Blood of Baal new tactica!

Neuralshock

Played a 1050pts game against Tau and won a solid victory in VP over 5 turns.

-Frag grenades in Devastator Doctrine are fantastic against screens

-after moving to the Tactical Doctrine, I stayed there for the rest of the game.

-I keep forgetting that Litanies must be declared at the beginning of the turn. Also forgot to use Astorath's MoD.

To me the beauty of the vanguard stuff is how it fits into our mobile play style, even if the mobility is just in deployment. Fake it ‘til you make it I guess.

Unrelated, but his is pretty interesting; Librarian Dreads really are the Knight hunters, eh? That’s damn respectable at 88% :

https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-smash-captain-returns/

If you can get him in past the overwatch he is amazing especially if he has artisan of war. Could can always use half damage on the way in. Only down side is he can’t fight twice.

Edited by Madmonkeyman

• 2 weeks later...

Played 3 games with the new stuff so far. The first was a 2500 point win vs death guard. More of a thematic game and using non ITC rules but the DG list was very scary, including mortarion and a lot of armour. Solid win for BA

Next a 2500 point game vs Tau where I played like an absolute Muppet. I tried assault bolter intercessors for the first time, only I forgot to move them first turn. This left enough surviving drones to absorb what would otherwise have been a game changing charge with smash captain. I then forgot to use icon of the angel on my priest, which left him isolated and easy to pick off next turn. His loss meant my sang guard died before they would have, costing me a couple of points on objectives. still a close game, 21-20 to tau. His list had a storm surge, 2 riptides, 3 commanders, 3 broadsides and 30 drones.

Next game a competitive ITC practice vs UM. he had 3 repulsed executioners, a leviathan and calgar plus other stuff. smash captain FF'd and with help from sicarans shooting - nicely buffed by astorath - he wrecked two of the repulsors on turn 1. Come the turn 2 charge phase and I chose not to use DoA on the deep strike San guard. I rolled a 1 and a 6. this time I remembered to use the Icon of the Angel, so I rerolled the 1 and got another 1. lol. his remaining repulsor made short work of the sang guard who didn't roll well for saves and FNP but it still turned out a good win for BA in the end.

overall I'm well happy. turn 3 onwards is a different game for BA now. with assault doctrine and the BA bonus attack, even the scouts were noticeably more effective. staying in tactical doctrine also worked well. eliminators are an awesome addition but the sanguinary guard are now everything I wanted them to be.

my only real gripe is that we still pay more CP for extra relics. Just one less CP and I would take the Veritas vitae, which would make a difference.