Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elijah's Crusade

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Hello brothers ;)

Previous thread was this one : http://www.bolterand...ection-2000pts/

Thanks to you i know which models i'm going to get on the road to 2000pts and beyond !

In this thread i'll put my lists looking for your feedback to improve as a player (i played 6 games so far) :)

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Tomorrow night i'm going to play a 2vs2 with this :

V7 = 999pts

/// HQ ///

Lieutenant = Master Crafted Boltgun & Heavenfall Blade, Warlord & Brilliant Strategist = 67pts

Techmarine = Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, Servo Arm = 45pts

/// TROOPS ///

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Boltgun & Chainsword + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Missile Launcher = 85pts

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Boltgun & Chainsword + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Missile Launcher = 85pts

/// ELITES ///

Venerable Dreadnought = Twin Lascannon + Dreadnought Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter = 152pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought = x2 Twin Lascannon + Cyclone Missile Launcher = 206pts

Devastator Squad = Sergeant Boltgun & Bolt Pistol + 4 Devastators with Missile Launchers = 145pts

Devastator Squad = Sergeant Boltgun & Bolt Pistol + 4 Devastators with Plasma Cannons = 129pts

A static list but should have enough dakka :)

signature.jpg

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,385 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

What kind of mission are you playing? Might be good to consider before committing to a list that is too static

"Fiat lux!"
- Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn, a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter

gallery_26154_15777_630.png

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

What kind of mission are you playing? Might be good to consider before committing to a list that is too static

I don't know yet, we usually choose the teams and the mission just before playing.

signature.jpg

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts
A couple of general comments
- a squad of scouts to zone out an area outside deployment
- I try and have some mobility even if it's just sacrificial to objective grab or tie up a unit

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

So i played with a Imperial Fists player against Dark Eldars and Thousand Sons. I wanted to confront the DE to see how strong they are (and oh boy i was not dissapointed). Basically it was team noob vs team veteran. We got to deploy first so we got the first turn too. The scenario was Maelstrom with 6 objectives.

1575715855-sdm-vanguardstrike.jpg

I deployed to get inside some of our buildings and cover two objectives, the Imperial Fists deployed all his units at the other side.

We got a Fortress of Redemption on the table, so our opponents deployed all their units behind it.

Basically the game was me against all of them up until Turn 3 because the Imperial Fist player wasn't at range. So i lost one unit after the other...

About my list :

- Lieutenant did his work but the lack of an invulnerable save is problematic. Died from shooting after destroying a flyer in CC.

- Techmarine healed 3 wounds on the contemptor T2 and that's about it. He was left with 1 Wound at T4 after being charged by deep striking cultists.

- The 3 tactical : one scored a VP at the other side of the table, the two others did some poor shooting before being engaged and deleted in CC.

- Venerable dread was their first target and being in cover didn't saved him. Did some Wounds on one flyer.

- Contemptor was MVP again. One shooted a Predator T1 to be then engaged in CC by a double moving Helldrake (spell), i got some luck on Overwatch but didn't killed the flyer. Then i falled back to shoot (stratagem) but it was Vected (really ?!). Died from T2 shooting.

- Devastors with Plasma did nothing, wiped T1.

- Devastators with Missile Launchers had their chance to shine but botched all their Frag against some DE flying infantry (sick). Got wiped out by deep striking TS terminators.

In the end i scored all our VPs but couldn't withstand such combined firepower for long.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Battle Scribe has been updated with points reduction so here's my next list :)

V8 = 1000pts

/// HQ ///

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought = x2 Dread Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter, Warlord & Master of Maneuvre = 139pts

Master in Terminator Armour = Heavenfall Blade & Storm Bolter = 101pts

/// TROOPS ///

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Chainsword & Boltgun + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Missile Launcher = 85pts

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Chainsword & Boltgun + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Missile Launcher = 85pts

/// ELITES ///

Deathwing Terminator Squad = Sergeant with Power Sword & SB + 3 Terminators with PF & SB + 1 Terminator with PF & Assault Cannon = 185pts

