Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

40K: Legends

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,689 posts
It’s prob just more they are wanting to fill out other parts of the range and armor variations first - and that’s clearly being staged over many years.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,571 posts

Sammael has either Twin Storm Bolters and a Plasma Cannon, and a Sword; or he has Twin Assault Cannons and Twin Heavy Bolters, and still has a Sword.
For a SM he is quite the Dakka carrier.

Read his datasheet again:

Sammael in Sableclaw is a single model armed with the Raven Sword. His Land Speeder Sableclaw is equipped with a twin assault cannon and twin heavy bolter.

Sammael on Corvex is a single model armed with the Raven Sword, a bolt pistol, frag grenades and krak grenades. His jetbike Corvex is equipped with a plasma cannon and a twin storm bolter.

All he has across both is a pistol. Unless we bring unrelated vehicles in, then I choose a Baneblade whistlingW.gif

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,557 posts

Sammael has either Twin Storm Bolters and a Plasma Cannon, and a Sword; or he has Twin Assault Cannons and Twin Heavy Bolters, and still has a Sword.
For a SM he is quite the Dakka carrier.

Read his datasheet again:

Sammael in Sableclaw is a single model armed with the Raven Sword. His Land Speeder Sableclaw is equipped with a twin assault cannon and twin heavy bolter.

Sammael on Corvex is a single model armed with the Raven Sword, a bolt pistol, frag grenades and krak grenades. His jetbike Corvex is equipped with a plasma cannon and a twin storm bolter.

All he has across both is a pistol. Unless we bring unrelated vehicles in, then I choose a Baneblade :whistlingW:
What you quoted confirms exactly what Stobz said...
  • viewasjack likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Sometimes it's about... oh wait, who am i kidding rolleyesclean.gif all the time... It's all about money ,This game isn't so much about the fluff and models anymore .... In this day and age i expect things like this to happen ... essays could be written in length about this but it would be a waste of time...
GW are like the underpant Gnomes

Stage 1. Old models = phase out (and perhaps steal underpants too)
Stage 2. ....Insert new models and force them to be used
Stage 3. Profit happy.png

Mithril

Hate to burst your bubble, but it has always been about the money.

You'd think a company was out to make money or something...
  • viewasjack, Panzer and WandererTheta like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I was trying to find it, but I thought that on one of the VoxCasts or in an interview with one of the model designers, there was an agreement amongst some of those folks that Marines on bikes was a goofy idea and they were moving away from it. I haven’t been able to find that and so maybe it was a weird fever dream or something different was actually said.

Meanwhile riding giant wolves is super believable...

It's weird to me when the say stuff like this. The whole thing is goofy lol.

The giant wolves are a status symbol smile.png
Personally I hate the bike models as they look like toys IMO

Possibly their logic is the bikes massively limit detail/poses

Well, they ARE toys. Just like every other miniature we buy, build, sometimes paint and use to PLAY with. msn-wink.gif

Edited by sfPanzer, 06 December 2019 - 06:00 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,160 posts

=][= I think what needed to be discussed has been discussed. If you'd like to continue the conversation, please take it to the relevant area(s). =][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

• Warhead01 and Black Blow Fly like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users