make a huge difference. I forgot to use the Gene-Wrought Might strat on them when they punched his Disco Lord and Venomcrawler, but turns out they didn’t need it since they were able to squeak out a kill on the VC anyways.

-Chalice Overflowing Stratagem is nice. T1 I brought back a Sang Guard model and a Vet Intercessor model using this, then T2 I healed a Sang Guard and rez’d another model. Should the conditions apply (aka we’re unlikely to ever have the CP to make use of this, let alone repeatedly), it felt like the Narthecium actually did something for once.

-Re-learn and study up on the Fight phase mechanics. The +3” to Pile In and Consolidate from Canticle of Hate is—to quote someone of this age—YUGE. That’s a free movement phase. To put things in perspective, I could have moved my SG from fighting a daemon prince on the right flank all the way over to the left flank to fight the venomcrawler….I ended up not being able to do it since I forgot there was a SG model already locked in with the DP (it was messy), but it was enough to validate the theory for a future game.

-Going off of the above point, I highly recommend Goonhammer’s Fight Phase guide as a refresher. It’s always important to remember the nuances of “must move towards the nearest enemy model =/= must end as close as physically possible to that model” and such.

-Fighting Black Legion is awesomely hilarious. Truckloads of attacks + exploding 4’s with the Stratagem.

-Biomantic Sarcophagus was invaluable as I had failed both attempts to cast powers, so the re-roll saved my bacon. For better and worse, I ended up trading the Libby Dread for his Nurgle DP since he used the interrupt stratagem to swing first at the libby. Only in death…. It’s yet another quite good relic, but like with so many of our new toys, unless we get an ability to take more than 3 (like the new C:SM stratagem’s wording), the classics are just too good to pass up.

-Gleaming Pinions was never used since I never actually got Captain Blender into combat…in poor planning on my end he ended up babysitting the Devs for most of the game. I still think there’s some potential there, especially with a dual Super Marine Smash Bros combo

-Assault Marines failed to do any real damage….though that was the dice as much as anything. 6x Inferno pistols did like 3 damage to a single venomcrawler despite all being within re-roll damage range. He was able to buff them up to 4++ due to a rule and character interaction and he rolled nothing but 6’s for all his saves (I had words about his dice :smile.: ). They also whiffed almost all of their melee attacks when they got into combat with his CSM squad. Two of the squads failed charges despite the Red Thirst buff. It would be easy to hand-wave ASM off as a “bad” unit, but I think there’s still potential if used right and the dice are neutral towards them.

My army was essentially 2 parts: The Sanguinary Guard and everything else. The Scouts and Devs and ASM and Stormravens did ok, but nothing to write home about. The Veteran Intercessors took 7 casualties in T1, so there’s only so much they could do…though to restate, six attacks for the Sgt when getting charged + Sanguinor is awesome any way you slice it.  The Sanguinary Guard, on the other hand, between the Standard of Sacrifice, Wrath of Baal, +1S and revives from Sang Priest, full-rerolls from Astorath WLT nearby, Canticle of Hate, +1A from the Sanguinor, +1Ld and re-rolls from the Sang Ancient, +1Ld and 4+ fight-when-killed from Company Ancient, AND their new Stratagems….they were a force to be reckoned with. Maybe its’ their shiny gold armor (I mean, who actually wears that on a battlefield?), but they tend to always be a fire magnet. This was the first game I’ve ever played where they felt like they should be: at one point I had 1+ save from cover, + 5+++ FNP, plus the guys that died would shoot, and they would have been -1 To Hit in melee, AND they could be rez’d when killed. It was nuts. That being said, it was unrealistic: you’re never going to have that many buffs on them in a “real” game, and if you do, you’re going to be strapped in the rest of your army. Still, the reason I did it was to test the viability of certain aspects and I can say pretty much all the buffs are viable, it just depends on what you feel is most useful for what situation.

Hilariously, we only got through 2 Turns. Partially because we both (but admittedly especially me) were taking so long to remember all the new rules we wanted to try out, partially because we had football on in the background. Considering how many house rules and silly things we were trying, I don’t think the score would have mattered if we were more diligent in keeping it, but if we were, it would have been a stalemate, since it would have been my Sang Guard brick*, the depleted Veteran Intercessors, 2x Dev squads at extreme range, and 2 CQC Scouts out of range to do much vs his Sorcerer + Terminator bomb, both butcher cannon Contemptors, a 10 man CSM squad, and more cultists than I could probably have chewed through in time.