Venerable Dreadnought = Twin Lascannon + Dread Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter = 152pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought = x2 Twin Lascannon = 168pts

Tactical Squads & Contemptor in the back

Venerable Dread & Chaplain Dread moving forward

Terminators & Master in Deep Strike

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

This is the list i posted in the DA subforum, should be great once we got PA4 with the sweet litanies teehee.gif

Wishlist 1 = 1997pts

/// HQ ///

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought = x2 Dread Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter, Warlord & Master of Maneuvre = 139pts

Azrael = Sword of Secrets & Lion's Wrath = 150pts

Asmodai = Blades of Reason, Crozius & Bolt Pistol = 110pts

/// ELITES ///

Company Champion = Blade of Caliban & Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield = 44pts

Company Veterans = Sergeant & 3 Veterans with Lightning Claws = 96pts

Deathwing Ancient = Power Fist & Storm Bolter = 76pts

Deathwing Champion = Halberd of Caliban = 90pts

Deathwing Knights = Master with Flail & Storm Shield + 4 Knights with Mace & Storm Shield + Watcher in the Dark = 180pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Land Raider = x2 Twin Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter = 279pts

Land Raider Crusader = x2 Hurricane Bolter, Twin Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter = 266pts

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought = x2 Storm Cannon Array, x2 Heavy Flamers = 303pts

Azrael (bubble reroll to hit & 4++) with the Company Champion and the LC Vets inside the Land Raider.

Asmodai (exhortation of rage) with the Terminators inside the Crusader (the Knights will do 30+ attacks by themselves).

The Chaplain Dread (Mantra of Strength) reroll advance to keep up with the LRs.

Contemptor and Leviathan just behind.

Edited by Elijah, 10 December 2019 - 07:45 PM.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

I've reworked the various deep striking Vets lists i've done into this (mostly) Greenwing list sweat.gif

Wishlist 2 = 2003pts

/// HQ ///

Lieutenant = Heavenfall Blade & Combi Plasma = 75pts

/// ELITES ///

Company Veterans = Sergeant & 3 Veterans with Combi Plasma & Chainsword = 100pts

Company Veterans = Sergeant & 3 Veterans with Combi Plasma & Chainsword = 100pts

Company Champion = Blade of Caliban & Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield, Warlord & Master of Maneuvre = 44pts

Company Veterans = Sergeant & 3 Veterans with Lightning Claws & Combat Shield = 112pts

Company Veterans = Sergeant & 3 Veterans with Lightning Claws & Combat Shield = 112pts

Venerable Dreadnought = Twin Lascannon + Dread Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter = 152pts

/// FAST ATTACK ///

Tarantula Sentry Gun = Twin Assault Cannon = 64pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Devastator Squad = Sergeant with Combi Flamer & Bolt Pistol + 1 Marine with Boltgun + 4 Marines with Missile Launcher = 166pts

Devastator Squad = Sergeant with Combi Flamer & Bolt Pistol + 1 Marine with Boltgun + 4 Marines with Plasma Cannon = 150pts

/// FLYER ///

Nephilim = Avenger Mega Bolter, Twin Heavy Bolter, x2 Blacksword Missile Launcher = 142pts

/// TRANSPORTS ///

Drop Pod = Storm Bolter = 65pts

Razorback = Twin Assault Cannon = 114pts

The Nephilim on the loose.

12 Devastators inside the 2 Razorbacks.

The two dreads and the tarantula in the back.

Azrael (bubble reroll to hit & 4++) + Lieutenant (bubble reroll 1 to wound) + 8 Vets inside the first Drop Pod for a x10 Rapid Firing Combi Plasma bomb.

