Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fury of the Faithful: Adepta Sororitas and Black Templars

adepta sororitas

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Brother Zeal

Brother Zeal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Evening all,

Over the last few months I've been planning to build an army consisting primarily of Adepta Sororitas with an allied detatchment of Black Templars, and at the weekend I was lucky enough to get hold of one of the new Sisters of Battle box sets, so said plan is now very much on the table. Or hobby desk, to be more accurate.

gallery_143989_15939_176531.jpg

I initially painted up this model as a character for my homebrew INQ28 project, however I really enjoyed painting it and plan to paint up the rest of the girls in the same scheme. I had intended for this model to be the Canoness for my Sisters force, however after finally holding the sprues in my own hands and spending a lot of time going through the new Codex, I've decided that this lass will instead serve as the Sister Superior for the squad of Celestians that I'll inevitably pick up when their kit is released.

Now I'm not a fan of the Canoness model in the box set, so I left her on her sprue and turned my attention instead to the Repentia Superior model:

gallery_143989_15939_794062.jpg

I quite like how this turned out, however I've experimented with a few alternative loadouts and would appreciate any suggestions as to which would be most fitting look for a Canoness:

Spoiler

No Black Templars in this debut post, but I'm working away on an Emperor's Champion model that will set the standard for the rest of his detatchment. I'll have pics up once I figure out which style of black armour would suit him best...

As always, I welcome any feedback for improvement!

• Focslain, Kolgrim DeathHowl, Theradrussian and 3 others like this

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Always need to have a Holy Handgreande of Antioch handy. Sisters look good in green. Looking forward to seeing what you and others do with the new kits

Edited by PowerHungryMonkey, 04 December 2019 - 10:02 AM.

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Saga of the Lost - Feral Space Wolves Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army - FINISHED

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists

I love the power sword and bolter combo. I'm a simple man. However the book and staff of office look cool too!

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

"There is only the Emperor. He is our shield and protector."

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts

Nice work on the new sisters. I have also been toying with converting the Repentia Superior into a Canoness, so nice to see what others have done, especially as you have toyed with so many options. I defiantly like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, though the one with book and bolter also looks cool.  

If you are just setting out on your journey with Sisters, then this currently running event might be for you: Facing the Unknown II, a community hobby event about starting a new army; runs until lend of February 2020.

Brother Zeal

Brother Zeal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Always need to have a Holy Handgreande of Antioch handy. Sisters look good in green. Looking forward to seeing what you and others do with the new kits

Cheers! Even in the grim darkness of the far future, one must be sufficiently armed to deal with vicious beasts, regardless of size or supposed innocence.

I love the power sword and bolter combo. I'm a simple man. However the book and staff of office look cool too!

The book and the staff were originally reserved for a scratch-built Confessor model, but it turns out I have no sculpting skills whatsoever, so said bits have languished unused in the bits drawer for quite some time. Even if I don't use them for the Canoness, I'm sure they'll find a place somewhere in this army!

Nice work on the new sisters. I have also been toying with converting the Repentia Superior into a Canoness, so nice to see what others have done, especially as you have toyed with so many options. I defiantly like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, though the one with book and bolter also looks cool.  

If you are just setting out on your journey with Sisters, then this currently running event might be for you: Facing the Unknown II, a community hobby event about starting a new army; runs until lend of February 2020.

Thank you! I had considered signing up for the Facing the Unknown II event, but with my hobby butterfly syndrome being as rampant as it is at the moment I doubt I'd fulfill my oath. If I'm ever starting a new army, I always like to take it slow, working out what method of assembling/painting/gaming suits me best.

I prefer to run my armies in small squads, so the 10 Battle Sisters that came in the box are being divided into two squads of five:

Spoiler

Not a huge update, but I think it's a decent start to the army. I'll do a wee bit more work on the second Sister Superior to make her seem more commanding, currently she just looks a bit... meh. Any suggestions?

• Trokair and viewasjack like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Great conversions so far! I'm really a fan of the green armor turned out really cool!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts

Fair enough, and good luck with the project, let the hobby butterflies take their flight of fancy.

Nice conversions. Is that a mechanical arm on the grenade thrower?  

Brother Zeal

Brother Zeal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Great conversions so far! I'm really a fan of the green armor turned out really cool!

Thank you! It looks a bit naff when it's the only colour on the model (see sister centre-right below) but as soon as another colour is added it pops and looks much better (see sister centre).

gallery_143989_15939_1318668.jpg

Fair enough, and good luck with the project, let the hobby butterflies take their flight of fancy.

Nice conversions. Is that a mechanical arm on the grenade thrower?  

Aye, it's from one of Anvil Industry's clever wee upgrade kits for their Regiments range. I had to clip and cut the original shoulder joint to make it fit, but fortunately the sister's pauldron hides the joint itself so it doesn't look like a botch job.

Now for an update! My brothers were very considerate this Christmas:

gallery_143989_15939_1142971.jpg

So between working away on the Battle Sisters squads and tinkering with the base of my ongoing Emperor MkII, I started work on the Saint. Aside from magnetizing the wings, the only alteration I've made to the body of this model is the sword:

gallery_143989_15939_92403.jpg

I'll likely be running both Celestine and the Emperor (counts as Guilliman) in the same army when facing certain opponents, so I figure two blades of divine heretic-frying flames are better than one! The biggest change to the model is the base itself. I wasn't a fan of the excessively long purity seals keeping the Saint aloft, so I made a custom base for her:

gallery_143989_15939_419059.jpg

I deliberately angled the model to make it look as though she is swooping down towards an enemy, rather than have her angled as though she is gliding or rising upwards as the original pose suggests.

Now, quick update on the Black Templar front. I had planned to make a Vanguard detachment of three Terminator squads to accompany the sisters, but I found an unassembled Venerable Dreadnought in one of my drawers and decided that he will join the crusade.

gallery_143989_16057_142266.jpg

gallery_143989_16057_436532.jpg

I know that the Bolter & Chainsword hosts a number of admirably zealous BT players, so any suggestions you lads can offer as to making this dude suitably crusade-worthy would be much appreciated!

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Trokair, Grotsmasha and 1 other like this

Brother Zeal

Brother Zeal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Happy new year all!

Just a quick update today. Finished the body of Celestine:

gallery_143989_15939_33259.jpg

Spoiler

For some reason her eyes haven't photographed well; there's more contrast between the white pupils and the blue glow around them. I'll need to add a bit more Ceramite White to them when I highlight the base.

Next steps: drybrush the base, hit it with contrast paint, highlight, then onto the wings!

• Sgt. Blank, Trokair, Grotsmasha and 2 others like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,293 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
For the dreadnought, chains are an easy addition for extra Templarness. I also converted my own Ven dread to hold a sword using the fingered fist hand from the plastic kit.

I like your pose, very 'kool aid man'.

Apparently the US Army will name their new Styker missile tank the Manticore (Because of 40k) if enough people vote for it. You know what to do:

https://taskandpurpo...rBYMuajHcxqrBPY

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

The body turned out really great so far, looking forward to seeing more of it completed!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adepta sororitas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users