The Sabbat Worlds Crusade

Got my copy the other day and I was just wondering if I'll have anything significant spoiled if I haven't read anything after Sabbat Martyr yet.

Yes. It will spoil the ending to the the last two books in the Victory arc. As well as other stuff that I can’t tell you....Bc it would spoil it haha.

It’s a beautiful book, but you’ve got some reading to do first my friend.

Mine arrived today, and I'm glad I caught this before opening. I didn't know if it covered Anarch. Thankfully, I'm not nearly as far behind.

Got my copy the other day and I was just wondering if I'll have anything significant spoiled if I haven't read anything after Sabbat Martyr yet.

Yes. It will spoil the ending to the the last two books in the Victory arc. As well as other stuff that I can’t tell you....Bc it would spoil it haha.

It’s a beautiful book, but you’ve got some reading to do first my friend.

Thanks for the heads up, It’s been quite a while since I read the series so I’ll be starting from the beginning again.

Looks like this will be something to look forward to in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

Got my greedy old mits on this this morning. Lovely job. Very tastefully presented. Map is simply stunning. Pitty about the badges.... hopefully they do more and make them more military in style and less Boy Scout.

Hopefully this is the start of more in world source books from BL.

Got these along with Dante which is also stunning and a bag of lovely gear from the girls at Gametee. Happy chap.

Happy Christmas one and all.

Gloria in excelsis Deo

Opened my xmas presents that included the book and map. Both are things of beauty. Truly exceptional pieces of work. The recycled art doesn’t bother me at all. Love the in universe narrative voice.

Particularly excited to read the section The Next Objectives which is clearly full of heavy hints as to where GG series will go next. Looking forward to reading about operation Carnodon and Aquilus and the planets Killgrave, Gnostes and Harkalon plus potential new enemies Harrowkin, Hagmata and Dordotta.

Edited by DukeLeto69

Lucked out and found a normally priced copy, with free shipping on eBay, and I got it yesterday. It's a fantastic book, and I love the imagery depicting other forces taking part in the War for the Sabbat Worlds.

Opened my xmas presents that included the book and map. Both are things of beauty. Truly exceptional pieces of work. The recycled art doesn’t bother me at all. Love the in universe narrative voice.

Particularly excited to read the section The Next Objectives which is clearly full of heavy hints as to where GG series will go next. Looking forward to reading about operation Carnodon and Aquilus and the planets Killgrave, Gnostes and Harkalon plus potential new enemies Harrowkin, Hagmata and Dordotta.

There seemed to be focus on some larger regiments we haven't seen yet. Agreed excellent book, kept me up late these past few nights reading!

Somebody should tell Pink that the two bayonets are for posers only.

sabbat-2.jpg

1) The one in her hand is straight silver, not a bayonet.

2) Good call on the likeness. If they ever do a Gaunt's Ghosts movie (ha!) they should absolutely cast her.

But wasn't the straight silver used as bayonet? I think, I remember them fixing the straight silver to their rifles at some point.

That’s what I remembered. The book shows it more as a short sword though without rifle attachments. I had always pictured it more as a French Gras sword bayonet.

I thought the same about Mkoll - I first mistook the man pictured for Rawne in his later years. 

Mkoll was this wiry, smaller man with a bit of a wilder look about him, grizzled and such. The one in the book seems a bit too distinguished for that. But that's just how I pictured Mkoll, the artist's opinion or anyone elses might differ. I, for one, always had imagined Dorden differently, too. Older, maybe a bit more...fragile, as he was getting on in years. Curth on the other hand was pretty spot on. And I love the illustration for Bragg. I had always pictured him more Ogry-like (wrong, I know) and so never "felt" him that much. But that image in the book? I looked at him and felt a pang of sadness, just because that bloke there looked like a big, friendly giant - the way he was described. 

So, overall I'm very happy with the art and getting a few illustrations for the ghosts.