Asmodai (bubble reroll to hit in CC & additionnal attack) + Company Champion (bubble reroll charge) + 8 LC Vets (reroll to wound) inside the other Drop Pod for CC murdering.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

I was wondering how i could balance the three Wings into a single very aggressive list so here's what i got happy.png

Wishlist 3 = 2004pts

/// HQ ///

Azrael = Sword of Secrets & Lion's Wrath, Warlord & Brilliant Strategist = 150pts

Belial = Sword of Silence & Storm Bolter = 125pts

Sammael on Corvex = Raven Sword & Twin Storm Bolter = 140pts

/// TROOPS ///

Scout Squad = Sergeant & 3 Scouts with Sniper Rifles + 1 Scout with Missile Launcher, x5 Camo Cloak = 98pts

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Chainsword & Combi Flamer + 4 Marines with Boltgun + 1 Marine with Missile Launcher = 106pts

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Chainsword & Combi Flamer + 4 Marines with Boltgun + 1 Marine with Missile Launcher = 106pts

/// ELITES ///

Company Veterans = Sergeant + 3 Veterans with Combi Plasma & Chainsword = 100pts

Company Veterans = Sergeant + 3 Veterans with Combi Plasma & Chainsword = 100pts

Deathwing Terminator Squad = Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter + 4 Terminators with Power Fist & Storm Bolter = 165pts

Ravenwing Champion = Blade of Caliban & Plasma Talon = 70pts

/// FAST ATTACK ///

Ravenwing Bike Squad = Sergeant with Combi Plasma + 2 Bikers with Chainsword & Plasma Gun = 102pts

Ravenwing Bike Squad = Sergeant with Combi Plasma + 2 Bikers with Chainsword & Plasma Gun = 102pts

Ravenwing Black Knights = Sergeant + 2 Black Knights with Corvus Hammer & Plasma Talon = 102pts

/// TRANSPORTS ///

A list with 11 CPs (!) and get one more on 5+ after each stratagem.

As usual Azrael (bubble reroll to hit & 4++) + Lieutenant (bubble reroll 1 to wound) + 8 Vets inside the Drop Pod for a x10 Rapid Firing Combi Plasma bomb.

The Tactical inside the Razorback for objective grabbing (Combi Flamers are there for Overwatch auto hits).

Belial + Ancient + Champion + Storm Bolter Terminators for a good old Deathwing (Assault) Deep Strike.

The Ravenwing with Sammael + Champion + 9 Bikers rush forward.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

I've tried to come with the most competitive 1000pts list i could smile.png

Hard 1 = 1006pts

/// HQ ///
Azrael = Sword of Secrets & Lion's Wrath, Warlord & Brilliant Strategist = 150pts

/// ELITES ///
Company Veterans = Sergeant with Combi Plasma & Chainsword + Veteran with Plasma Cannon & Chainsword = 55pts
Company Veterans = Sergeant with Combi Plasma & Chainsword + Veteran with Plasma Cannon & Chainsword = 55pts

/// FAST ATTACK ///

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

/// TRANSPORTS ///

I'm at 6 CPs so not bad at all for 1000pts and i will got CP back on 5+.
As usual Azrael (bubble reroll to hit & 4++) + Lieutenant (bubble reroll 1 to wound) + 8 Vets inside the Drop Pod for a x10 Rapid Firing Combi Plasma bomb.

Spamming dual Vets with Combi & Plasma Cannon, it's kinda affordable and force the opponent to split his shooting.

The trio Contemptor + double TAC tarantula is here to improve the gunline with more heavy shooting.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Same thing but at 2000pts.

Hard 2 = 2001pts

/// HQ ///

/// TROOPS ///

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Chainsword & Combi Plasma + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Plasma Cannon = 92pts

Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Chainsword & Combi Plasma + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Plasma Cannon = 92pts

/// ELITES ///

Aggressor Squad = Sergeant + 2 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade Launchers = 111pts

Aggressor Squad = Sergeant + 2 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade Launchers = 111pts

Company Champion = Blade of Caliban & Combat Shield = 44pts

Company Champion = Blade of Caliban & Combat Shield = 44pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Contemptor = x4 Lascannon = 168pts

