Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=] The Boxing Day Bash 2019 [=

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,829 posts

gallery_48988_6285_1513035.png

Previous Boxing Day Bashes

If you have any questions, feel free to ask thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha, 04 December 2019 - 07:47 AM.

• Prot, Dolchiate Remembrancer, Excessus and 1 other like this

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
It can be anything? Just as long as not having been painted?
Like if I have a 2nd ed predator that pretty much needs putting together & painted, would something like that be ok?

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,829 posts

It can be anything? Just as long as not having been painted?
Like if I have a 2nd ed predator that pretty much needs putting together & painted, would something like that be ok?

Yep, anything that is board appropriate. Larger models (such as tanks) are even allowed to be started as sub-assemblies :tu:

• Harleqvin likes this

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
Groovy

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 434 posts
I'm not working the next day, so I'm in, finally!
  • Grotsmasha likes this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,649 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons
I'm partying on the 25th so I'll join if I have the ability to sit at my desk...
  • Grotsmasha likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists & Flesh Tearers

I may only have the evening to sit down and work, due to seeing family, but I'm in!

• Grotsmasha likes this

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,489 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

I may only have the evening to sit down and work, due to seeing family, but I'm in!

In the same boat, might do this if priming weather is ok that day.

• Grotsmasha likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,242 posts

Ah my 2015 Boxing Day completion... still proud of doing this in a day.

gallery_2760_10216_44032.jpg

Ironically it sold in my second Ultramarine army sale. And now I have none to do.... oh well maybe Eldar this year? We'll see. 

• Dolchiate Remembrancer, battle captain corpus, Captain Smashy Pants and 7 others like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,089 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
Once more we take up the sword. I am almost certainly getting some models from Da Red Gobbo this year, so no matter what I should be able to participate, barring disastrous weather and poor priming conditions. 
If we're posting previous glories, here's mine.
Boxing Day Bash 2018 completion photo
Boxing Day bash 2017 End photo Min

I've got a chance to make three years in a row, so with any luck I should succeed once more. Maybe try for a Seriously.... again. That was fun first year.
Glad you're running this again, Grot!

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, 04 December 2019 - 04:57 PM.

• Grotsmasha likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 970 posts

As with last year colour me interested, and as with last year it will depend entirely on what I am doing that day and if the weather cooperates, last year was no good, maybe this year will be.

Not sure what I will do yet, but will probably be something for my Sisters army.

• Grotsmasha likes this

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,042 posts

Count me in.

I don't know yet what exactly I will be building, Raptors or AdMech stuff. But finishing a model or two never hurts...

• Grotsmasha likes this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,829 posts
Happy to see plenty of interest, and a bunch of familiar faces :tu:
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts
It was fin two years ago when i built and painted a DA primaris lieutenant
I am creating now my order of SoB and i have the army box with models still on sprue
Maybe i will enter painting a couple of them ;)

Edited by Master Sheol, 05 December 2019 - 11:33 AM.

• Grotsmasha likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,734 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons
Got to look up a model in my to do pile but I'll try and find something and join in!
  • Grotsmasha likes this

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,566 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
A tentative yes! I am working that day, but I can't imagine me not being able to paint a whole Marine in the time remaining...
  • Grotsmasha likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,539 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I'm in, even if I'm hungover (don't really drink anymore but I'm introducing my missus to mead, and I'm not sitting there like an Ultramarine with my thumb up my behind whilst she's drinking all the good stuff, so my inner Space Wolf is coming out to play. Get smashed, listen to Wardruna and pick a fight with my mates :tu: good stuff).

If I get the female Commissar in time I'll paint her, if not it's gonna be another Space Wolf like my first Boxing Day bash, hell I might even do both... 

• Grotsmasha likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
Oh, I wanted to make sure I read some of the other stuff correctly. We must start it on our respective Dec 25th, and have 24 hours to finish it from the time we start on our respective Dec 25th?
For instance If I started 11:50pm on the 25th I have till 11:50pm on the 26th to have it posted as finished?

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,829 posts

Oh, I wanted to make sure I read some of the other stuff correctly. We must start it on our respective Dec 25th, and have 24 hours to finish it from the time we start on our respective Dec 25th?
For instance If I started 11:50pm on the 25th I have till 11:50pm on the 26th to have it posted as finished?

The event will Open @ ~1am Dec 26th and close ~1am Dec 28th (Times are my time GMT +10). Anyone may vow at anytime prior to the Event's closing, and still receive the full 24hrs time limit.  

example: I, in my timezone, could vow @ 23:59pm on Dec 27th and I would still receive the full 24hrs to complete my vow. The idea is to do it on your own Dec 26th, but the 24hrs is the real challenge :tu:

Chaoself

Chaoself

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 122 posts
I'll participate with 2 Squats in Exo-Armour.
  • Grotsmasha and Majkhel like this
gallery_122412_15999_6526.pnggallery_122412_15999_21827.png

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,526 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
I vow to build and paint Sister Superior Amalia Novena.
  • Trokair and Grotsmasha like this
In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,539 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Dont think Ill be getting the female commissar in time... Wolf minis it is then... :tu:

• Grotsmasha likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,525 posts

Yo, I'm down. I'll do one of the models I'm getting this year. Maybe one of the RG Characters I'm building, or the Master of Possession out of Shadowspear. I'll save my chosen model after my Big Christmas Hobby Session and join in.

• Grotsmasha likes this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,089 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
So, if I were to start a Rhino/razorback construction now, but didn’t put it all together and didn’t put any paint on it, would that count as still being acceptable? I have no unassembled infantry and IDK if I’ll be able to acquire any (though it’s possible).
I just today acquired a razor and want to get started but also want to participate.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,734 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons

Got to look up a model in my to do pile but I'll try and find something and join in!

Wont be able to participate.
Turns out I'm recruiting and advertising for a gaming group I want to get started at my LGS and getting a game in vs necrons.

Wishing fun to all who participate!

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users