knights with little knights

samerandomhero

Im not sure where to actually put this, if it is in the wrong spot I apologize and will correct it.

I currently run Solar Auxilia with Knights as a reinforcing backbone as my solar auxilia get eaten alive when the wolvetime crosses the board or worse the blood angels and world eaters just drop in. 

The two groups of 30k players i play with are almost all cool players running armies that range from lightweight to fullbore double barrel power levels. I do not get to play often but thoroughly enjoy when I do. 

While I am happy with my solar auxilia combined with a few cerastus knights, I have seen the new moraix mini knights released  for 30k and think they look awesome. I am now kicking around the idea of making a 30k army of a few cerastus knights and the rest all moraix armigers as a monofaction army to play. 

I guess the big question is, do you guys feel that a knight army with three cerastus knights and the rest moraix squadrons would be ok powerwise versus capable 30k armies or would it be a powerhouse that would drown everything but the most powerful lists?

I have six cerastus knights and I am aware that an all full size knight list is generally viewed as over the top for 30k, my intent would be to have an army that was cool and fun but not going to crush other players armies. 

list would be:

-2-3 cerastus knights: my favorite are the archeron and lancer, with the castigator after those. I have not grabbed up an atrapos or the big daddy. those are cool but not really what I am digging.

-multiple squadrons of moraix armigers. i guess weapons would also play a part in the overall power level of the mini knights

would this roll like an armored list as is pretty popular in the groups I play in or would this just be too much?

I had eyed the candy red Ksons as a next army but I have heard they are considered crazy over the top good so I am looking at selling the big NIB collection of them I purchased and doing something different. I love my knight house and it would be cool to roll them out every now and then as a full house using the miniknights.

From an outside perspective:  from the way you're describing your so-called 'meta' or gaming environment, I believe you'll be fine.

Lists that could already deal with your Solar Aux list with two Knights attached, will be able to deal with a list with tow or three Knights and some Moirax as well. Just got for it.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, thought I replied and said thank you for your advice and taking the time to reply. I guess I did not hit post the right way or my connection bugged.

But anyway, thanks for the reply and advice. :)

Decided to wait on the little knights.