Leviathan = x2 Heavy Flamers, x2 Storm Cannon Array = 303pts

Devastator = Sergeant with Boltgun + 4 Devastators with Missile Launchers = 145pts

/// FLYER ///

Nephilim = Avenger Mega Bolter, Twin Heavy Bolter, x2 Blacksword Missile Launcher = 142pts

/// TRANSPORT ///

Tactical with Missile Launcher + Plasma Vets defend the nearest objective

Double Plasma Tactical + Champion inside Razorback to rush other objectives

6 Aggressors + Chaplain Dread reroll advance to follow the Razorbacks (that don't stop the Aggressors to shoot)

The rest deal with the threats one after the other

Edited by Elijah, 13 December 2019 - 06:12 PM.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Battle Scribe has been updated with points reduction so here's my next list smile.png

V8 = 1000pts

/// HQ ///

/// TROOPS ///

/// ELITES ///

Deathwing Terminator Squad = Sergeant with Power Sword & SB + 3 Terminators with PF & SB + 1 Terminator with PF & Assault Cannon = 185pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Tactical Squads & Contemptor in the back

Venerable Dread & Chaplain Dread moving forward

Terminators & Master in Deep Strike

Finally i did some modification before playing yesterday (against Orks) to test some of these new ideas i had.

V8 = 1001pts

/// HQ ///

/// TROOPS ///

/// ELITES ///

Company Champion = Blade of Caliban & Combat Shield, Shroud of Heroes = 44pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

He played full infantry so the Quad Laser Contemptor didn't do much. Globally my list wasn't great especially to fight Orks.

The Chaplain Dread and Company Champion were MVPs, they helped a lot to stop these Orks in CC.

Minimal squad of Plasma Vet is really cool, points for points i feel they are a better investment than Tactical or Devastator.

Probably the last time i play regular Terminators, once you bypass their Armor Save with a MW weapon they drop like flies.

I did forgot some of my rule (Shroud of Heroes, Bolter Discipline, etc), did some horrendeous Armor Save (5 Armor Save 3+ on one Tactical, 5 failed, all dead), but still won ! Orks are bad sad.png

Edited by Elijah, 14 December 2019 - 09:24 AM.

signature.jpg

Grand Master Raziel

Grand Master Raziel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 912 posts
  • Faction: Night Angels

This is the list i posted in the DA subforum, should be great once we got PA4 with the sweet litanies teehee.gif

Wishlist 1 = 1997pts

/// HQ ///

/// ELITES ///

Company Champion = Blade of Caliban & Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield = 44pts

Deathwing Knights = Master with Flail & Storm Shield + 4 Knights with Mace & Storm Shield + Watcher in the Dark = 180pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

Land Raider = x2 Twin Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter = 279pts

Land Raider Crusader = x2 Hurricane Bolter, Twin Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter = 266pts

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought = x2 Storm Cannon Array, x2 Heavy Flamers = 303pts

Azrael (bubble reroll to hit & 4++) with the Company Champion and the LC Vets inside the Land Raider.

Asmodai (exhortation of rage) with the Terminators inside the Crusader (the Knights will do 30+ attacks by themselves).

The Chaplain Dread (Mantra of Strength) reroll advance to keep up with the LRs.

Contemptor and Leviathan just behind.

I just banged out a similar-ish list to this, in that I've got a LR and LRC full of Deathwing and supporting characters. Where it differs is in having 3 squads of Scouts to make a battalion, for the CP and for units that can sit on objectives, a screen for the LRs with Fly (two Land Speeders and a Dark Shroud), and for a little Forge World pizzazz my Sicaran Battle Tank. 

I will say I really don't think much of the Deathwing Champion. For about 10pts more you can pick up a Master in Terminator Armor with a Heavenfall Blade and have +2 attacks over the DWC all the time, not just against units with more than 5 models.

