Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

40K: Legends

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts

Page with legends stuff just went online:

https://www.warhamme...ty.com/legends/

RIP half of Deathwatch HQ options unsure.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,529 posts
Wolves lost all bikes (save swiftclaw)and twolf character variants.

Orks lost
Warboss in mega armor. :(
Big mek
Wartraks
Warbike variants
Big guns
Skorchas

;(

Edited by Triszin, 04 December 2019 - 04:59 PM.

banana

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,682 posts

Bah, with that BA index option being brought back I had some hope for my thunderwolf mounts. :(

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 716 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

GW seems to hate bikes and now they´re going en route to chop everything in half? Is this another, "making it simpler" thing?

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts
DW are fine. They only pulled a couple weapons options(namely combi weapons) from the Chaplain and Librarians. And that’s the foot versions. Don’t think they were very popular anyway.

Any army loose anything significant ?

No more Rough Riders for Guard is sad.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts

DW are fine. They only pulled a couple weapons options(namely combi weapons) from the Chaplain and Librarians.

DW players need to downgrade every single model of these with storm bolter to bolt pistol. A rather massive ranged downgrade, especially seeing said loadout was 200% legal for half of 8th edition (and then FAQ made it still legal till today), doubly so seeing both characters were significantly buffed recently and started to appear again...

EDIT: I also like how all dreads got to kept rifleman twin-AC loadouts in Legends - except DW. Because they have worst equipment, am I rite? dry.png

Edited by Irbis, 04 December 2019 - 05:08 PM.

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

GW seems to hate bikes and now they´re going en route to chop everything in half? Is this another, "making it simpler" thing?

It's not that. They simply aren't supporting rules for models they don't sell anymore. It's called "end of lifecycle" in many other industries and its quite common.

Instead of lamenting the death of something you lost, instead look to the brightside - they gave you a tool to continue using them (in a restricted manner) going forward.

That and before you know it we will have an entire range of Primaris Heroes on Cawl-pattern Grav Bikes before long anyway.

• Harleqvin, Silas7, Tipsy Techpriest and 1 other like this

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,318 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
Chaos lost the special mounted lords and sorcerers (disc of tzeentch, seeker, juggernaut etc) and biker hqs.

Grey knight dreds can only take codex equipment (assault cannon, autocannon, swap dccw for autocannon etc) and the techmarine is like a basic vanilla techmarine.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 04 December 2019 - 05:15 PM.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,041 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Really went with the nuclear option on cool HQ conversion

• Castigator, Lanparth, ThatOneMarshal and 1 other like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,760 posts
So there's really nothing stopping these units being used in all forms of the game. Competitive tournaments can decide, so that's up to the various TOs. Not bad at all.

How likely is your local group to enforce a no-Legends rule?
  • CaptainMarsh, AGPO and Tipsy Techpriest like this

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts

So, Legion of the Damned had been legend-ed entirely. Funnily enough, LotD sarge can dual wield bolter and storm bolter, making dakkiest SM in 40K whistlingW.gif

LotD squad can also take melta gun (but it's missing from points table, as is heavy flamer). Pity, I hoped they will get mini-dex, but it looks like squat instead...

SteveAntilles

SteveAntilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

Well here's a question. I have an index option that's not in the codex, and not in the Legends pdf. Does the flow chart still apply?

• AGPO and ThatOneMarshal like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,760 posts

Well here's a question. I have an index option that's not in the codex, and not in the Legends pdf. Does the flow chart still apply?

Whoa, I just assumed that couldn't happen.

I wonder what the official line is on the indexes considering only one of the many is actually still in print.

Edited by Lemondish, 04 December 2019 - 05:25 PM.

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

So, Legion of the Damned had been legend-ed entirely. Funnily enough, LotD sarge can dual wield bolter and storm bolter, making dakkiest SM in 40K whistlingW.gif

LotD squad can also take melta gun (but it's missing from points table, as is heavy flamer). Pity, I hoped they will get mini-dex, but it looks like squat instead...

Lots of points options are missing if they intended the Legends downloads to be free-standing. For example the Twin Lascannon is missing from the Space Marine legends booklet and its used in both the Excelsior and Ultra.

Appears that way.

Edited by Shadow Captain Vyper, 04 December 2019 - 05:25 PM.

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,495 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Ya surely anything NOT in legends or a codex is lost, these should be fine for any reasonable opponent glancing over the ones i know, just going forward they wont get fine tuned except maybe at Codex time.

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

SteveAntilles

SteveAntilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

So I guess my guard officers with shotguns are not legal anymore. Sadface.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts

What is it? If it's Chapter champion/ancient, it looks like they have been completely squatted in favour of PA CP upgrades...

OrkPlayer137

OrkPlayer137

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

It's curious that the Ork Big Mek's KFF has been taken away since the Index, while at the same time Chapter Approved has an entry for a new model in the points table: "Big Mek with Kustom Force Field" (not the mega armour version, which is listed separately), even though there is no datasheet with that name. Either somebody at GW mistakenly thought there was a datasheet like that in the Ork Codex, or else there might be a new model on the way soon!

A couple of other annoyances: the Legends datasheets for older characters that have since been replaced with Primaris still have the same old name - it would have been better if they had renamed them to reduce confusion (e.g. adding "in Terminator Armour" to the old Marneus Calgar datasheet). Also, the Space Marine Company Veteran sergeant on bike still can't take a storm shield, even though the rest of the squad can and the normal Company Veteran sergeant can.

At least the Company Ancient on bike can now affect other bikes with his banner ability - that is a welcome improvement since the Index.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
Codex Space Marines get Angels of Death but Space Wolves DO NOT

That is gahbage
And/or some lazy copying and pasting

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts
Or just the Space Wolves (and Dark Angels) not having yet been patched via PA to have Angels of Death as an army-wide rule. With each Faction having its own Legends PDF, as each one gets updated in PA its corresponding Legends PDF can be updated to match. GW probably has said PDFs done so it’s just a matter of changing where the link points.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
Think Space Wolves got that in the last FAQ if not before then

I get the impression this will be hardly ever updated if at all

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,721 posts

Feels like there's a rather large disconnect between GW "Legends means you can use your old miniature forever!" and a lot of players "My miniature was just Legend(Squat)ed" 

• Warhead01, Shadow Captain Vyper, Vanger and 11 others like this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,072 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

@Reinhard Seems like some options previously allowed via index/codex are not included in Legends though. Thats the weird part...

Krash

Edited by Captain_Krash, 05 December 2019 - 02:09 PM.

• SickSix likes this

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,387 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter
“Lost” is a really weird way to say “has free rules for as long as the base 8th Ed system continues,” but okay.
  • Sandlemad, Noserenda, AGPO and 8 others like this
gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,713 posts

Honestly, this is a good thing.

I actually kind of prefer the options now are what is included with the model for the most part.

Leave the intense customisation to 30k :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users