Of note is my perennial longstanding gripe about Mortal Wounds from exploding things in close combat. The number of MW I took, including killing the Sanguinor, rocking Captain Smash to 2W, cutting swaths through my ASM, and so on, from exploding venom crawlers when I killed them in close combat grinds my gears like few other things in the game. It irks me to no end that Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield Terminators, who’s one reason for existing is to run up and whack big scary things with their hammers, can die so easily from said big scary things blowing up. It feels like such a lazy and misguided design flaw for Mortal Wounds to be caused for things blowing up….yet another slap in the face of melee armies. I’m all for cinematic games and things that blow up or leak acid SHOULD be a factor, but not Mortal Wounds. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:  <gripe over>

Final silly note:

Hidden Content

Since he's still building up his Black Legion, he asked to borrow my Iron Warriors army to get games in while testing out his builds. I obliged, being a good friend, and also since I hardly get out anymore with the Dad buff now applying to me. It was pretty funny facing my own Iron Warriors models since he was using them as proxies for his dudes.

...so almost everything on the table that's painted (other than his green CSM) is mine!

*and they were hard as a brick, let me tell you, with all the buffs I stacked on them. Edited by Indefragable

-As predicted, the +2” movement to jump packs from Wrath of Baal is even better than it sounds. That extra 2” + 1 to charges really allows the reliability we need to hurt what we want, no questions asked. I would always consider taking it…if it were not for the tried-and-true-and-never-not-useful Standard of Sacrifice that is almost always going to be taken up by the same model. And who’s going to bring two banner dudes all the time?

Well, there is the beginnings of a Vanguard detachment there..... Would be a lot easier if the regular Banner Bearer with JP had not been banished to Legends.

-Auto bolt rifle auto hits w/ AP-1 is pretty good, but it is going to be hard to justify spending CP on when other tried-and-true methods are just as good as ever

Can be useful against targets with negative to-Hit modifiers. I run into Plague Bearers and they are often buffed to -2 to-Hit.

Edited by Karhedron

Well, there is the beginnings of a Vanguard detachment there..... Would be a lot easier if the regular Banner Bearer with JP had not been banished to Legends.
I've started running a Sanguinary Ancient with the Icon of the Angel myself. There's always a chance the Ancient will fail it's charge and not follow the Guard in, and I don't want to daisy chain them either. So any aura effect can be easily lost. So having that reroll a dice effect in addition to +1 to charge (at least) is very helpful. Edited by VanDutch

I've got a Sanguinary priest with mine and I've been umming and ahhing over quake bolts or Icon of the angel to give support. I'm leaning towards the icon to make my guys charges much more reliable.

I would be inclined to agree. With so many moving parts, it is pretty awkward if anyone gets left behind.

Been chatting to Shaezus about the Chaplain Dread.  

Some main take away's / thoughts. 

If you dont need to take Angels Wing on the Cap (ie: the opposing force doesnt have devastating shooting you need to deal with), consider taking MC Hammer (still get 4 dam). 

Then....instead of Artisans on the Cap - give it to the chap!  Put it on the lascannons/autocannons.  Thats 4 autocan shots that are 3D.  
When they get Litanies, Catechism of Fire means he's wounding most vehicles on 3s, knights on 4s and doing 3dam a pop.  Ilike that.  

Has anyone come up with a viable list using Magna-grapple dreads in Lucius pods? 

A DC dread (with access to 5+++ and half damage) needing a basic 5" for a successful charge seems really, really good. 

(Libby dread with quickening too).   

Edited by Morticon

Been chatting to Shaezus about the Chaplain Dread.

Some main take away's / thoughts.

If you dont need to take Angels Wing on the Cap (ie: the opposing force doesnt have devastating shooting you need to deal with), consider taking MC Hammer (still get 4 dam).

Then....instead of Artisans on the Cap - give it to the chap! Put it on the lascannons/autocannons. Thats 4 autocan shots that are 3D.

When they get Litanies, Catechism of Fire means he's wounding most vehicles on 3s, knights on 4s and doing 3dam a pop. Ilike that.