• Chaplain Elijah likes this

BHoA_2014_Banner_Artificer.jpg

Profile of the Night Angels

Check out my 40K blog: Crafting Cave Games

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

I just banged out a similar-ish list to this, in that I've got a LR and LRC full of Deathwing and supporting characters. Where it differs is in having 3 squads of Scouts to make a battalion, for the CP and for units that can sit on objectives, a screen for the LRs with Fly (two Land Speeders and a Dark Shroud), and for a little Forge World pizzazz my Sicaran Battle Tank. 

I will say I really don't think much of the Deathwing Champion. For about 10pts more you can pick up a Master in Terminator Armor with a Heavenfall Blade and have +2 attacks over the DWC all the time, not just against units with more than 5 models.

Seen like that i agree a Master is a better choice.

I hope one day the DW & RW characters will be on par with the Company Champion regarding cost effectiveness.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

So i was looking to the litanies in depth and i come up with a list to abuse them :)

Chaplain 1 = 995pts

/// HQ ///

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought = x2 Dread Combat Weapon with Storm Bolter, Mantra of Strength & Catechism of Fire = 139pts

Interrogator Chaplain = Jump Pack, Crozius & Mace of Redemption, Warlord & Master of Maneuvre, Mantra of Strength & Canticle of Hate = 99pts

/// ELITES ///

Aggressor Squad = Sergeant + 2 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade = 111pts

Aggressor Squad = Sergeant + 2 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade = 111pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

/// TRANSPORTS ///

The Plasma Vets & Contemptor in the back.

The LC Vets in Deep Strike with the Drop Pod, 75% of chance to do their 9'' Charge thanks to Canticle of Hate + Master of Maneuver.

Smash Chaplain & Chappy Dread (both are great beat sticks with Mantra of Strength) behind the Aggressors, everyone reroll their advance and that doesn't stop the Aggressors to shoot without the penalty to hit. Once the Aggressors stop you're looking at ~60 dices of shooting per squad, both reroll 1 to-hit and one get +1 to-wound with Catechism of Fire.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

So i got a Drop Pod now :)

I don't think i'll play it this week so i'm going to build some lists around it to be prepared for next week...

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Building my list... i'm up against Tau tomorrow night so if you got any advices i'll take them sweat.gif

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

So from what i've understood i need as much saturation as possible to get rid of Shield Drones and get in Combat as fast as possible.
Here's a list with my new Drop Pod, i'm going all in here !

Total = 999pts

/// HQ ///
Asmodai = 110pts
Chaplain Dread = x2 Fists with Storm Bolter = 139pts

/// ELITE ///
Apothecary = 50pts
Company Champion = Warlord & Master of Maneuvre, Shroud of Heroes = 44pts
Company Veterans = Sergeant + 3 Vets with Lightning Claws = 96pts
Company Veterans = Sergeant + 3 Vets with Lightning Claws = 96pts
Dreadnought = Assault Cannon & Fist with Storm Bolter = 114pts
Dreadnought = Assault Cannon & Fist with Storm Bolter = 114pts

/// SUPPORT ///
Devastator Squad = Sergeant + 2 Marines with Bolters, x4 Marines with Missile Launcher = 171pts

/// TRANSPORT ///

The Devastators in the back shooting their Missiles, the Apothecary support them (he's mostly there to get the 6th Elite slot).
The 3 Dreads move forward mowing the Drones with Assault Cannons & Storm Bolter before going in Combat.
The Drop Pod is full of nasty : Warlord Company Champion with Relic -1 to be hit will provide a 6'' reroll advance/charge to Asmodai (bubble 6'' reroll CC hits and +1 Attack) and the 8 LC Vets (reroll to-Wound).

What do you think of that ?

gallery_184510_16033_40334.jpg

His army but there is a missing battlesuit on the photo.
That is a lot of stuff for a 1000pts game...
His faction buff gave him a better weapon range so he was firing at 42'' with Fire Warrior, Rapid at 21'' and with his character Rapid 3. Okay...

