Repressor

BaronTuman

They will be in CA2019 in terms of points. The Datasheet is still in Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes.

Actually watching one of the many CA19 reviews, repressors are not in there, which is why I'm asking. Are the points values in the FotAA still the latest, or were they changed in a subsequent book?

They will be in CA2019 in terms of points. The Datasheet is still in Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes.

Actually watching one of the many CA19 reviews, repressors are not in there, which is why I'm asking. Are the points values in the FotAA still the latest, or were they changed in a subsequent book?

They're in a separate section for Forgeworld stuff under the heading "Inquisition, Grey Knights, and Adepta Sororitas". Unfortunately, none of the reviews I've seen are ever clear enough to see the value. The D6Evolution guys only ever show half that page when they started talking about Custodes stuff which makes it even more maddening. I want to say it looks like 91 points, but that's more of a shot in the dark. Here's a pic from the original leaks taken on a bloody potato, but it's the best I can do:

http://bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/greyknigts.jpg

Third unit down from the section in the bottom left under the subheading WAR MACHINES. 

It's also important to remember that the Repressor is still an Index data sheet that does not have the abilities listed in it for Acts of Faith or Sacred Rites. Missing these isn't a deal breaker depending on what Order you're playing, but it's another thing to keep in mind.

The Repressor is indeed 91 points base in the MFM.

They also haven't been Legend-ed...but nothing else FW has been yet, either...so we're still under the hammer there until it goes one way or the other as far as I'm concerned.

They also haven't been Legend-ed...but nothing else FW has been yet, either...so we're still under the hammer there until it goes one way or the other as far as I'm concerned.

Why would they put the repressor into the MFM if it's going to be put into Legends?  Do we have a precedent for any other models for which this has happened?

Why would they put the repressor into the MFM if it's going to be put into Legends? Do we have a precedent for any other models for which this has happened?
No, I don't think so, but you're ignoring the most important distinction here - precedence doesn't apply when we're talking about FW as it looks like none of their models made it in (keep me honest here if I'm wrong).

If consistency better mattered, the Repressor, which hasn't had an available model for years, would have been immediately included. It is a prime example of what Legends is for, at least for GW kits, so at this point I think the jury is still out on what will happen to it until there's some kind of intent shared about FW.

Edited by Lemondish

Why would they put the repressor into the MFM if it's going to be put into Legends?  Do we have a precedent for any other models for which this has happened?

Well...the Rhino Primaris and Land Raider Excelsior have points in the MFM, and they're included in Legends...so...?

That's more damning than anything else.  I guess that puts even more emphasis on the viability of Dominions in Repressors too.

5 Meltas in a Repressor with a Simulacrum and Cherub costs 248 points. Comparing that to an Exorcist which will deliver similar results for only 170, makes is suspect.  Maybe I need to rethink wanting them at all.

I think Doms scooting around in Repressors is fairly deceased.  There's things you can do with Ebon Chalice and Heavy Flamer Rets, but that bit may cause more trouble than it is worth.  I think Dominions are going to be demoted to holding Storm bolters and enabling Blessed Bolts when you need it.  They should be able to get to rapid fire range fairly easily to turn on the 4 shots x4 Dominions.  Flamers are just... still very weak... and meltaguns are too pricey to deliver later in the game on Dominions (if they make it at all with being exposed).  I'd rather just build up a few BSS with 2-3 meltaguns as needed than run it on Dominions anymore, let the Doms keep hold of the Storm bolters.