I think catechism of fire only applies when shooting the closest enemy unit? Very useful but situational.

This is more of a general tactica thought. But Something I've been thinking about for my non primaris marines is outfitting my tactical squads with combit-grav + Grav guns in drop pods. While the double grav weapon team becomes the same price as a barebones intercessor squad, I think it has some real teeth against other astartes armies. The -3AP and 66% chance to out right kill a primaris model a turn seems like a solid trade off.

While I understand Plasma is functionally better, against higher toughness the trade off is them exploding themselves for 2 damage. I think this argument is much more valid if we got the grav strat that codex marines got, but we didn't. Still. I think grav may become more popular with primaris becoming such a main stay, at least its something i've been considering.

This is more of a general tactica thought. But Something I've been thinking about for my non primaris marines is outfitting my tactical squads with combit-grav + Grav guns in drop pods. While the double grav weapon team becomes the same price as a barebones intercessor squad, I think it has some real teeth against other astartes armies. The -3AP and 66% chance to out right kill a primaris model a turn seems like a solid trade off.

While I understand Plasma is functionally better, against higher toughness the trade off is them exploding themselves for 2 damage. I think this argument is much more valid if we got the grav strat that codex marines got, but we didn't. Still. I think grav may become more popular with primaris becoming such a main stay, at least its something i've been considering.

You still have to deploy >9" away in the pod though, right, which means that youre out of rapid fire range for the grav guns. You'll get 2 shots while plasma will get 4. 

Has anyone come up with a viable list using Magna-grapple dreads in Lucius pods?

A DC dread (with access to 5+++ and half damage) needing a basic 5" for a successful charge seems really, really good.

Mort - I haven’t gotten to play test this yet, but I have a list that focuses on giving the enemy too many high toughness models in their face to deal with. The invictors, Libby dread, primaris troops, slam, etc T1 with the repulsor supporting and then boom - DC dread T2 (cus Lucius didn’t get FAQd...) with the sang guard

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [97 PL, 1,592pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

+ HQ +

Astorath [8 PL, 105pts]: 2. Catechism of Fire, 5. Recitation of Focus, Invocation of Destruction, Litanies of Hate

Captain [6 PL, 133pts]: Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, Thunder hammer

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant, Stalker bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Death Company Dreadnought [9 PL, 126pts]: Blood talons, Magna-grapple, Meltagun, Storm bolter

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]: Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail heavy stubber

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]: Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail heavy stubber

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 63pts]: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 224pts]

. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

+ Heavy Support +

Repulsor Executioner [15 PL, 323pts]: 2x Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy Laser Destroyer, Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, 2x Storm bolter, Twin heavy bolter, Twin Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber

+ Dedicated Transport +

Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod [6 PL, 80pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [27 PL, 408pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

+ HQ +

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 142pts]: 1. Quickening, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Furioso fist, Storm bolter

Sanguinary Priest [5 PL, 70pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant, Stalker bolt rifle

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]

. Scout: Boltgun

. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]

. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

++ Total: [124 PL, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by keeblerartillery

I think there's potential, though I have not tried it myself (partially since my Lucius pods are still WIP). I have milked the similar principle from Stormravens, however, really going after that +3" disembark move to great effect. DC Dreads hopping out of an SR have a 11" base move + charge buffs. Libby Dread with Wings....well, you can imagine it's potential.

*List*

Friend, keep in mind that this thread isn't for list analysis or review to prevent the discussion from being clogged with a plethora of copy-paste lists!

To be fair - one of our esteemed leaders (and mods) specifically asked about a list with a DC dread and how it would work. I was merely sharing my thoughts on the topic. Not fishing for list critique

The DC dread is a tricky one. Magna Grapples only provide a bonus against vehicles. If your opponent screens or isn't running any, you are back to your 8" charge.

Libby Dread with Quickening seems more promising as it is independent of target. It also frees up Wings to go on someone else (Mephy?) and allows the Libby to cast something like Shield for a handy 5++. The only tricky thing is you are relying on casting a WC7 power and it not getting denied. Biomantic Sarcophagus will be very handy here I think.

*List* 

Friend, keep in mind that this thread isn't for list analysis or review to prevent the discussion from being clogged with a plethora of copy-paste lists!

Jolemai and I will keep an eye on that, thanks, Neuralshock. Don't worry about it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Morticon