The scenario was Maelstrom but i ignored the objectives.

gallery_184510_16033_1105501.jpg

I deployed first.
The 3 Dreads in the middle (reminder the Chaplain is a character), Devastators + Apo' in the back, rest in Deep Strike.

T1
Starting the game.
I move the dreads 8'', no Deep Strike, no charge.
I shoot everything on the drones with the Dreads (Wisdom of the Ancient), same with Devastators. Not a lot of losses, Drones are solid !
///
He move in position.
4 or 5 target markers on the first dread, Riptide shooting... 20 unsaved wounds (censored.gif). Of course the Dread explode and do 6 Mortals to the other Dreads (just great).
Rest of his army shoot on the other regular dread, left with 1 Wound.

T2
Same as before, i wipe the drones.
Deep Strike of Drop Pod with 8 Vets + Asmodai + Champion.
Next the charge and i'm doing it short : 150 (!!!) Overwatch dices latter i've lost the 8 Vets + second Dread and am left with only Asmodai in Combat.
///
He fall back Asmodai, vaporize him with shooting then do more wounds on the Chaplain Dread.

T3
Doing an advance with the Champion so he could grant his Master of Maneuvre to the Chaplain Dread.
Riptide is finally rip to the taking so i'm trying 3 Kraks + Flak, doing a Mortal Wound and nothing more because he got a 3++ (lol wut).
Chaplain charge and get deleted with Overwatch (what a surprise hey).

gallery_184510_16033_187601.jpg

What he has left. As for me i still have my Warlord Champion & the Devastators + Apo that wasn't shooted at all game.

I don't mind losing a game to dice rolls!

Sorry but i really want to win this one sweat.gif

Purge the Xenos Elijah! biggrin.png

You show them what a REAL empire is made of!

Well at least i tried but we're so many leagues behind it's not even funny.
Apart from the Overwatch shenaningans that obliterated me i'm really concerned about the Riptide (basically better than a Leviathan for 240pts... come on now).

Anyway this game convinced our club members that Taus are ultra cheesy.
As for me, i feel resignated to probably not playing against them again unless PA4 bring us some joy.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

By the end of the month i'm going to play that :

Wishlist 4 = 1012pts

/// HQ ///

/// TROOPS ///
Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Boltgun & Chainsword + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Plasma Cannon = 81pts
Tactical Squad = Sergeant with Boltgun & Chainsword + 3 Marines with Boltgun + Marine with Plasma Cannon = 81pts

/// ELITES ///

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///

/// TRANSPORT ///

Edited by Chaplain Elijah, 05 January 2020 - 06:52 PM.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

This is a list i worked on for quite some time and is based on few things we will got with PA4 :

- Litanies
- Doctrines
- Grim Resolve on vehicles

1000pts

/// HQ ///
Interrogator Chaplain = Jump Pack, Crozius & Mace of Redemption, Warlord & Master of Maneuver, Mantra of Strength & Catechism of Fire = 99pts
Lieutenant = Chainsword & Combi Plasma = 71pts

/// ELITES ///
Aggressor Squad = Sergeant + 5 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade Launchers = 222pts
Company Veterans = Sergeant with Chainsword & Combi Plasma + 1 Vet with Chainsword & Plasma Cannon = 55pts
Company Veterans = Sergeant with Chainsword & Combi Plasma + 1 Vet with Chainsword & Plasma Cannon = 55pts

/// FAST ATTACK ///
Ravenwing Black Knights = Huntmaster + 4 Black Knights with Corvus Hammer on Bikes with Plasma Talon = 170pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought = x2 Twin Lascannons = 168pts
Whirlwind = Castellan Launcher = 80pts

I'll post in the afternoon about why i picked these units and what makes them good.

signature.jpg

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

This is a list i worked on for quite some time and is based on few things we will got with PA4 :

- Litanies
- Doctrines
- Grim Resolve on vehicles

1000pts

/// HQ ///
Interrogator Chaplain = Jump Pack, Crozius & Mace of Redemption, Warlord & Master of Maneuver, Mantra of Strength & Catechism of Fire = 99pts
Lieutenant = Chainsword & Combi Plasma = 71pts

/// ELITES ///
Aggressor Squad = Sergeant + 5 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade Launchers = 222pts

/// FAST ATTACK ///
Ravenwing Black Knights = Huntmaster + 4 Black Knights with Corvus Hammer on Bikes with Plasma Talon = 170pts

/// HEAVY SUPPORT ///
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought = x2 Twin Lascannons = 168pts

I'll post in the afternoon about why i picked these units and what makes them good.

