Ork legends out :(

Triszin

It does (ostensibly) confirm that Big Mek with KFF* and Warboss on Warbike are not going to Legends, which is great. As much as this does suck, that's at least a happy thing.

Also, I laughed at the Wargear page. That misses a lot of wargear options for units that aren't in the codex. So, what, there's no way for me to play with the Kustom Shootas my Nob bikers are modelled with?

*Note: The big mek in Legends doesn't have an option for KFF.

Well, I've got at least 2 Big Meks that fit in with my army. What are you supposed to do to get Kustom Force Fields on the field? Do you have to rely on Morkanauts and Meganob Big Meks? Seems expensive to me.  Oopsie.

I hope that some of the stuff that starts off in the Legends category gets restored to full Codex status as replacement models are eventually released. Seems like a load of wasted opportunities otherwise.

Edited by Magos Takatus

This is so poorly done, why did they even bother.

To make your bunghole angry? Heh heh heh.

Legends is an interesting choice by GW. You still have the points and data slates to play everything though. So unless you are a competition player it really shouldn't affect you much.

I do not mind things being put into legends, I just mind our main HQ now can not buy or get a lot of wargear, they should be getting bike options, cybork body options, mega armor options etc etc. He is literally in the fluff the baddest ork around yet he does not get half the options his underlings get. While I do not use a warboss on bike we sort of half lost him. Yes we can use the forgeworld entry, but he is restricted to an evil sunz setup. I can not get a boss on bike for any other clan. As far as the big mek w/KFF, I am overjoyed I can still get him as he has alwys been a mainstay for my army. I footslog, so I need that mobile invuln save. I knew he was still a confirmed option days ago when the first CA ork overviews came out as he was listed in the hq section, which I posted days ago. As an aside I saw the big mek w/KFF as an option in killteam months ago, implying they have a model still or will be releasing a new model soon, to fill in the kill team unit choice option and extending to 40k. I could not find a killteam model on the GW website, so I am assuming a new model will be released eventually/soon.

I get why they have legends. Index book will likely not be in circulation much longer, I don't even know if GW still sells them now. I just don't like the laziness it look like as far as I can tell. Younz are probably on to something about new models with updated rules in a future book, the lack of a KFF option on the Legends Big Mek stands out because it is an option on the biker Big Mek. I guess I a just more out of the loop than I thought. If I play any more 8th or what ever I will stick with the index options to fill in the gaps, I'll just scribble in Dakka Dakka Dakka where appropriate or something.  "So it shall come to pass, for you cannot run from your own bunghole! run as you may." 

• 3 months later...
Where exactly is the data sheet for a Big Mek with KFF? The Legends entry doesn't have it as an option, it's not in the codex... is it in the index? It's kind of strange it would be given point values in CA 2019 with no data sheet.

Where exactly is the data sheet for a Big Mek with KFF? The Legends entry doesn't have it as an option, it's not in the codex... is it in the index? It's kind of strange it would be given point values in CA 2019 with no data sheet.

This is a weird grey area, the Index Big Mek can take a KFF but there's no specific datasheet named "Big Mek with Kustom Force Field"

Alot of tourneys are not allowing legends now. KFF big mek IS in our codex now, just no official model (yet). They will be producing a model I am sure, just nothing seen yet. There is a KFF big mek in kill team as well but no model there either. Also they might be releasing something new for orks soon as the rumor engine pic from march 10th is clearly an ork… something. The reason I think they will be producing a model soon enough is, as we all know, GW no longer makes units they do not have models for, they had the option to send the unit to legends but did not. Big mek w/ KFF will come. You can definitely use him. Only the "index" version is in legends.

I just wish our warbosses actually still had options. Bosses are relatively weak now, denying them the bit of options they had just makes them weaker. I would like my boss to be able to have bikes, cybork bodies, mega armor, ammo runts would be nice... you know things their lessor underlings get to run around with but for some reason my toughest leader just does not use anymore. 

Hmmm... that is weird. Have there been any official tournament rulings on using one?

It's all kinds of crazy now. There was a flow chart explaining how the Index units carried over to an army list and worked with the codex. This is how I will be doing things as tournaments are not anything I care about and if I play in one I will just build a list from the codex to keep my life simple for a few hours.  It is odd that Tournaments might not allow Legends but depending on the event they may readvise their players now that that document has been out for a while. You never know. 

The KFF Mek situation is not very good right now and it's most likely due to the lack of a plastic model. 

I'm not sure where the "Mig Mek with KFF is in our codex now" came from the only thing I recall is a KFF points price listed in a points update that seemed strange, might be in Legends or a FW points update.  The lack of communication on this from GW is unhelpful. Funny I would say that. I hate this "living rule book" edition. 

Best way to field a KFF is probably a good topic for it's own thread at some point.

I've just been playing the index Big Mek datasheet. Alternatively, you could use the codex's Big Mek w/ SAG datasheet, and replace the weapons with the KFF rule, as found on other datasheets.

Its sloppy, but GW hasn't given us an answer in the last 4 months.

I'm not sure where the "Mig Mek with KFF is in our codex now" came from the only thing I recall is a KFF points price listed in a points update that seemed strange, might be in Legends or a FW points update.  The lack of communication on this from GW is unhelpful. Funny I would say that. I hate this "living rule book" edition. 

It comes from the fact GW has them in the 2019 CA with a points cost for them in there amongst our other units. So when they updated all the points costs they added the big mek w/ kff. That effectively puts them in our codex points costs alongside all the other ork units. The kff is in there as well. Even armybuilder has 2 of them, the index version, and the 2019 CA version. If the big mek w/ kff was not a legal unit it wouldn't have been updated in CA. They certainly did not update or include anything else that went into "legends". 

I definitly agree with toaa, very sloppy with tons of questions because it has not been addressed.