3k Thousand Sons Friendmaker GOTCK

CajunJynx

I have been kicking around starting a second legion for a bit until a decent sized 1KS lot pretty much dropped into my lap, after playing a few games, this is the current iteration.

As it is guard of the crimson king, have to play it with a soft hand to keep it fun, but the ability to flip the WAAC switch is there.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Ahzek Ahriman [225pts]: Artificer Armour

Magnus The Red [670pts]: The Unrestrained Might of the Crimson King

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [235pts]

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour, Osiron, Twin-linked Autocannon

. . Dreadnought Force Weapon

Quad Launcher Support Battery, Legion [140pts]: Cult Arcana: Corvidae (Divination), 2x Rapier, Legion, Shatter Shell

+ Troops +

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal , Compulsory [390pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour

. Sekhmet Inceptor: Force Axe

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Force Axe

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Chainfist

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Force Sword

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal , Compulsory [395pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. . Combi-Bolter

. Sekhmet Terminator: Power Fist

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Rotor Cannon [175pts]: Cult Arcana: Corvidae (Divination), Rotor Cannon, 5x Space Marines, Legion, Support Squad

. Additional Wargear

. . Entire Squad may Upgrade Rotor cannons to have:: Asphyx Shells

. Sergeant, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Rotor Cannon, Artificer Armor

+ Fast Attack +

Ammitara Occult Intercession Cabal [145pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis), 4x Intercessor with Sniper Rifle

. Ammitara Fate: Nuncio-vox

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Battle Tank [205pts]: Accelerator Autocannon, Armoured Ceramite, Lascannon Sponsons

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XV: Thousand Sons, Traitor

Rite of War: The Guard of the Crimson King

+ Lords of War +

Questoris Knight Paladin [420pts]: Occular Augmetics, Rapid-fire battlecannon, Twin Icarus autocannon

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Edited by CajunJynx

Solid list mate,

You've got an interesting way of making friends!

Two filled out sek termies and a knight?! The only friendly part is that they are footslogging.

I'd say this is on it's way to competitive. To make it friendlier, I'd be cutting the numbers of those termie squads and putting points into more troopy based rhino riding plebs. Will give you mobility if you play objectives games too.

Overall it doesn't need changing, just depends on how you want to play the list.

Solid list mate,

Two filled out sek termies and a knight?! The only friendly part is that they are footslogging.

I'd say this is on it's way to competitive. To make it friendlier, I'd be cutting the numbers of those termie squads and putting points into more troopy based rhino riding plebs. Will give you mobility if you play objectives games too.

Overall it doesn't need changing, just depends on how you want to play the list.

I plan on doing exactly that, actually, like I said in the OP, a 1ksons lot basically fell into my lap and this is what it contains, my primary legion is AL, so I have plenty of models to proxy in and try different things.

Solid list mate,

I plan on doing exactly that, actually, like I said in the OP, a 1ksons lot basically fell into my lap and this is what it contains, my primary legion is AL, so I have plenty of models to proxy in and try different things.

Oof.  I've been reading some of your other posts on this forum OP and you certainly come from a VERY COMPETITIVE meta.

If you wanted to keep this fun, I'd recommend a few things:

• If you're hell-bent on GotCK, downgrade Magnus to his base profile.  Even at 670 points he's unbalanced, not to mention he's not in your LoW slot.  Taking that into account, I'd leave the knight at home as well.  Take one or the other.
  • Consider bumping the Sekhmet down to 5 man squads.  2 wound terminators w/ psychic shenanigans are still stupid good.

<p>

Oof. I've been reading some of your other posts on this forum OP and you certainly come from a VERY COMPETITIVE meta.

If you wanted to keep this fun, I'd recommend a few things:

• If you're hell-bent on GotCK, downgrade Magnus to his base profile. Even at 670 points he's unbalanced, not to mention he's not in your LoW slot. Taking that into account, I'd leave the knight at home as well. Take one or the other.
  • Consider bumping the Sekhmet down to 5 man squads. 2 wound terminators w/ psychic shenanigans are still stupid good.

You are absolutely correct, the local meta is very tough, I actually realized the same thing looking at other posts lol. I kinda thought everyone was at the same level, striking a balance of fluff and competition.

I personally refuse to play a non-legion RoW and found the other 1ksons option..to just not be fluffy. I did change up the list a bit to the following variant.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Ahzek Ahriman [225pts]: Artificer Armour

Magnus The Red [670pts]: The Unrestrained Might of the Crimson King

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [230pts]

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour, Multi-melta, Osiron

. . Dreadnought Force Weapon

+ Troops +

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal , Compulsory [355pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal , Compulsory [340pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis)

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. . Combi-Bolter

. Tartaros Pattern Terminator Armour

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [195pts]: Bolters, Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis), 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Nuncio-vox, Vexilla, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [195pts]: Bolters, Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis), 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Nuncio-vox, Vexilla, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs

+ Fast Attack +

Ammitara Occult Intercession Cabal [145pts]: Cult Arcana: Raptora (Telekinesis), 4x Intercessor with Sniper Rifle

. Ammitara Fate: Nuncio-vox

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Battle Tank [225pts]: Accelerator Autocannon, Armoured Ceramite, Lascannon Sponsons

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XV: Thousand Sons, Traitor

Rite of War: The Guard of the Crimson King

+ Lords of War +

Questoris Knight Paladin [420pts]: Occular Augmetics, Rapid-fire battlecannon, Twin Icarus autocannon

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

The 1k sons are probably the best all round Legion there is, limiting to one row is unfortunate.

Their arcana rules make them better than most people at everything, there are some great combinations avaliable. ZM breachers get a 3+ invuln!

I played a GoTCK list for a bit, but its not very exciting. Playing againgst it a few times, If you come across anything remotely mobile that isn't full of elite units it can tear you apart.