So those are the ideas behind this list :

T1 & T2 in Devastator Doctrine (+1AP on Heavy Weapons) and starting with T3 eventually i go Assault Doctrine (+1AP on Aggressors & Black Knights).

Chaplain + Aggressors + Black Knights doing an Advance T1 (Master of Maneuver grant a reroll for infantry) and hitting with their Assault Weapons on 4+ (EDIT = forgot that Aggressors always hit on 3+), Black Knights get their 4++ invulnerable, using Catechism of Fire (choosen unit get +1 To Wound) on Aggressors or Black Knights depending on the targets available (saturation or anti vehicle).

T2 the Aggressors do not move and let all hells break loose (72+6D6 = ~93 shoots on 3+ to hit, reroll the 1's, Catechism of Fire if necessary), the Black Knights use Speed of the Raven to advance/shoot/charge with their 4++ against Overwatch (15 attacks hitting on 3+ S5 AP-1 Dmg1D3 on a 6 to Wound) followed by the Smash Chaplain with his rerollable charge (5 attacks hit on 2+ S8 AP-3 Dmg D3+1 with Mantra of Strength if he didn't used Catechism of Fire on Aggressors).

T3 i eventually get into Assault Doctrine, use again Catechism of Fire if possible or maybe the Aggressors will join some Close Combat too.

Regarding what is positionned deep on the table we got the Lieutenant with the 2x2 Vets in Cover + Contemptor + 2 Whirlwinds.

Everything reroll 1's to Hit/Wound, also +1AP on Heavy Weapons (at least until the third turn) :

Contemptor = 4 shoots 48'' on 2+ S9 AP-4 Dmg1D6, it may wipe a vehicle each turn

Whirlwinds = 4D6 shoots 72'' (without LoS) on 3+ S6 AP-1, ideal to target long ranged infantry with heavy weapons (such as Imperial Guard) or clean up a far away objective

Vets + Lieutenant = between 2 / 12 plasma shoots depending on range/luck, ideal to help finishing a vehicle or wipe a deep striking unit (like Terminators)

Edited by Chaplain Elijah, 07 January 2020 - 05:54 PM.

signature.jpg

Fierce Bear

Fierce Bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 238 posts
Elijah, you might find it useful to get at least one more detachment in there (vanguard, spearhead or outrider) I think you only need to adjust a unit type to get you at least an extra CP, at the moment your only getting 1+3 cp, not even one re roll per turn (5 turns)

The Tactical doctrine works on the aggressors and Ravenwing bikes (T2) so that hosing of bolter fire can have the extra bite of the additional -1 ap!

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Elijah, you might find it useful to get at least one more detachment in there (vanguard, spearhead or outrider) I think you only need to adjust a unit type to get you at least an extra CP, at the moment your only getting 1+3 cp, not even one re roll per turn (5 turns)

The Tactical doctrine works on the aggressors and Ravenwing bikes (T2) so that hosing of bolter fire can have the extra bite of the additional -1 ap!

I'll get 5 CP (3 + Vanguard + Outrider Detachments) ;) It's rare i use a stratagem, we doesn't have good ones unfortunately.

Isn't the Tactical Doctrine for Rapid Fire weapons ? Because Aggressors & Black Knights only have Assaults weapons iirc.

signature.jpg

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 625 posts

Tactical Doctrine is for both Rapid Fire and Assault Weapons.

• Chaplain Elijah likes this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users