Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Wolves Impulsor Conversion Discussion

Space Wolves Conversions Iron Wolves

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Hey everyone!

So I've decided I'm solidly in the Iron Wolves great clan. I love the armored assault approach and it fits my play-style. So what I'm planning on doing is converting up some Implusors so they have some of the appearing of Viking Ships!

CC10636.png

99120101262_SMPrimarisImpulsor01.jpg

So, I am planning on taking the shields and throwing them up on Impulsor's sides. I plan on running my Impulsors with the invlun shield and I think this will represent the invuln save pretty well. I know I will have to green stuff pelts and other trophies on the Impulsors as well. 

What about maybe green-stuffing some sort of wolfy battering ram on the front as they will be charging enemy units as well to soak over watch. 

Anyone else have any ideas? 

• Hiroitchi likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,667 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
A sail-like auspex antenna on top? A dragon's head-like enclosure for a bow or roof-mounted twin heavy bolter (or heavy flamer, assault cannon, multi-melta, lascannon) mount that resembles a Viking longship's figurehead?
  • Aothaine likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

There is a conversion of a landspeeder using parts from Logan Grimnars sleigh somewhere on the interwebs. So that might be interesting. Ah found a picture, here -> https://www.pinteres...19337124404197/

So yeah, don't know how exactly this is transferable to an impulsor but the sleigh is worth checking out.

There are also these rhino doors from Kromlech, viking ship themed
-> https://bitsofwar.co...thor-doors.html

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 06 December 2019 - 06:18 PM.

• Bjorn Firewalker and Aothaine like this
Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
I would plate the top and back off, use FW doors on the back for getting troops out. Then line the sides with shields. The mast is difficult as it doesn't really for the aesthetics. The dragon heads I would sculpt replacing that camera thing below the stubbed. Could sculpt a spine the goes up toward the dragon head.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 06 December 2019 - 12:10 PM.

• Aothaine likes this
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 495 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

https://www.shapeway...ops/gadgetsplus

I like the Prow idea, have a look at this shop, they do Iron Wolf Heads for Armigers and Imperial Knight, I've seen people use them on dreadnaughts, so they should have a size that would fit.

Edited by sbarnby71, 06 December 2019 - 02:27 PM.

• Aothaine likes this

Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to be here

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,737 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Instead of a single prow head, you might consider doing one on either side of the vehicle at the front.
  • Aothaine likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

All of these are excellent ideas! Thank you for sharing! Sometimes the right side of my brain doesn't function. :P 

Thank you so much!

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,667 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
A crazy idea: Combine an oversized auspex antenna (to represent a Viking longship's sail) with an Astra Militarum Chimera's lasgun array (to represent the oars). Shoehorn miniature Viking shields beside the lasgun barrels. Copy appropriate Special Rules (or write your own) regarding the advantages so powerful an auspex set will provide the player's To Hit rolls and/or against enemy infiltrators.

Add an appropriate figurehead, and you should be done.

There is a conversion of a landspeeder using parts from Logan Grimnars sleigh somewhere on the interwebs. So that might be interesting. Ah found a picture, here -> https://www.pinteres...19337124404197/
So yeah, don't know how exactly this is transferable to an impulser but the sleigh is worth checking out.

There are also these rhino doors from Kromlech, viking ship themed
-> https://bitsofwar.co...thor-doors.html

Good finds!
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

More good ideas for sure! Thank you Bjorn! I'm starting to wrack up ideas and tutorials to implement these ideas. Going to be working on my first two Primaris this month most likely. I'll be working on my Implusors after I get my air brush up and running. At least the painting of them anyway. Might start work on my first Implusor around March-April. I'll be sure to have pictures in my main blog when that comes. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space Wolves, Conversions, Iron Wolves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users